Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

credit card payment protection insurance - why am i paying for this?

Options
  • 14-12-2017 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Apologies if this has been asked before...feel free to point me to the appropriate thread.

can someone explain Payment Protect Insurance to me? Each month I am charged for this on my credit card and I have no idea what it is actually for. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

oal22 wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been asked before...feel free to point me to the appropriate thread.

can someone explain Payment Protect Insurance to me? Each month I am charged for this on my credit card and I have no idea what it is actually for. 

Hi oal22,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

This is an additional insurance benefit on your Credit Card and it covers you if you are unable to make payments to your Credit Card account in the case of illness or death. We don't offer this to new customers anymore, however if you applied for it when it was available it would still be on your card and you would be charged the relevant fee.

If you wish to cancel this, please get in touch with our Credit Cards team on 365 Online (if you have added your Credit Card for viewing the balance). Just select the Service Desk then Ask a Question to send in your request to cancel it. Alternatively you can call them on 1890 251 251 and they'll be happy to help you.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah 

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oal22

Hi oal22,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

This is an additional insurance benefit on your Credit Card and it covers you if you are unable to make payments to your Credit Card account in the case of illness or death. We don't offer this to new customers anymore, however if you applied for it when it was available it would still be on your card and you would be charged the relevant fee.

If you wish to cancel this, please get in touch with our Credit Cards team on 365 Online (if you have added your Credit Card for viewing the balance). Just select the Service Desk then Ask a Question to send in your request to cancel it. Alternatively you can call them on 1890 251 251 and they'll be happy to help you.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah 
    hi sarah,

Thanks for the reply. I dont recall applying for this at all. Where/how could I find out when I was supposed to have applied for it?

Kind regards,
    Orla 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

hi sarah,

Thanks for the reply. I dont recall applying for this at all. Where/how could I find out when I was supposed to have applied for it?

Kind regards,
    Orla 

Hi Orla,

Please contact our Credit Card team as I've outlined above as they will be able to check this for you.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oal22

hi sarah,

Kind regards,
    Orla 

Hi Orla,

Please contact our Credit Card team as I've outlined above as they will be able to check this for you.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    thank you

Advertisement