Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N40 Roadworks

Options
  • 14-12-2017 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭

Any idea what's happening between the kinsale Rd roundabout and the Douglas exit? can't find anything about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I was guessing the other fday with herself that it was either improved drainage or making another lane that goes to Douglas from the South Link merge, at times trying get into one of the two lanes can be quiet dangerous.

I've no idea though but theyre doing similar work on the Togher slip exit heading towards the Kinsale Road roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I was guessing the other fday with herself that it was either improved drainage or making another lane that goes to Douglas from the South Link merge, at times trying get into one of the two lanes can be quiet dangerous.

I've no idea though but theyre doing similar work on the Togher slip exit heading towards the Kinsale Road roundabout.

The roundabout on the Douglas west exit is being removed in the near future.

These works could be both drainage and a new lane going directly into the adjoining housing estate,thus was part of the proposal from what I remember,thus avoiding traffic at the new junction which will be controlled by traffic lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Thanks, I was thinking it looked like a new lane being made. Iwonder will they have the sense to put in the early works for the new pedestrian bridge across to Grange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Looks like drainage to me, they had been working on the M8 for the past number of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Dbu

I kid you not, at about 6pm 2 days ago, a guy was thumbing in full dark clothing in the middle of the cones..hope he is still alive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

They were laying ducting, the part from the Magic Roundabout to the traffic counting unit before the West Douglas Exit is complete. They were working on the section from Pouladuff to the Magic Roundabout over the last 2 days.

Advertisement