Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to return the mobile bought online

Options
  • 13-12-2017 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi,
    I bought a mobile from motorola uk site through parcel motel and found that there is defect with the phone (screen burnin), I want to return it (its with in 14 days of cooling period), I think I can send it back to motorola through parcel motel but not sure this is the correct way to do, any suggestions? , thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Distance selling rights for return are probably the easiest option here (the phone being faulty is irrelevant really) - I would just return to Motorola via whichever shipping method is cheapest for a full refund if you want a quick resolution and are OK with the few quid that costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Hi,
    Motorola support saying that they can't issue a label to return the mobile to freight forwarder address (as I am using parcel motel) and they asked me to provide UK address. I presume  addresspal will also will be the same ....is there a way to get around this ?

• Administrators Posts: 53,847 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

kpn wrote: »
    Hi,
    Motorola support saying that they can't issue a label to return the mobile to freight forwarder address (as I am using parcel motel) and they asked me to provide UK address. I presume  addresspal will also will be the same ....is there a way to get around this ?

Ask them for the address to send it to and sort out the shipping yourself. Shouldn't be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

awec wrote: »
    Ask them for the address to send it to and sort out the shipping yourself. Shouldn't be expensive.

Apart from the fact that you can't ship a battery out of Ireland. The OP will need to use a courier and it'll cost, one of the downsides of using freight forwarding companies for items not delivered to Ireland containing batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kpn

Thanks for the info.
    I kind of sorted out by getting assistance from my friend in UK to fwd the mobile to DHL , I will send it to him by parcel motel... are you sure is there a restriction to send a mobile (with battery) to UK? I don't see any info. in parcel motel site about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

kpn wrote: »
    Thanks for the info.
    I kind of sorted out by getting assistance from my friend in UK to fwd the mobile to DHL , I will send it to him by parcel motel... are you sure is there a restriction to send a mobile (with battery) to UK? I don't see any info. in parcel motel site about it.

A battery cannot be shipped on passenger planes and there are special packaging requirements for freighters.

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Pages/lithium-batteries.aspx

The insurance from PM won't cover the cost of the phone unless you increase it. They use the boat so batteries are not as big an issue.

Advertisement