Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On the shoulders of giants

• 14-12-2017 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭

I was at a festival recently, enjoying the good music, when suddenly a girl in front of me was hoisted on to her boyfriends shoulders, completely blocking my view. Watching Glastonbury on the BBC I noticed the same thing. I find it very inconsiderate and selfish of these people. I paid good money to attend the festival and then have to put up with this nonsense.

What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah its pretty sh1t alright, I remember at Outkast's gig at the Picnic there was loads around the middle of the audience on the shoulders of their boyfriends and all having conversations with each other, so a complete section blocked for people behind them seeing the act. Usually something soft to lob at them helps manage to clear them sometimes, it was the same with this year at the Madness gig at the Picnic. I remember security was strict at the Midnight Circus at Body & Soul festival for this, security at the front would shine torches directly at them, signalling for them to get down, I wish they would do that at all the festivals and then people would have a good viewing experience.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭DickSwiveller

Yeah its pretty sh1t alright, I remember at Outkast's gig at the Picnic there was loads around the middle of the audience on the shoulders of their boyfriends and all having conversations with each other, so a complete section blocked for people behind them seeing the act. Usually something soft to lob at them helps manage to clear them sometimes, it was the same with this year at the Madness gig at the Picnic. I remember security was strict at the Midnight Circus at Body & Soul festival for this, security at the front would shine torches directly at them, signalling for them to get down, I wish they would do that at all the festivals and then people would have a good viewing experience.

Thanks for the reply Bodhrandude. The arrogance of these people astounds me. I'd never think of purposely blocking spectators.

Advertisement