Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NANO (ex RaiBlocks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Took a gamble. Sold all my Raiblocks to BTC on Sat morning.
    With the drop in BTC and Rai, bought back in just now.
    Got a lovely gain from it.

Going to hodl my Raiblocks now in prep for Binance listing and hopefully make some good gains.

Still pretty much all in on Raiblocks... :pac:

Would you have made a bigger gain if you sold into usdt instead? Since you said btc dropped anyway.

Nano rebrand coming soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

If/when Lightening Network for BTC eventually gets rolled out then that totally undermines the fundamentals of Raiblocks, No?

also with Ethereum getting it's own version of Lightening with Raiden Network does that also further hobble the attractiveness of Raiblocks?

or am I not seeing the whole picture here?

I'm still holding but with the idea of selling at a x2 gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

If/when Lightening Network for BTC eventually gets rolled out then that totally undermines the fundamentals of Raiblocks, No?

also with Ethereum getting it's own version of Lightening with Raiden Network does that also further hobble the attractiveness of Raiblocks?

or am I not seeing the whole picture here?

I'm still holding but with the idea of selling at a x2 gain.
    I think zero fees has a part to play as well.

seannash wrote: »
    I think zero fees has a part to play as well.

Lightening will offer fee of 1% of .1c$

Raiblocks is up and running with a good product, Lightening is all talk for now.

Raiblocks is up and running with a good product, Lightening is all talk for now.

Not what im seeing...Will try and dig it up but seen a video this week of first paid transaction complete using the network.

Again could still be miles away and won't be realeased til the security is assured beyond any reasonable doubt, but Raiblocks is ahead of the game and needs to keep an eye on those behind along with many other coins offering such services I suppose.

I just have a feeling that when Lightening Network is released it will act as a filter and render lots of these services redundant, so it's all about timing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

RightBTC has the highest volume of RB trade in the last 24 hours. Seems pretty strange given that it had next to no volume of RB trade up until yesterday.

This is falling off a cliff. At least the price seemed to have stabilised and was just moving sideways wit BTC but today it has just gone below 120k sats wit little resistance. Worrying stuff. Some good news is needed quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

This is falling off a cliff. At least the price seemed to have stabilised and was just moving sideways wit BTC but today it has just gone below 120k sats wit little resistance. Worrying stuff. Some good news is needed quick.

Tanking. Any bad news driving it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

At 107k sats on Kucoin and no sign of slowing down. Could it go under $10? Great time to buy more if only I had spare cash!

Devs are giving daily updates and it sounded positive so not sure what's causing this..........

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Fakent.ie

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    At 107k sats on Kucoin and no sign of slowing down. Could it go under $10? Great time to buy more if only I had spare cash!

Devs are giving daily updates and it sounded positive so not sure what's causing this..........
    in the space of December it went from 0.20$ to 34$ i think this is fairly standard

Wombatman wrote: »
    Tanking. Any bad news driving it?

I haven't watched it but apparently Charles Hoskinson wasn't too complementary about RaiBlocks on a livestream show last night called boxmining. I don't even know if it is true or if it would cause a price tank but it is the only negative news I have seen mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Weiss report is the reason behind the drop.

lead balloon :mad:

daRobot wrote: »
    Weiss report is the reason behind the drop.
    It only came out a few minutes ago. We've been talking about it dropping a few hours previous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

It only came out a few minutes ago. We've been talking about it dropping a few hours previous

What was actual said in the report?

OldHouse wrote: »
    What was actual said in the report?
    I believe it got a C rating (Same as Bitcoin) but I have yet to see the full report.
    I believe Doge coin got a C rating also which should show us that this rating systems is ****e

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7sndpl/raiblocks_given_a_c_fair_rating_by_weiss_crypto/

I believe it got a C rating (Same as Bitcoin) but I have yet to see the full report.
    I believe Doge coin got a C rating also which should show us that this rating systems is ****e

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7sndpl/raiblocks_given_a_c_fair_rating_by_weiss_crypto/

BTC got a C+, ETH = B, XRB = C, DOGE = C, XLM = C, XRP = C, ADA = B-

mostly C's for the alts

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

eeek bought a ton at €16 the other day ...

Did any one buy any at the start of December?

lordlame wrote: »
    eeek bought a ton at €16 the other day ...

Did any one buy any at the start of December?
    Your lucky, I bought pretty much at the height :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Bought at $23. Went to $33 shortly after.
    Then a downward slide to pukesville.

Damn the optimism of the Raiblocks community.

$12 now, pretty stark drop

ah, bitgrail requires verification now for any withdrawals ( was .5 btc ) - wonder if this is the issue?

Bitgrail is one of the bigger exchanges for XRB

ah, bitgrail requires verification now for any withdrawals ( was .5 btc ) - wonder if this is the issue?

Bitgrail is one of the bigger exchanges for XRB
    Wouldn't think so, Its purchases that drive up prices

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

Same here. Bought at $23 but this coin is a ling term hold for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Radsky

Bought at $23 also but this coin is a long term hold for me.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Shocking to see this so low, but as someone on Reddit showed it could be like NEO - big pump for initial hype, big dump after but then will charge to massive new highs. Fingers crossed anyway. I got in at $9 so still up but miles down on what it was. I'm tempted to sell other holdings and double down in on this while its cheap. I do think it has a very bright future...

That rebrand and Binance listing cant come soon enough - but in a way id prefer if they waited until the market is on its way back up before they do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Fúck it. Bought more coins just now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

I got some today aswell.
    What price do people think this will go to say by the end of the year?
    I'm also trying to decide if its worth dumping my ripple and neo into it but not sure yet :pac:

tcawley29 wrote: »
    I got some today aswell.
    What price do people think this will go to say by the end of the year?
    I'm also trying to decide if its worth dumping my ripple and neo into it but not sure yet :pac:

I'd personally keep Neo, I'd dump XRP, but not at a loss

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Bought some more when it dropped today.

Still all in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Dumped a few things on Kucoin to buy a few more XRB. Wasn't really being as diligent as I should have been and used KuCoin's "quick sell" option to raise the ETH for the purchase. Don't do it! Got absolutely shafted on the price. I stupidly didn't verify it and chucked about 50 dollars in the bin!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I'd personally keep Neo, I'd dump XRP, but not at a loss

Traded my XRP for XRB last weekend, both of which have dropped significantly since (far more than my other coins), but I'm happier with XRB as a potential long term gain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Which wallets currently support XRB?

I'm between two minds on this one, on the one hand I feel that the people who made good on this were the ones who bought it when it was cents.

On the other hand, this could be like NEO when it was about $12 or 13.....

ZeroThreat wrote: »

If you're half right then its making $50

If you're half wrong then its making $50

*Yes i am mad

ZeroThreat wrote: »
    Which wallets currently support XRB?

I'm between two minds on this one, on the one hand I feel that the people who made good on this were the ones who bought it when it was cents.

www.raiwallet.com

They have new wallets coming out very soon. I think expected in the next week.

Nano support is also in progress but a while away.

Fúck it. Bought more coins just now.

Joined you and just bought more, I may need to borrow a few bottles off you if this doesn't turn around :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Looks like the rebrand will be going ahead - Colin LeMahieu (the lead developer) has filed the trademarks:

FBO5ZXZ.png

This thus leads a lot more credibility to this reddit post (https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7nv7bq/raiblocks_is_rebranding_to_nano_heres_proof/) as the screenshots that RaiBlocks staff claimed "someone put a lot of effort into" (not a denial in itself), actually contain the same logo that he has now trademarked.

The DADI partnership seems like it may be true as a result. A lot of this has been semi-confirmed, but it's great to see the pieces falling into place.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Data Dash just chose XRB as one of the coins of the month along with Icon and Bitcoin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

see that's the thing we're seeing the real logged transactions which are nowhere near the speeds envisaged - yet no clear explanation from the devs.

Another article on performance testing XRB here seems quite positive, though the performance tester who I got the link from wasn't so impressed with the throughput which suggests to me there is plenty of scope for improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Seems to be some movement north finally, slowly but surely. Lots of good news coming from the devs lately so hopefully this is having an impact on confidence.

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Seems to be some movement north finally, slowly but surely. Lots of good news coming from the devs lately so hopefully this is having an impact on confidence.
    You jinxed it :)

Looking through the order book and there is some big sell walls there.

Gonna need some major news to break through them I think.

• Advertisement

Any one taking out travel insurance when going to the Moon?

=)

Any one taking out travel insurance when going to the Moon?

=)

Some slightly weak hands earlier and was thinking about cashing out the lump I bought yesterday but have decided to wait for the Binance launch to cash out any of my position. I believe in the project but I am just a little uncomfortable at how big my position in XRB has become relative to my overall portfolio.

Today's bump probably had a decent amount to do with one of the seed investors in Coinbase declaring he has taken a long position.

https://twitter.com/garrytan/status/956932106793336832

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Looks like it'll break 20 bucks tonight. Long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Great progress there today. Nice to see Raiblocks rising back towards it's all time high.

I fully expected it to pull back a little as there have been some huge sell walls put up on KuCoin but they keep getting eaten fairly quickly. Great to see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement