Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling mechanic needed to inspect potential car purchase in West Limerick

• 14-12-2017 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for a mechanic that could travel and do a car inspection on a vehicle I might be interested in buying. The car is located at a dealership roughly 30km east of the City.

I know the AA used to do a service for this but they seem to have stopped that now, would anyone here know of a qualified mechanic who might perform an on site inspection?

They would need to be experienced and have a National Craft Certificate.
    Also, what would be the price for an inspection, and what kind of detail would that cover-would they be just visually inspecting the car, or would they be opening up the engine to get a good look, and running diagnostic checks with the OBD port software?

All experience, tips, and recommendations welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Hi,

I'm looking for a mechanic that could travel and do a car inspection on a vehicle I might be interested in buying. The car is located at a dealership roughly 30km east of the City.

I know the AA used to do a service for this but they seem to have stopped that now, would anyone here know of a qualified mechanic who might perform an on site inspection?

They would need to be experienced and have a National Craft Certificate.
    Also, what would be the price for an inspection, and what kind of detail would that cover-would they be just visually inspecting the car, or would they be opening up the engine to get a good look, and running diagnostic checks with the OBD port software?

All experience, tips, and recommendations welcome.

A quick visual inspection and drive is about 40 I think. Are you looking for a in depth inspection? I work out that way, link the car and I'll see can I be of any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

A quick visual inspection and drive is about 40 I think. Are you looking for a in depth inspection? I work out that way, link the car and I'll see can I be of any help.

PM sent.

I'd be looking for an in depth inspection ideally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

You will find it hard to get anyone to do this I would think , most mechanics don't like doing it

Advertisement