Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NANO (ex RaiBlocks)

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

The code is opensource so no agreements need to be made with anyone to start a new project with the codebase. This is a decent explanation on options in that regard. This doesn't look like a network fork.

I can't confirm this account is legit but it was made on reddit a year ago and has the same handle as the twitter account that is replying with details on twitter so a high likelyhood it is.

You can take some really big positives or some really big negatives depending on how you look at the situation but we will just have to wait and see. The devs have said in discord that they were not aware of this project before now.

Thanks man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Thanks man

To be honest I wish I understood the situation a bit better myself. I've no idea if this is a dip to be pilling into or not. The whole thing is a little strange after Tan tweeting a while back to go long and then visiting the offices to promote the Android app. It doesn't feel like he would be looking to hurt Nano although just as easily he is all sold out after fomo'ing the price. He could have cleared this all up with a follow up tweet so maybe he was happy to have the price dump a little.

Huge sell walls just went up on Binance which is usually an indication to buy as they are trying to scare sellers to sell down to them lower but with BTC doing so well I don't have enough confidence to fire more funds into Nano.

Bomber posted some video interview online. I don't know the contents as its in italian :mad:

Nano pumping like crazy out of nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

He has been a web developer since 10y. Then he got involved in btc and crypto. He started to code some scripts for btc. Then he got into xrb. At that time there weren’t exchanges. He open bitgrail to let people trade xrb. Then also mercatox opened, but bitgrail was the first for volume. There were two increases of the price, in the summer and then in nov/dec. xrb went to 30$. Market cap on bitgrail started to be bigger than expected. Then other two big exchanges started to let trading of Nano, Kucoin and Binance. Due their bigger volume and name, people started to withdraw nano from bitgrail and to move them to the other two exchanges. Due to these continuous withdrawals, bitgrail was forced to move nano from their cold wallet to the hot wallet more often, until it was necessary every day. As soon as it become very frequent, he understood that with that speed, in few days also the cold wallet would hit the bottom. So he checked the balance and he found it was not not consistent and he found 17M missing. The day after he went to the cybercrime unit. The relationship with the nano team has been very good until the steal of the nano. Also because he was the first and the bigger xrb exchange. Then at the time of the incident, he found that the software had a bug and he cannot find the right date/time for any operation. He found that the non authorized operations were possible because there were some “crashes” of the software/wallet developed (and given to him) by the nano team. He told that to the team the same night he found the problem and also he said he had to go to the police. He also added a possible solution through the suggested fork. They denied. It was a first idea to solve the problem. The day after he reported to the police and the team attacked him, charging him to be a scammer. This cause that everyone on the net took the part of the team and started to accuse me. Also the media accused me because of the nano team campaign against me. He did not accuse anybody. This has been the origin of the threatens to him and his family and his team. It is impossible to refund such amount in the short term. Bitgrail is a young exchange and just in the last 1month and 1 half it had good volumes. His opinion is that It is not feasible to refund 20M$. And it is also not correct under a strictly legal standpoint. They are not obliged to refund. Told that, they will try to refund all the funds to the users, but with the right timing, putting aside the 50% of the future gains with the future fees. They will present a refund plan in the next future, in order to let users have their balance back on their wallets. They have the intention to reopen, to tokenize the debt, and monthly buy back the nano to give back to the users. They will propose the plan to the users, if accepted, the user must dismiss or renounce to any legal action.

Translation of the youtube interview picked up from reddit.

• Advertisement

Anyone tempted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Anyone tempted?
    Gotta ask the question first do you think Bitcoin will drop further. If you think it will so too will Nano (Probably)

seannash wrote: »
    Gotta ask the question first do you think Bitcoin will drop further. If you think it will so too will Nano (Probably)

...and there lies the magic question

I wish I knew mate, I wish I knew

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Anyone tempted?

I might get back in tomorrow. My thinking is Nano's fundamentals (granted its not delivered a finished product yet) position it well in this climate... one of the [legit] reasons BTC taking a hit is its absurd electricity usage leading to ban on Mining in China (and levy in Canada, where all the miners were relocating to) then a currency that effectively has no mining requirement (plus all its other good stuff) is the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Roadmap looks great!

A software implementation for POS (infrastructure already in place in over 100m+ vendors)
    Smart Cards, so a debit card equivalent
    A drive for Fiat On-Ramp

https://developers.nano.org/roadmap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

No time frame just reads as a wishlist

rapul wrote: »
    No time frame just reads as a wishlist

Nonsense comment, Seen the same on Reddit, how does a wishlist already have some alpha testing happening on some projects?

Considering the state of the forum lately hardly a nonsense comment. And I stand by it reads more of a wishlist to me, alpha testing on some projects all well and good but just words.

Considering the state of the forum lately hardly a nonsense comment. And I stand by it reads more of a wishlist to me, alpha testing on some projects all well and good but just words.

You think the testing might be lies?

No your words not mine. I'll take all these announcements with a pinch of salt is all,I take it ive offended your baby ?

No your words not mine. I'll take all these announcements with a pinch of salt is all,I take it ive offended your baby ?

Jesus No, not emotionally invested here, justbdont understand how you can alpha testing projects that are on a "wishlist"

I appreciate everything is on the slide (again) but NANO seems to be taking a bigger hit - have i missed something?

I've looked for related FUD but cant seem to see anything.

I appreciate everything is on the slide (again) but NANO seems to be taking a bigger hit - have i missed something?

