Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Alarm system

Options
  • 14-12-2017 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Herself wants to get a house alarm system set up, was looking at something basic. I came across networksecurity.ie

€399 and €26 per month after, anyone use this company before? Any recommendations appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

That installation cost hardly even covers the cost of the equipment.
    I would have a good look at the terms there.
    Sorry but at that price I cannot see it being much of an actual security system, unless you will be paying for it on the never never

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Very basic system not covering the perimeter but has motion detectors inside. Burglar has to be inside before alarm activates. Also means you can't turn it on when you're at home and freely walk around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Very basic system not covering the perimeter but has motion detectors inside. Burglar has to be inside before alarm activates. Also means you can't turn it on when you're at home and freely walk around the house.

Thanks for reply kub and fred. Im getting 3xWireless Motion Detection Beam, 4xWirefree Window Vibration Sensors that suggests that banging on windows would set it off? Its a 24 month contract.

Now I am well aware I get what I pay for but this is literally a case of keeping herself happy rather than actually looking to ramp up security. If I had my way I wouldnt even get one so this really is a case of keeping the family happy etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations on anywhere else? Just something simple and basic?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Sorry but we do not give out recommendations on here. If you want to shop around, which is something we always recommend and of course remember like every thing else, the devil is in the detail, so read the terms and conditions.

Check out the Private Security Authority website for licensed installers in your own area.
    Get them out to look at your home and get written quotations.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Herself wants to get a house alarm system set up, was looking at something basic. I came across networksecurity.ie

€399 and €26 per month after, anyone use this company before? Any recommendations appreciated.

And you are tied to that system & that company for service & maintenance.
    If you move away from that company the system is not serviceable or repairable by anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

KoolKid wrote: »
    And you are tied to that system & that company for service & maintenance.
    If you move away from that company the system is not serviceable or repairable by anyone else.

Thabks for heads up KoolKid. Searched for a few quotes and simply wouldnt be able to afford some of the major companies for something basic that Im looking for. 100% know I get what I pay for but this is a "keepung herself happy" exercise more than anything.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are working on a budget it's still better to get yourself a standard system and add to it later. With this systems that are tied to an installer you will end up buying from scratch again and the money you have spent will be for nothing.

Advertisement