Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NANO (ex RaiBlocks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Jasus I get that....Smart arse!! ;)

Should have asked what people's opinions are on the coin/backers as a whole.

Nothing smart arse about it. It's your money, your investment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Nothing smart arse about it. It's your money, your investment.

Keep it up and I'll start posting € signs instead of $ signs again just to piss you off!

:)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's definitely still worth buying now imo. I just bought a chunk more yesterday. It's now my second biggest holding and will be biggest in a few days if it keeps going. This could be $100 in a few months if it gets in a few more exchanges and more notice online. Also when the new wallet comes out. I just checked the Binance poll and XRB is now ahead. If it stays that way and it gets on Binance soon it will moon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Zascar wrote: »
    Fingers crossed - everyone vote. I dont have any BNB but might buy some for this.

P.S. Matt - nice car, I almost bought a 335d a while back. If you still have it in a few months I'll definitely buy and pay in RXB!

I might have some BNB, PM me you BNB address!
    I have no probs taking crypto for payment! Maybe we should have a crypto sales thread?

Incidentally I got into Raiblocks as I paid for my new car with BTC. Faster than the bank but still slow and expensive vs Raiblocks which is in on another level!

Just bought at 12.4/LTC having got greedy when it was falling yesterday and missing the chance to buy at 22/LTC. Have an order in for another small amount at 15 to console me somewhat.

Now, to the moon!

What exchanges are you's using/recommend?

BitGrail is giving me an unexplained invalid email address error at registration

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's only on bitgrail and 2 others I barely know, mercatox and bitflip, which is why you need to get in before it gets on more exchanges. Maybe try a different email?

It's rallying now so think I've missed the boat (this time) so will hold off and hopefully get in on the down in the near future.

Thanks for the heads up btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

What have been peoples experiences of the exchanges that XRB is on at the moment? I'm already on GDAX and Binance so very reluctant to go through the hassle of getting set up with another exchange.

At the same time, would like to jump on XRB before it hits one of the "big" exchanges.

• Advertisement

I registered and got approved in no time at all on bitgrail yesterday. No problem transferring over my LTC for the purchase. Can't complain at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

What have been peoples experiences of the exchanges that XRB is on at the moment? I'm already on GDAX and Binance so very reluctant to go through the hassle of getting set up with another exchange.

At the same time, would like to jump on XRB before it hits one of the "big" exchanges.

Got set up on Bitgrail and trading in no time at all really, but I've had small issues with getting verified and keep getting errors uploading documents, doesn't really cause me issues anyway for the relatively small amounts I'm trading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Mercatox is a bit of a joke. A huge amount of their wallets are 'under maintenance', meaning you can't withdraw. Also the majority of the volume is on Bitgrail.

Bitgrail would be my choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sold my small stack, didn't have much. Think the mother of all dumps will happen when it trades on Binance, might not but 7000% in a month and holding it's value is rare in crypto. Selling their own coin on their own exchange is just asking for price manipulation, this is only my opinion though so don't buy and sell because of it.

Taking a while now for a buy order to go through with LTC on Bitgrail, that's the trouble when there's not many wanting to sell I suppose

Has your price been matched? I bought recently at the market ask price and it went through immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Taking a while now for a buy order to go through with LTC on Bitgrail, that's the trouble when there's not many wanting to sell I suppose

It's just the volume of your trading pair. Might be better to trade the LTC to BTC and buy that way.

Went through just there in the end, took nearly a half hour

Good sign in a sense I suppose that not many want to sell, and it being LTC instead of BTC probably did cause some delay too

What price you pay?

$19.80, was just a small top up anyway from the LTC I had and wasn't doing jack so put it into XRB

It's winning that vote on Binance by a good bit now so hopefully it'll win that

Sorry, I meant in terms of LTC.

• Advertisement

0.1002 LTC was the price I paid per Raiblock I think

KilOit wrote: »
    Sold my small stack, didn't have much. Think the mother of all dumps will happen when it trades on Binance, might not but 7000% in a month and holding it's value is rare in crypto. Selling their own coin on their own exchange is just asking for price manipulation, this is only my opinion though so don't buy and sell because of it.

There are a handful of crypto that did the "ten bagger" , 10000x in a month. I was onboard with Antshares/Neo, not sure in your logic there, uncommon yes, but not unheard of. Let's not forget that right now Raiblocks appears vastly superior to it's peers. I question it's performance under load too but that's unanswerable right now

Incredible, now at $33. I still think it's early days and may buy more. This could be $100 soon and $300+ by end of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Zascar wrote: »
    Incredible, now at $33. I still think it's early days and may buy more. This could be $100 soon and $300+ by end of year month.

