Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Properties advertised that are already 'Sale Agreed' but still adverstised online

Options
  • 14-12-2017 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

I find the above infuriating!

can anything be done about it

probably half properties are already "unfortunately sale agreed" after waiting weeks for a response if even get one!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

mkdon wrote: »

probably half properties are already "unfortunately sale agreed" after waiting weeks for a response if even get one!

Going from same agredcto sold takes time

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

Yes it does but why not state this on the advertisement itself?!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Yes, this is wrecking my head as well. I'd love a way to see what's actually available. Everything I ring about it already gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

mkdon wrote: »

A property is not "sold" until contracts are signed, "sale agreed" is a non binding commitment, why would the seller take a property off the market if there is a chance the deal will fall through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

What the OP and dory are complaining about is that properties that are sale agreed are not being listed as such online. So they are still coming up as available for viewings/bids

I've noticed this with the place across from us. Has been sale agreed weeks but still coming up online as for sale. Even stranger is that it was recently re-entered online at a price 250,000 lower than it initially went up for, but the sign still says sale agreed. Hard to know which is the accurate info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭bikeman1

This did my head in when I was buying in May. I would hazard a guess that half of the properties listed are actually sale agreed when you ring up to find out.

No information on the ads, just please contact us to arrange a viewing. Very annoying, I started to give up on properties that didn't have a viewing coming up.

Then after a while you get to "know" what stage various properties are at in your budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Moomintroll99

I reckon that could be just that agents have bulk buy agreements with advertisers.

So they might have some kind of discount for having 50 slots on Daft, and if they don't have enough new stock to take them all up they leave up older ads just for the brand awareness etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,826 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It's to try get you to contact them anyway so they can suggest alternates, basically

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

In a lot of cases, EAs leave them up as long as possible so that potential vendors see the ads and give them a call......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

L1011 wrote: »
    It's to try get you to contact them anyway so they can suggest alternates, basically

I thought this too but I've made about 20 such phone calls and none have ever engaged me in conversation. They just say it's sale agreed and leave it at that. At this stage I just don't ring about a property if I know its been up more than 2-3 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The simple solution is to look at newer ads only, set up an alert. Wrecked my head too but it's not going to change. You really want to get in early anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,481 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I put in a complaint to the EA group (whatever they are called) about agents playing fast and loose with the term 'acre'. I had come to the conclusion it was more an optimistic description than a realistic indication of the land involved (checking against Land Direct). Anyway I have noticed that the situation has improved considerably and most descriptions are much more precise recently. So it might be worth complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

If a house was at sale agreed on an advert and then came back on sale I'd be thinking that the original people buying had a survey done and found something wrong with the house and backed out.

Plenty of other reasons, but that's what I'd be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

Ive seen this many times in the last few weeks.
    Very annoying, but i understand why its done.

Advertisement