I've looked for related FUD but cant seem to see anything.

Always the same around a big event for any crypto. The price rises in the lead up and then dumps right before/at the actual event which is the roadmap in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

Dropping like flies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I think we have become victims of a boom bust . Thank goodness its not a house purchase this time..

• Advertisement

$4.75 lads and lassies

whats yis think?

very tempting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

$4.75 lads and lassies

whats yis think?

very tempting
    I think "Crypto as a form of currency" is a very competitive market. Whilst Nano has the technological edge over most will it win out in the end?
    Hard to know.
    If theres another bull run it'll get pulled up along with the rest but personally when I get back into Crypto I'll be looking at to avoid the fiat replacing tokens for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

seannash wrote: »
    I think "Crypto as a form of currency" is a very competitive market. Whilst Nano has the technological edge over most will it win out in the end?
    Hard to know.
    If theres another bull run it'll get pulled up along with the rest but personally when I get back into Crypto I'll be looking at to avoid the fiat replacing tokens for a while.

Protocols & infrastructure tokens are your best bet (imo at least)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

$4.75 lads and lassies

whats yis think?

very tempting

Pretty much double this as of today.

Hope you gave in to temptation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Binance are doing a NANO competition whereby they award the top NANO traders with lots more NANO's, so the trading volume has increased since they announced it, and will prob keep goin up until Wednesday.

I picked up a couple of hundred euros worth this morning, which I'm gonna sell on Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

all my NANO are missing from bitgrail. And site is frozen

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

all my NANO are missing from bitgrail. And site is frozen

You should have 20% of them, and the remaining 80% in Bitgrail token
    Unless there's a new issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Re-opened the site yesterday and got shut down pretty quick, cease order from Italian court.

https://bitgrail.com/news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Binance are doing a NANO competition whereby they award the top NANO traders with lots more NANO's, so the trading volume has increased since they announced it, and will prob keep goin up until Wednesday.

I picked up a couple of hundred euros worth this morning, which I'm gonna sell on Monday or Tuesday.

The competition doesn't actually start until tomorrow, runs from 4th - 11th May, so obviously the volumes only count from then.

That said, it should be very good for a bit of uplift today, in anticipation of demand for it from midnight for those entering the competition.

Thanks,

G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ah ye, thats what I mean. I've nowhere near enough funds to be competing against those top traders.
    I meant I bought some today to ride the uplift until next week and make a few euro off it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I hope the uplift near doubles its price as this is one of the big bags in still holding!

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Doodee wrote: »
    I hope the uplift near doubles its price as this is one of the big bags in still holding!

Fingers crossed! Been holding NANO for wayyy too long to be comfortable with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

These type of competitions rarely raise the price by much. It just involves the same people buying and selling over and over again to increase their trade volume. Nobody is buying and holding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Whelo79 wrote: »
    These type of competitions rarely raise the price by much. It just involves the same people buying and selling over and over again to increase their trade volume. Nobody is buying and holding.

Was just a sprinkling of sarcasm in my post. Nano is one of the coins that always upsets me when I look at my folio. With all that's happened around it I don't think it's price will move that much for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

I doubt we will see Nano double anytime soon.

But Binance have stated that anyone found “washing” Nano won’t be included.
    So buying selling buying selling again and again with the same amount won’t count,

The price will probably go 15-20% upwards, and down a lot towards the end of the few days.

Bought some more a few hours ago,
    Set a sell order for 15% increase.

Would be very happy if it hits over the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Not too much action on the nano competition on binance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭garrettod

Whelo79 wrote: »

Agreed.

Prices tend to rise the moment the competition is first announced, with people taking a position in the expectation of being able to sell to the actual competitors at a profit, once the actual competition starts.

Thanks,

G.

I hope no one here was holding on. This has to be one of the biggest overall losers. It is tempting at the current price :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I bought some of them at the end of December. It and a few other coins from Kucoin were my worst decisions!

I bought some of them at the end of December. It and a few other coins from Kucoin were my worst decisions!

Biggest gainer today

• Advertisement

Biggest gainer today

lol yeah, from a low of about $0.80 (from about $3 just 1 month ago) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yup Nano is one of the biggest losers, it hit $34 and has hovered around $1 - progress seems ok, team seems to be hardworking

I'll be honest I haven't looked into Nano too deeply, what's the use case? what niche do they fill? (obviously not as a currency they are too volatile and have no stability mechanisms)

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Yup Nano is one of the biggest losers, it hit $34 and has hovered around $1 - progress seems ok, team seems to be hardworking

I'll be honest I haven't looked into Nano too deeply, what's the use case? what niche do they fill? (obviously not as a currency they are too volatile and have no stability mechanisms)
    Nano appears to making a small come back from a low of 80cent to $2.40

Tango One wrote: »

200% in a week

Tango One wrote: »

yup, anyone who put a decent amount into certain cryptos at the beginning of last week could have made a quick 2 or 3x in some cases.

No sign of this slowing up. I bought a small few nano a couple of days ago. Nice to have something in the green for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Nano has very little liquidity. Be careful and don't be afraid to cash out some profit. ;)

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    Nano has very little liquidity. Be careful and don't be afraid to cash out some profit. ;)

It's by far the most liquid market on Binance right now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

I could be wrong but it is most likely being manipulated, theirs very little liquidity on other markets, it looks like a P&D.

Dropping again, I took a small bit of profit and sold this morning

• Advertisement
Advertisement