Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment

• 14-12-2017 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm in my second year of a BA (Hons) Psychology degree with a minor in law and I'd like to join AGS when I'm finished college (I graduate in 2019). I did Irish, English and an EU language in LC. I was born in Ireland, I've got an Irish passport, but I did live in Belgium for a couple of years as a child. No criminal record. I think I meet the minimum requirements, and I can't gauge how I'd fair in the recruitment process but I'm hoping for the best. I think the vetting might take a while for me since my father is Dutch and I lived abroad for a couple of years. I'm trying not to make too many assumptions and just focus on my degree, however I'm someone who likes to plan ahead so it's hard sometimes!

Would anyone that has gone/is going through the process let me know their experiences so far, along with general advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CAJJ

54916 wrote: »
    I'm in my second year of a BA (Hons) Psychology degree with a minor in law and I'd like to join AGS when I'm finished college (I graduate in 2019). I did Irish, English and an EU language in LC. I was born in Ireland, I've got an Irish passport, but I did live in Belgium for a couple of years as a child. No criminal record. I think I meet the minimum requirements, and I can't gauge how I'd fair in the recruitment process but I'm hoping for the best. I think the vetting might take a while for me since my father is Dutch and I lived abroad for a couple of years. I'm trying not to make too many assumptions and just focus on my degree, however I'm someone who likes to plan ahead so it's hard sometimes!

Would anyone that has gone/is going through the process let me know their experiences so far, along with general advice?

Nothing above you said will stop you. Yes there might be delays in the vetting but nothing worth not committing to it.

Plenty of people born abroad (including myself) and have been successful.

Patience during the recruitment process and as an active Garda is vital. Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Deedee27

Hi just to ask all people that are going to the induction on the 20th for the physical in the email it asked to bring photo I'd and invitation is the email the invitation or will we be sent one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 pedrigo

Hi,

I'm hoping to apply to join An Garda Síochana in the next recruitment drive but just have a few questions surrounding payscale and allowances. On attestation I will be elligible for a basic salary of €28,405 plus whatever O.T. and unsociable hours allowances. It says that as I have a 3rd level degree after 2 years I can apply for an additional 2/3 increments.

So my first question is, in addition to the basic salary, on average how much is O.T. and unsociable hours worth per year? (Roughly)

Secondly, does a 3rd level degree qualify you for 2 or 3 increments?

And finally, will you always be 2/3 increments ahead of somone who does not have a 3rd level degree or is this a once off payment?

Any info/ advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭daniel1390

hi, I am doing leaving cert this year. is it possible for me to apply although I have not received leaving cert results yet. Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CheekJones

daniel1390 wrote: »
    hi, I am doing leaving cert this year. is it possible for me to apply although I have not received leaving cert results yet. Thanks in advance

You have to provide your leaving cert results by the time of the interview, which is going to be a few months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement