Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

one day ban for quoting the charter.

Options
  • 14-12-2017 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hello there,

Just got banned one day from the Politics forum, after a post where I was quoting a sentence from the " Rules and Guidance "
    Nothing important for me, but I still have a question :
    Is it a common thing to be ban for quoting the Rules / asking a poster to respect the Rules ?
    ( I don't have access anymore to these Rules )
    Thanks.
    Bertie

My post was :

" Please read the " POLITICS CHARTER " :

" Deliberately misleading posts or posters aiming to spread misinformation will be sanctioned "

Mod ban reason was : " You are not a mod of this forum. If you have a problem with a post, please report it."

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Moved to Help Desk as you're discussing a mod action, though if you wish to appeal the ban you'll need to open a thread in Dispute Resolution. Regardless of whether or not you're appealing, the first course of action is to PM the mod and try to come to some understanding.

Back seat modding isn't allowed on Boards (as in the FAQ); if there are issues with a post, report it and leave the moderators take action if required.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭bertie 56

Moved to Help Desk as you're discussing a mod action, though if you wish to appeal the ban you'll need to open a thread in Dispute Resolution. Regardless of whether or not you're appealing, the first course of action is to PM the mod and try to come to some understanding.

Back seat modding isn't allowed on Boards (as in the FAQ); if there are issues with a post, report it and leave the moderators take action if required.

Thanks, Mark, for your answer.
    I won't appeal the ban, it is just a day ban, so not a big deal ;).
    I should have report the post , instead of quoting the rules...

Have a nice day ! :)

Advertisement