Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

War on Christmas?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Zebra3 wrote: »
    A lot of natives aren’t linked to the foreign cult of Christianity.

Plenty of Chrimbo trees in Dubai so relax there.

Anyway fck Christmas. It declared war on our native midwinter celebrations.

Revenge is a dish best served cold!! :pac:

Ancient Celts didn’t really have mid winter celebrations. The main celebrations were mid solstice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Are we in a time warp? 12 years ago: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2054861217/1/#post50519315

I don't really care if someone says Happy Holidays or Christmas or Saturnalia, I'll just take whatever good wishes are coming my way in the spirit of kindness they're intended.

I don't know why people have an issue with how it's worded when it's the intent that really matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Candie wrote: »

I don't know why people have an issue with how it's worded when it's the intent that really matters.

Some people just love a good moan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

happy holidays! I have my holiday tree up a week now, and we have been getting holiday cards steadily since the start of December

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

meeeeh wrote: »
    Since Cadbury are responsible for vast majority of most revolting chocolate available around Christmas (and Easter) their greetings are the least offensive part.

It isn't Cadbury's that's the problem. It's Mondelez

Some place in the States there's a sky scraper cubicle farm and you have people with whiteboards, excel sheets and powerpoint presentations carefully coming up with the optimum volume of chocolate per package as a profit maximising strategy in the hope that b1tch running it will give them a promotion so they can buy a new Cadillac next year.

Mondelondelez! Cadbury's is long dead, sold out and their former owners partying in the Bahamas till their funds or days run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I will never not say Merry Christmas, regardless of who I'm saying it to. If they get offended by my well wishes then I'll say "OK I take it back, have a terrible Christmas".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I will never not say Merry Christmas, regardless of who I'm saying it to. If they get offended by my well wishes then I'll say "OK I take it back, have a terrible Christmas".

King George! *bows*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

never_mind wrote: »
    Christ some people are so f'in sensitive.

There are numerous religious holidays around December, they are trying to get money out of as many people as possible. Cadbury's is an international brand... get over it.

The thing is no one actually gives a shíte about this kind of crap but civil liberty and other wacko groups decide that people don't like it or are offended and make a fuss but in reality they don't actually represent anyone other than themselves. The media then drive these nonsense type stories claiming outrage etc etc when no one was actually outraged or gave a shíte about it.

• Advertisement

Reminder saved :pac:

IkniErY.jpg

I like to think that in 12 years time I'll get this reminder and think, "what the f*ck is this about?"

Advertisement