Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil Healy breaks National record

• 14-12-2017 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

37.56 for 300 last night in Athlone at the Baseline meet a full second off her own record

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Was she running for Waterford AC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Down South wrote: »
    Was she running for Waterford AC?

She was running for her college, Waterford I.T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I wonder why you see a lot of atheltes in their college colours rather than their club? Maybe offered something by the college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I wonder why you see a lot of atheltes in their college colours rather than their club? Maybe offered something by the college?

You have to for ucd scholarship stipulations ( UCD is an AAI affiliate club and scholarship requires you to transfer) I'm sure it's probably the same with WIT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,482 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

IvoryTower wrote: »

With all due respect, I think you're overestimating the value of a college scholarship in Ireland. I may be wrong, but I reckon, in addition to your fees etc., a cup of tea would be the height of it.

• Advertisement

Following on from this Phil set a new PB over 400m in a time of 53.15

This time secures her qualification for World Indoors and European Outdoors and all that before the year even starts (race was 30th of December)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Wow that's brilliant. Going to be a good year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Following on from this Phil set a new PB over 400m in a time of 53.15

This time secures her qualification for World Indoors and European Outdoors and all that before the year even starts (race was 30th of December)

Great work, 52 is surely only a matter of time indoors. Still think 200m is the event she should focus on outdoors. She can get the NR and go sub 23, and that would be competitive in Berlin if she can get her peak right.

Looks like it could be a family affair. Joan looking for qualification the 60m with 7.34 in France tonight to go #6 on the all time list just shy of the Irish record of 7.30 and qualifier.

Looks like it will be a family affair. Joan is after securing a spot in the 60m with 7.34 in France tonight to go #6 on the all time list just shy of the Irish record of 7.30.

Does she not need 7.30 to go to Worlds?

• Advertisement

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Does she not need 7.30 to go to Worlds?

Fixed post now

Whoops correct you were misread report last night and forgot to double check :o

A world lead in Vienna with a 52.08 over a second off her pb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Absolutely unbelievable, so glad she made the switch to 400m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99478323&postcount=45
    Just saying ... :D

To be fair that was 2 years ago, and as recently as last years nationals she came 4th in Nationals in the 400 (admittedly after doing a 200 the day before).

Just wait til we see her do a 200 outdoors this summer. There could be fireworks ahead. ;)

I think she’ll go sub 23 and sub 52 outdoors this year. The NR for 200 is a certainty.

Super run today. Shocked by the 1 second PB, but absolutely delighted.

If Cliodhna Manning can push on from her surprise nationals win last year (when training for 200) then we have the makings of a good 4x400 team too.

Advertisement