Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Boiler

Options
  • 13-12-2017 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭

Oil boiler gone. Rads all cold. Plenty of oil. Went and bled it and not firing up at all. Anyone recommend anyone that looks at these. In the Sallins area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,890 ✭✭✭✭L1011

John Martin would probably do Sallins, found him decent

http://www.rgii.ie/home/martin-heating-services.4397.html

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

To Alcohol wrote: »
    Oil boiler gone. Rads all cold. Plenty of oil. Went and bled it and not firing up at all. Anyone recommend anyone that looks at these. In the Sallins area.

Same happened here, turned out to be the photocell....
    €20 to buy or get someone in and it's done (although at a hefty premium).....but then it could be something else and it's €20 wasted....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

bduffy wrote: »
    Same happened here, turned out to be the photocell....
    €20 to buy or get someone in and it's done (although at a hefty premium).....but then it could be something else and it's €20 wasted....

Best not to tinker with a boiler if you're not certfied...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

To Alcohol wrote: »

Must be something in the air - same haapend mine yesterday. I'm guessing photocell from checking online.

I'll be getting service done at same time to make it worth calling out someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭bduffy

GavMan wrote: »
    Best not to tinker with a boiler if you're not certfied...

True, hence the hefty premium.....without a receipt mind you!
    But you just pull out the photocell and replace it in a minute. It's almost plug and play on mine - but I didn't have one....hence the call out....
    I cleaned off the injectors, hovered out the furnace but would stop short of messing with electrics.
    Last time (in a previous house) I just bought a new burner (Then €100 but now anywhere from €200 - €350 depending on the model and supplier) and plumbed/wired it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement