Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NANO (ex RaiBlocks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

It is hard to see how the coin moves significantly in the short term. We have been incredibly unlucky in terms of timing events recently.

That Korean exchange OKex has been a dead loss. They don't even seem to even know Nano exists. They trade the largest current daily volume of BTC and the current trade volume of Nano today from it is $56k, lol.

We don't really have any major events on the horizon from what I can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭SkySter

I was expecting a big pump when it hit binance but that coincided with the overall market crash. Bad timing. Still bullish on the tech but I feel we need something else in the way of news and there doesn't seem to be much. Does anyone have any that might give cause for optimism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

and the record for worst marketing team in the crypto Top 20 goes to......

They really are bad.

They really are bad.

I am not sure how much we can blame them. There was a coordinated effort for the re-branding and Binance launch which included Crypto youtubers, twitter hitters, website articles and a few other means all in the space of a week. It all looked like the perfect storm as we headed for the Binance launch but the market crashing just killed all the momentum. I am sure they will make another push to move things along when the market settles down. At the bottom of the crash this sat at 110k sats. It is now only sitting at 130k sats. Where is our recovery joe? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Calm down kids and stop checking the charts every 45 seconds. Some people are far too impatient to make money in this game.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

They really are bad.

But harsh.

It's not even top 20 :pac:

The guy who owns BitGrail posted something cryptic about making some kind of statement soon. All kind of rumors flying around that the exchange is insolvent or he has been stealing XRB and dumping them on Binance or exchange was hacked. Take your pick really.

The exchange isn't currently processing deposits or withdrawals of any coins.

The never ending saga continues . . .

The guy who owns BitGrail posted something cryptic about making some kind of statement soon. All kind of rumors flying around that the exchange is insolvent or he has been stealing XRB and dumping them on Binance or exchange was hacked. Take your pick really.

I called it weeks ago.

Something just doesn't add up with this coin/project.

Call it intuition but I've always had an uneasy feeling - just can't put my finger on it and so hoping I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

When Bitfinex collapses the scutter will really hit the fan....

• Advertisement

I called it weeks ago.

Something just doesn't add up with this coin/project.

Call it intuition but I've always had an uneasy feeling - just can't put my finger on it and so hoping I'm wrong.

The coin/project has nothing to do with the exchange and they have completely distanced themselves from BitGrail a few weeks ago. They have supposedly put huge pressure on him in the background to sort issues out but they can't really do much more to help. It is like blaming Bitcoin for the Mt. Gox disaster.

The concerning thing is what he has been up to with the supply of XRB from the exchange.

The coin/project has nothing to do with the exchange and they have completely distanced themselves from BitGrail a few weeks ago. They have supposedly put huge pressure on him in the background to sort issues out but they can't really do much more to help. It is like blaming Bitcoin for the Mt. Gox disaster.

The concerning thing is what he has been up to with the supply of XRB from the exchange.

I hear ya and I should have made my post clearer.

Something just doesn't sit right with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Darn, have a few Nano on it.

Benzino wrote: »
    Darn, have a few Nano on it.

Just to stress they are all just rumors at this point.

Just to stress they are all just rumors at this point.

Yeah I know, and the amount I have is nothing worth stressing about either.

I actually set a stop loss just in case the news was very bad and it hit a few minutes ago. Someone is selling.

• Advertisement

Oh crap it was hacked.

https://bitgrail.com/news

Oh crap it was hacked.

https://bitgrail.com/news

Hope none of you are effected :(

Hacked me hole.

On this evenings price thats $170,000,000 worth of NANO stolen. Fùck me.

What you guys gonna do?..sell now at any price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Important notice

Bitgrail S.r.l. Informs its users that internal checks revealed unauthorized transactions which led to a 17 million Nano shortfall, an amount forming part of the wallet managed by Bitgrail S.r.l.

Today a charge about those fraudulent activities has been submitted to the competent authorities and now is under police investigation.

We inform you that the other currencies have not been involved.

In order to conduct further verifications, all the activities will be temporarily suspended (including withdrawals and deposits). This procedure is indispensable for users security.

We do offer our full and sincerest apologies to our customers and to whom has been involved into the illegal transfers of Nano occurred on our platform.

Other announcements will be released shortly.

If you honestly believe it was hacked, I have a new coin I'd like you to invest in called MagicBeanCoin.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Getting hammered - I sold at a loss anyway

• Advertisement

Its is a huge amount. It is 10% of the entire circulating supply.

Its is a huge amount. It is 10% of the entire circulating supply.

It's more than that...total circulating supply;133,248,290

17,000,000 of those are now stolen

Damn, annoying, but honestly not surprised, the site seemed dodgy as hell. I was just waiting for it to cone on to binance, hope the fecker gets caught.

Mine are sitting in my RaiWallet and I really don't know what to do..they're already down a fair whack since last week, so might just sit it out and see.

The Nano Dev's response:

On February 8th, 2018, the Nano Core team was informed by Francesco “The Bomber” Firano — owner and operator of the BitGrail exchange — of a loss from the BitGrail wallet. Our team promptly contacted law enforcement and we are fully cooperating with law enforcement on this matter.

From our own preliminary investigation, no double spending was detected on the ledger and we have no reason to believe the loss was due to an issue in the Nano protocol. The problems appear to be related to BitGrail’s software.

We had no knowledge of BitGrail’s insolvency prior to February 8th.

In our conversation yesterday (which you can find attached.. adding back shortly), Firano informed us of missing funds from BitGrail’s wallet. An option suggested by Firano was to modify the ledger in order to cover his losses — which is not possible, nor is it a direction we would ever pursue.

BitGrail is an independent business and Nano is not responsible for the way Firano or BitGrail conduct their business. We have no visibility into the BitGrail organization, nor do we have control over how they operate.

We now have sufficient reason to believe that Firano has been misleading the Nano Core Team and the community regarding the solvency of the BitGrail exchange for a significant period of time.

We will not be responding to individual posts or accusations by Firano regarding this situation. We are preparing all information we have on the matter such as blockchain entries, screenshots, and chat logs and presenting them to law enforcement.

Please refer to our Twitter account @nanocurrency for future links to official statements.

Thank you,
    The Nano Core Team

They were gone about a week lads. Coins magiced out of thin air, then used to buy tether, who then went and launched another heap of their coins (backed by real moola of course :0 ), which was then used to buy bitcoin and ether. Send the price of them both up with 'free money', and keep the market going with wash trades and margin calls. Bitfinex next. There fúck all money in bank accounts to convert any of this back into real cash, and the smart buckos in China have got out, so i'd recommend you get the hell out if you can. Even a thicko like me can see what is goin' on.

It's more than that...total circulating supply;133,248,290

17,000,000 of those are now stolen

It might not be that bad. It seems it might be $17 million worth so around 1.3m Nano.

60 BTC sell wall just went up on Binance.

It might not be that bad. It seems it might be $17 million worth so around 300k Nano.

I hope but I doubt it

Their statement specifically says 17 million NANO shortfall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

fook it, I had 144 Nano left on that exchange. Pure stupidity I should of withdrawn them.

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    fook it, I had 144 Nano left on that exchange. Pure stupidity I should of withdrawn them.

Ahh FFS Shauny I hope they're still there, or is it 100% clean out of everyone's

• Advertisement

Ahh FFS Shauny I hope they're still there, or is it 100% clean out of everyone's

No way of knowing, you can't view your wallets on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Worst case is Bitgrail is gone bust, so all wallets of every coin are gone too.
    I was never a fan of the site, but it was all we had to get Nano till last week. This is bad news for the Nano project too, I have already offloaded the rest of my Nano on Binance

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Worst case is Bitgrail is gone bust, so all wallets of every coin are gone too.
    I was never a fan of the site, but it was all we had to get Nano till last week. This is bad news for the Nano project too, I have already offloaded the rest of my Nano on Binance

It was available on Kucoin long before Binance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Feck feck feck Well I didn't have that much on bitgrail but feck that anyway. More piss they took my passport details knowing they were fecked

The chat between Colin and the Italian is interesting reading.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3g38y67luolfvqs/Colin_ZS_Bitgrail_chat_log.pdf?dl=0

Can't say either of them fill me with confidence :pac:

Binance gone as well lads.

Binance gone as well lads.

No, it's not. See the separate thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Nano will be fine.
    Anything that was stolen is already in circulation.

The % drop was just a reaction to the news. It will recover soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Price starting to drop on Binance.

• Advertisement

Nano will be fine.
    Anything that was stolen is already in circulation.

The % drop was just a reaction to the news. It will recover soon.

Even if the protocol is perfect, there's no guarantee it'll be fine at all. A whole lot of people could freak the **** out of it at the sight of the word "hack". Even if it's the greatest piece of software in history is worth sweet FA if people don't believe in it.

An investor who lost 147k nano to Bitgrail does an AMA on Reddit...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7whndj/i_lost_147k_nano_14_m_and_falling_in_the_bitgrail/

Ffffffúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Guys, for anyone who lost coins in bitGrail, truly sorry for your loss today.

This can’t be good news for anyone. Small or large funds, a loss can easily take its toll.

If anyone is feeling really ****, down over this, or wants to just blow off steam over what’s happened today, I’d be happy to buy you a beer.

Yeah sorry to anyone who lost money. It is heat breaking reading through some of the posts from people on reddit.

At the end of the day anyone who owned this suffered losses as clearly the price has been suppressed for months by the dumping all of this XRB.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭cpg093

I have/had some nano on bitgrail. Is there any point in uploading documents to get verified? Has anyone here been verified on that site?

• Advertisement

cpg093 wrote: »
    I have/had some nano on bitgrail. Is there any point in uploading documents to get verified? Has anyone here been verified on that site?

Lots of us verified, albeit some time ago.

If they fix the site and reopen it, I certainly think it's worthwhile trying to get verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

What sort of investor would leave 147k of Nano on BitGrail?

lordlame wrote: »
    What sort of investor would leave 147k of Nano on BitGrail?

Someone who was day trading?

Lots of us verified, albeit some time ago.

If they fix the site and reopen it, I certainly think it's worthwhile trying to get verified.

You would have to be insane to be handing over your identification to that Bomber lad.

Clearly he was probably involved but at the very least is highly untrustworthy as demonstrated by his conversation with the devs.

On bomber if some random-er on the internet could see this problem 10 days ago then a less than 1% chance it wouldn't have been noticed by the site before yesterday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement