Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NANO (ex RaiBlocks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Great progress there today. Nice to see Raiblocks rising back towards it's all time high.

It's a long way off that just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

I fully expected it to pull back a little as there have been some huge sell walls put up on KuCoin but they keep getting eaten fairly quickly. Great to see.

Yup, there's a huge 25k sell wall there now.........waiting for it to hit 168000 sats. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Yup, there's a huge 25k sell wall there now.........waiting for it to hit 168000 sats. :rolleyes:

Wall taken down. Lets see what happens now.

BitGrail have suspended despoits/withdrawls. Price falling again. Can we just have a week with no drama for this coin? The sooner these awful exchanges have been consigned to the history of this coin the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Is there a more frustrating coin out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

BitGrail is a very small exchange and quite low tech. I suspect it was the increased volume that triggered them to suspend deposits/withdrawals until they can tally up.
    The sooner this gets listed on binance the better

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just sold other coins stuff and bought a good chunk more. I wish I had of done it a few days ago but still I think its early days for this coin. Long terms it has an extremely promising future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Bought in At $30......long term hold for me hoping it's a Neo

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

Any one think Binance is going to happen tomorrow or Tuesday?

Do ye expect price to jump straight away when it lists?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

magnavox wrote: »
    Any one think Binance is going to happen tomorrow or Tuesday?

Do ye expect price to jump straight away when it lists?

1. Don't know
    2. ,Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

1. Don't know
    2. ,Yes

If it doesn't list tomorrow or Tuesday could we reasonably expect the price to drop a bit. Isn't the general consensus that Binance list early in the week?

magnavox wrote: »
    If it doesn't list tomorrow or Tuesday could we reasonably expect the price to drop a bit. Isn't the general consensus that Binance list early in the week?

It isn't really that which has been driving demand though unless it is insider trading. The Binance launch has been announced a few weeks ago.

A load of other things happened this week which could explain the demand. Market recovery, support levels after it bottomed out, DataDash video, Garry Tan tweeting he took another long, exchanges finally running smoothly with no node issues and RaiExchange about to launch. The last few weeks had been nothing but exchange issues but it has generally been a very good week for positive XRB news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

So if I intend to take profit from the (Hopeful) rise in value when its listed on Binance what would be the best way.
    Leave it on Kucoin and trade it there (Will the price increase the same rate as on Binance?)
    Or transfer immediately to Binance and trade it there.
    I know Rai is fast but I fear there would be a bottleneck with Binance's servers

Cash out to ETH, move to an exchange where you can withdraw fiat.

Cash out to ETH, move to an exchange where you can withdraw fiat.
    Oh sorry I wasnt clear. When i say profit i mean just exchanging to Eth with the possibility of perhaps buying back in if a dip happens.

When they list he price increase doesn't last long so im concious of timing. Will Kucoin replicate the price increase on binance if it occurs

seannash wrote: »
    Oh sorry I wasnt clear. When i say profit i mean just exchanging to Eth with the possibility of perhaps buying back in if a dip happens.

When they list he price increase doesn't last long so im concious of timing. Will Kucoin replicate the price increase on binance if it occurs

Replicate the price? What are you on about? The price is determined by the market. There may be a bit of a spread between different exchanges but nothing significant.

Replicate the price? What are you on about? The price is determined by the market. There may be a bit of a spread between different exchanges but nothing significant.
    Alright mate, calm down. Thanks for answering what appeared to be an obvious question for you. I've seen the price vary wildly over different exchanges in the past and was just checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Transfer to Binance, deposits usually open before the market does. Set your orders. Kucoin won't have the same pump

Transfer to Binance, deposits usually open before the market does. Set your orders

Really?

Whats the lag time typically between deposits available and trading available?

great tip btw

• Advertisement

Transfer to Binance, deposits usually open before the market does. Set your orders. Kucoin won't have the same pump
    This is what I suspected, it wont be replicated across other exchanges due to it happening so quickly.
    But I might just go back and look at a few of the most recent ones and compare them to see if they experienced pumps on different exchanges at the same time as Binance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Really?

Whats the lag time typically between deposits available and trading available?

great tip btw

Unless Binance is different to other exchanges, there's usually some notice, it's hours on kucoin

Join their telegram channel if you want the immediate notification, and it will be bear instant to transfer if you have your rai off the kucoin exchange.

I have mine on raiwallet

This is what I suspected, it wont be replicated across other exchanges due to it happening so quickly.
    But I might just go back and look at a few of the most recent ones and compare them to see if they experienced pumps on different exchanges at the same time as Binance

right or wrong I have my own theory...

low priced alt-coins usually pump when then lose double digit % within hours.
    I think XRB will be no different as I'm thinking its already had a very big pump around the turn of the new year, and we'll see the a sell off early doors by those looking to make a quick buck, but the price going back up again as the sharks await to eat up all those dumping.

I'm gonna ride it out and hold, but gonna be a bit of a bumpy ride I think.

161 BTC buy wall just went up.

hw0eatby2zc01.png

right or wrong I have my own theory...

low priced alt-coins usually pump when then lose double digit % within hours.
    I think XRB will be no different as I'm thinking its already had a very big pump around the turn of the new year, and we'll see the a sell off early doors by those looking to make a quick buck, but the price going back up again as the sharks await to eat up all those dumping.

I'm gonna ride it out and hold, but gonna be a bit of a bumpy ride I think.
    I think practically everything got a very big pump at the turn of the year so I don't think XRB is unique in that instance. Agree that it'll see a pump so I'm happy to get out at a certain point and will look for another entry point to increase my stake. I wont be selling all my RAI but enough to cover initial investment. Made that mistake far too many time recently.

161 BTC buy wall just went up.

hw0eatby2zc01.png

Size of that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

I think practically everything got a very big pump at the turn of the year so I don't think XRB is unique in that instance. Agree that it'll see a pump so I'm happy to get out at a certain point and will look for another entry point to increase my stake. I wont be selling all my RAI but enough to cover initial investment. Made that mistake far too many time recently.

I regret not selling off a good portion of my Substratum while it was at $3 :o

Its Oyster Pearl and Deep Brain Chain for me.
    Happy to be holding them but definitely should have clawed back my initial investment

It was hard to let go of stuff when the market was flying a few weeks ago. I don't beat myself up for not letting go of stuff as no one really could have seen things turning so quick during that meltdown day.

XRB on the otherhand was a slow decline that should have seen me following the trend and jump ship to buy in when it found support levels again. I just fell in love with the coin itself a little too much.

It was hard to let go of stuff when the market was flying a few weeks ago. I don't beat myself up for not letting go of stuff as no one really could have seen things turning so quick during that meltdown day.

XRB on the otherhand was a slow decline that should have seen me following the trend and jump ship to buy in when it found support levels again. I just fell in love with the coin itself a little too much.
    Definitely was tough but from that I've taken a stance that if a coin increases to 3 times what I paid for it I would take my initial investment out of it. I've sell orders placed for that on most of my coins (Except Neo)

Rai is a little tougher, i do believe it'll be very successful but I also have my eye on a few others that I'd like to invest in without pumping more fiat into crypto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Have the developers given any indication as to when they will get onto Binance?
    I haven't been able to find anything.

• Advertisement

Have the developers given any indication as to when they will get onto Binance?
    I haven't been able to find anything.

No they are not allowed. Binance have clear rules regarding this and violation of them means the coin won't get listed if anything leaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

There's been something of a backlash from the communities associated with a number of ICOs finished in recent times due to the companies lack of interest in getting their tokens listed on any semi-decent exchanges, a lot of the time it's 'you can trade on etherdelta' and 'thanks for all those millions in ethereum, but we have no interest in wasting time getting listed on main exchanges' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Buy/bid wall finally cleared, someone just spent a lorra lorra money to have nearly 100,000 rai........;p

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Buy/bid wall finally cleared, someone just spent a lorra lorra money to have nearly 100,000 rai........;p

With such a large buy order you'd think we would have seen a price spike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Little late night shilling, this just on CNBC:
    h5mfe3j473d01.jpg

Unfortunate timing vs the rebrand tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Performance since when?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Performance since when?

18th of December by the looks of the graphic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Ah yes, that would make sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

So almost every time something gets listed on Binance there is always a huge spike in the price from 50% - 500% on the same day followed by a huge pullback either on the same day or shortly after.

What do we think is going to happen to XRB? 50% or 500% :D

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

So almost every time something gets listed on Binance there is always a huge spike in the price from 50% - 500% on the same day followed by a huge pullback either on the same day or shortly after.

What do we think is going to happen to XRB? 50% or 500% :D

Anyone’s guess.

What I’m doing is setting a sell order for something in between. And a buy order shortly after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Someone just dumped a load...down 20%

Where are you seeing this?

Wombatman wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this?

Sorry I've had to delete my post..My Blockfolio seems to have crapped itself and when i doubled checked its not reflecting real market prices/charts.

had to restart my phone to sync correctly...I apologies for any confusion

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Seems to have been a decent sized sell on Bitgrail just now...

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Seems to have been a decent sized sell on Bitgrail just now...

I'm constantly checking here to see if it's my app or true activity, and I'm not so sure

Going by your post then there is crazy activity then the last hour...anyone any idea why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Could have something to do with it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitGrailExchange/comments/7u02o9/bitgrail_update_30012018/

This is very worrying, because the TL;DR of it is that this guy can end up with the majority of all XRB on BitGrail, and sell it all, thus tanking the price.

Jasus someone apply the breaks FFS

Could have something to do with it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitGrailExchange/comments/7u02o9/bitgrail_update_30012018/

This is very worrying, because the TL;DR of it is that this guy can end up with the majority of all XRB on BitGrail, and sell it all, thus tanking the price.
    I read it but didn't get that take away from it. Basically XRB is stuck on that exchange until all verification happens for the holders as he must comply with the law.

He talks about bitcoin being the only available avenue if someone wants to close their account on Bitgrail.

Buy buy buy buy buy.

Buy buy buy buy buy.

Buy order placed :)

• Advertisement

Buy order placed :)

Will you be able to get your purchase off of Bitgrail?

Advertisement