Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to disable a scopetronicvista vista 5

Options
  • 14-12-2017 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I have one of these alarms in my house that I no longer use. Today the alarm is going off every half hour or so. Is there a way to completely shut it off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Power the system down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Gary Numan wrote: »
    I have one of these alarms in my house that I no longer use. Today the alarm is going off every half hour or so. Is there a way to completely shut it off?

You could power it down, but if the bell box which it is attached to is still on the wall of your house, it may activate and keep doing so for hours on end until the battery within it is worn down.
    It may already be though.
    The question is, is it worth the gamble?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It would be best to show us the type of bell box on the house before you power it down.
    Some of those old metal ones will ring for days.

Advertisement