Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MySQL Training

Options
  • 14-12-2017 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    I'm after starting a new job and we deal with 3 main DBMS which integrates with out software.
    Between 3 of us we were asked to find some material to become "experts" in our chosen field.
    I was given MySQL, I have worked with it before but I just know the basics.
    Would anyone know of some good online material, books, courses etc. that cover what you would need to get a good understanding of MySQL, we use MySQL Workbench 6.3
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭Talisman

If they expect you to become an expert then you should really get certified.

Oracle will quite happily take your money to help you on the path to certification.

Alternatively you could subscribe to the O'Reilly Library and access all the material they have to offer. 10 day free trial, $399/year or $39/month plus VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

No full experts, but to have enough knowledge that we can decipher errors, usage and be able to assist customers who have issues with MySQL whether it be connectivity, schema creation, data import etc. Online courses even would do for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

Not full experts, but to have enough knowledge that we can decipher errors, usage and be able to assist customers who have issues with MySQL whether it be connectivity, schema creation, data import etc. Online courses even would do for the moment. Cheers!

Advertisement