Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NANO (ex RaiBlocks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sorry on mobile so don't have access to a link.

There appears to be issues due to the amount of transactions on their single node so they've disabled deposits and withdrawals.

The community seem to be a bit peeved with how they've handled things as they are laying the blame on the XRB team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

It went through in the end so happy enough and picked it up on a bit of a dip. Looking forward to Binance adoption in the near future

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Great to see this do so well, as it's a great project.

Another fast transaction coin (not fee-less like Raiblocks) is Xtrabytes, which is doing nicely. Raiblocks is way ahead in development, but XBY has similar growth potential, imo, of course and may well ride off the back of Raiblocks recent success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

What exchange can you buy XRB on?

Sorry if it's already listed on this thread. I have a bitstamp account with some cash, ETH and BTC in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Chrongen wrote: »
    What exchange can you buy XRB on?

Sorry if it's already listed on this thread. I have a bitstamp account with some cash, ETH and BTC in it.

Bitgrail.
    Takes 10 mins to setup max.

You can send over Eth or BTC and use that to buy XRB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

I can only see an option to buy with btc on bitgrail

You can buy with LTC and ETH, a few others too. If on the mobile website, all for the desktop in. I had the same problem. Can't seem to access any other market than BTC by default on the mobile website.

You can buy with LTC and ETH, a few others too. If on the mobile website, all for the desktop in. I had the same problem. Can't seem to access any other market than BTC by default on the mobile website.

Perfect thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

In the URL stem change BTC to LTC and it should work ok. Recall doing that last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

there appears to be a bug with scaling , anybody know more?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

oRpO8lc.gif

This is a summary of the current problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Steady drop in the last coup of hours.

Yup, definitely taking a dump. Good buying opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Can I send some coin from Binance to Bitgrail and use it to buy?

Yes, why wouldn't you be able to?

Can I send some coin from Binance to Bitgrail and use it to buy?

Depends on the coin, you can with btc or ltc

Wouldn't like to be a newbie round, some very unwelcoming posters.

looks like its tanking - down 49% - nuts

edit: 31% now, mabe not so dramatic!!y

Maybe try doing the slightest hint of research before spamming the forums.

• Advertisement

I'd say the drop has a lot to do with the BitGrail tweet.
    but without knowing if the problem is software or infrastructure related on the XRB side its hard to know what to think.

Maybe try doing the slightest hint of research before spamming the forums.

Are you thinking aloud or was that directed at me?

GreeBo wrote: »
    I'd say the drop has a lot to do with the BitGrail tweet.
    but without knowing if the problem is software or infrastructure related on the XRB side its hard to know what to think.

indeed, too risky to invest any more cash in now, it would be a pure gamble

edit: i see the tweet is from 23h ago. fud mongering is happening but it looks as if the issue it is not sorted so that is worrying

Guys report the posts and/or take it to PM.

Every day we are seeing the same bickering, there is even a new sticky about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Some recovery. I couldn't get money into BitGrail quick enough to take advantage of the dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

An unmerciful dump over the last hour. Hope people don't get burnt on this and the recovery is quick.

• Advertisement

JaCrispy wrote: »
    An unmerciful dump over the last hour. Hope people don't get burnt on this and the recovery is quick.

It has already recovered!

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

It has already recovered!

So it has!!! I really should move to livecoinwatch.com instead of coinmarketcap.com

Mental. Anyone who managed to get in near the bottom has nearly cleared 100% profit already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Nermal

GreeBo wrote: »
    oRpO8lc.gif

This is a summary of the current problem

Misleading twaddle!

https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/942960177036140544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Most are helpful. EagerBeaver should be ignored. He has a major issues with people asking what he considers to be stupid questions, that should be answered by a Google search!

• Advertisement

I do. Especially when the same question gets Alef every second day across multiple threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Most are helpful. EagerBeaver should be ignored. He has a major issues with people asking what he considers to be stupid questions, that should be answered by a Google search!

I do. Especially when the same question gets Alef every second day across multiple threads.

Yet a couple of days ago on this very thread...
    Can you buy it for ETH? I thought it could only be bought through BTC.

Just a tad hypocritical, no?... seeing as you too had a similar question to mine - yet you got snappy!?!? ..it took longer to type what you did 'vs' a simple Yes or NO

Look its not a big deal to me so we will leave it here.I also apologise for going off thread and I'm very thankful for the help I've had from posters on this forum these past 2 weeks with the steep learning curve that's faced by someone totally green in this type of thing.

Finally got my hands on a few hundred € worth of XRB so that is my portfolio complete for the next while and hopefully we're all here again soon raving about our great decisions and profits.

Onwards and Upwards guys.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Can we please get a sticky for newbies that covers the basic questions that get asked every day? I'll happily contribute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Nermal wrote: »

Take it up with the Devs. This exact topic has already been covered. The whole point of Raiblocks is speed as a currency, Etheriums is to make a platform. They don't compete, on any level, let alone Tx/s.

Yet a couple of days ago on this very thread....

The difference is I was on the bitgrail website actively trying to figure it out and, in doing so, managed to identify a problem that subsequently helped another user.

And as for me being snappy, I've answered plenty of your questions already since you joined.

I also don't ask questions such as "is it possible for me to move from A to B"

Anyway, I'm done. Did anyone manage to get themselves a nice bargain this afternoon? I've no store of anything left that I'm not HODLing and by the time I got to coinbase to try and buy LTC or ETH with a credit card it had already gone back up 50% and completed the recovery shortly after. Mental ride.

Wobbling again. At least I have money to take advantage this time. Now to pick a jump in point :)

Wobbling again. At least I have money to take advantage this time. Now to pick a jump in point :)

More than wobbling...

More than wobbling...

Well when you compare it to earlier it is still only a wobble :p

Got some at -30%. Lets hope the bleeding stops here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Zascar wrote: »
    Can we please get a sticky for newbies that covers the basic questions that get asked every day? I'll happily contribute

This

I don't know who the mods are here are but a FAQ and Beginner's Guide could do with being added and stickied to the forum, at least then if people are asking what some might deem "silly" questions they can be pointed to that instead of arguing over what should and shouldn't be asked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Seems like they rebranding to a new name "nano" at least if Reddit is to be believed.

Good imo with a name like that I'd guess they're going to divide the standard by 10³ making it ~$0.03 which would be a great move and make it much more appealing to newcomers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Definitely get in now if you have not already, its dipped and in a few days it will most likely be added to Binance. Here's what happened to the last two coins that got added to Binance:

jiu2dmpwrv701.png

Does anyone know how long it takes from when the vote is completed to when it gets added?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

Does anyone know how long it takes from when the vote is completed to when it gets added?

From what I gather it wont be as fast as we'd like as Rai is technically different to most coins out there a lot of which are forks/copies so more challenging to implement

Kucoin are taking their sweet time anyway

Don't bank on that vote being a winner. It is usually a coordinated effort towards the end of the voting cycle that manipulates the outcome.

Sure but XP is basically a ****coin, they can't ignore the #15 coin - it will get added

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Doodee wrote: »
    In the URL stem change BTC to LTC and it should work ok. Recall doing that last week.

That working for people, tried it now and it didn't work.
    Looks like I can only buy with BTC on the web version...

From what I gather it wont be as fast as we'd like as Rai is technically different to most coins out there a lot of which are forks/copies so more challenging to implement

Kucoin are taking their sweet time anyway

Cheers mate, have you got any additional info for why it won't be added as quick as other coins?
    I understand Kucoin are meant to be adding it and are slow, but is it a technical issue with Rai as opposed to an issue with Kucoin?

mik_da_man wrote: »
    That working for people, tried it now and it didn't work.
    Looks like I can only buy with BTC on the web version...

Request the desktop version of your browser. Works fine then.

Zascar wrote: »
    Sure but XP is basically a ****coin, they can't ignore the #15 coin - it will get added

XP are trying to buy the vote which might do it for them.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Request the desktop version of your browser. Works fine then.

Doing it on my PC and cant seem to get it working...

Advertisement