FYP :D

I ****ing bottled it at $16 and didn't buy my ticket for the rocket to the moon.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

Are you all using the price from Bitgrail? I'm only seeing XRB/BTC value on that. Have deposited BTC into my account there..holding off for a while before buying XRB

Baxtardo wrote: »
    Are you all using the price from Bitgrail? I'm only seeing XRB/BTC value on that. Have deposited BTC into my account there..holding off for a while before buying XRB

I can't remember if they show the USD price on Bitgrail but I follow everything on my phone on Blockfolio anyway, the relevant price comes from Bitgrail anyway it's handier to have that app on my phone than logging into Bitgrail all the time

Curious to know why you're holding off, waiting for a dip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Can't say I know anything about bitgrail, but surely once someone has used EtherDelta, they're prepared for anything? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Tango One

Every time I think it's too late to buy this coin it doubles.

Is there a minimum buy of this coin on bitgrail or did I pick that up wrong.

Cheers

I just got me first ever "xrb is below..." alert on blockfolio. Admittedly the alert was impossibly high and very close to the then price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭KilOit

Crazy gains, well done if you're still holding. Got weak hands with it and not buying it again till its on another exchange.
    Kinda strange that the volumn is under 100million in 24hours but the market cap increased by 1billion

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

I can't remember if they show the USD price on Bitgrail but I follow everything on my phone on Blockfolio anyway, the relevant price comes from Bitgrail anyway it's handier to have that app on my phone than logging into Bitgrail all the time

Curious to know why you're holding off, waiting for a dip?

Well because I don't know what I'm doing so I held off for a while to keep an eye on the chart. Have bought XRB now - might see a short term drop but happy enough to keep this long term. Very interesting tech.

Looks like some profit taking at last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Guys I sent 1 ETH to Bitgrail to buy XRB however it's still not showing up yet - here it is on the block:

https://etherscan.io/tx/0x6d32db5e9dee5a74773f627e8196d26684f82238cda5bb07116364eda4ae3f34

Anybody know what the issue might be and how to resolve? It's been over 12 hours now. So issues sending Litecoin it was there and fully confirmed in less than 5 minutes.

This message shows when going to deposit ETH again however I didn't see it lastnight (or it wasn't there) - hope there's a way around this! I have opened a support ticket with Bitgrail but no response yet.

Warning!

Avoid using deposits generated from smart contracts.
    At the moment BitGrail does not support transactions from smart contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

The value is zero though? (i'm only newish to this myself but thats how i read it)

Where were you sending the ETH from? Are you sure its still not there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

Daraa wrote: »
    The value is zero though? (i'm only newish to this myself but thats how i read it)

Where were you sending the ETH from? Are you sure its still not there?

Definitely 1 ETH see here: https://etherscan.io/address/0x65ab25b6cbbcdcc438843d1b6e8ae75ae1b8eb41

I've transferred tons of coins around many exchanges/wallets but one ETH once between bitstamp and coinbase with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

You're right! Sorry!

Might be a chance for some dip buying (for others) now, some bug in the code that needs to be fixed which is messing up transfers from the Bitgrail. Enough to dent the growth temporarily but expect it to resume once fixed and everyone calms down 10-90%.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

Minimum transaction of 10 XRB???

• Advertisement

JaCrispy wrote: »
    Minimum transaction of 10 XRB???

Yeah it's a balls isn't it, when I was transferring a very small holding in LTC over I ended up selling the XRB I already had into LTC to be able to make the purchase over 10 XRB, didn't cost me anything other than the 0.2% transaction fees which is nothing in the long term

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Interested in seeing what percentage of peoples portfolio is in XRB

I've gone balls deep to 100% :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Close enough with you on that. About 70% of my total holdings are now in Raiblocks.

It ballooned to over 60%.. Last time this happened I cut my profit by selling a lot of my Neo at $7 (I was in the ICO). That let me get to this point but also realistically was not better course of action in hindsight. This time.. Ill ride it out. :pac:

I'm out of ETH completely for it at this stage. It's about a third of my portfolio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

You folks all buy in at the lower prices I take it?
    If it works at scale and gets on enough exchanges it could easily replace Eth/LTC as the coin of choice for transferring funds between exchanges.

It's about 10% of my portfolio now. Cashed out of XVG and NAV to put into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

70%, basically all my litecoin and iota

Dunno if bitgrail is struggling. Trying to get my final scrap of ETH across and it just won't process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

There is a bit of a ****storm going on there at the moment from what I can see.

I was about to make my first purchase but have been put off with what I read today.

S.M.B. wrote: »

I was about to make my first purchase but have been put off with what I read today.

Enlighten us please

Dunno if bitgrail is struggling. Trying to get my final scrap of ETH across and it just won't process.

They are. There is a memory corruption bug the Devs (or Raiblocks) are working on combined with some other issues combined with 125x increase in trade on a tiny exchange. Its super frustrating but the "cost" of the sudden attention.

This is what its all about tho:
    https://i.imgur.com/oRpO8lc.gifv

• Advertisement
Advertisement