Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Arena some advice

Options
  • 14-12-2017 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi hope this is right section, need some advice:

Going to see Mrs Browns Boys this Saturday, doors open 1, show at 2. Only trains we can get will get us to Hueston at 10 or 1:10. Rather get the later one but would we be under huge pressure to get there on time. We would get taxi straight off train and hope to be there for 1:30 or is that taking a chance. The earlier train would have us waiting around way to long especially as my son has autism and would be tough going, any advice welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

The luas from outside the front door of Hueston will get you to the three arena in about 20 minutes or less. A few Luas trams terminate at Connolly station but according to the luas website, there is one approx every 6 minutes.

As long as your son is ok being on a Luas - very much like a train, you should be fine. Or if you are stuck, there is a huge taxi rank at the side of the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

The way the north quays are at the moment you would be quicker getting the luas to 3 rather than a taxi, it should have you there in 20/25 mins. Its a little rushed but you'll be fine. Luas will be absolutely packed though so hopefully that wont be a problem. It would be very rushed getting a taxi the traffic has been really bad lately for a number of reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Don Kiddick

Saturday, lunchtime, it could be dodgy.. on a good day with traffic going your way it will take at least 25 mins... Christmas traffic etc. . hop straight into a taxi and you should do it, but you won't have much to spare...if the train is delayed you could be putting yourself under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Thanks for prompt and helpful replies, use train regularly and never had a delay, but first time for everything! it's whether to get the luas or could I book a taxi to be outside for us?? Also don't know if it makes a difference but we are in flat seating at 3 Arena and only 3 of us to go in, even if we got there 1:40 would we be ok. My son would be ok with crowds once I'm with him but hates waiting around, really on two minds?? Thanks again for the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I have seen a taxi queue about half a mile long there. I would not bother booking one. If it was me, and my train was on time, I would just jump a luas.

Enjoy the show whatever you do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Get the Luas, there's no reason at all to get a taxi. There Luas goes door to door.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭subpar

If you decide to take the early train , you could spend the Waiting time in the Gibson Hotel right next door to the 3 Arena. It has very pleasant , comfortable and nice facilities and welcoming atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭brown*eyed*girl

Thanks to all for great advice, we chanced the later train, and got the Luas, everything went great, show was brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You could walk there and still arrive before two. Luas is the only option in this scenario

Advertisement