Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warrel Dane (Nevermore, Sanctuary) RIP

Options
  • 15-12-2017 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭

Singer Warrel Dane has died aged 56. One of my favourite vocalists. What a voice! His work in Nevermore especially was simply outstanding. That Baritone voice had such a unique timbre and was a real standout in Metal.
    Warrel Dane, the lead singer of Sanctuary and Nevermore, has passed away at the age of only 56 after suffering a heart attack during the night. He was on tour in Brazil.

The singer first came to prominence with Sanctuary, with whom he released two studio albums, before forming Nevermore, which achieved considerable commercial success. After Nevermore folded, he revived Sanctuary and the band released a third album, "The Year The Sun Died" in 2014, with a fourth record, "Inception" following only this year. He will be greatly missed. Link

His solo album was also an accomplished piece of work. Some terrific songs, in particular this one...

What a range!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Was absolutely shocked when I heard this. A true talent with exceptional range. Dead heart in a dead world and dreaming neon black are among my all time favourite albums. RIP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Never listened to the band, but it's always awful to hear of someone dying, especially so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

cd07 wrote: »
    Was absolutely shocked when I heard this. A true talent with exceptional range. Dead heart in a dead world and dreaming neon black are among my all time favourite albums. RIP

DHIADW is my favourite Nevermore release too.
    Angron wrote: »
    Never listened to the band, but it's always awful to hear of someone dying, especially so young.

Yeah, you should definitely give Nevermore a gander. Progressive, Trash, Power Metal. Heavy and technical with great melodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Passenger wrote:
    DHIADW is my favourite Nevermore release too.

Absolutely amazing album. Every single element of it is mind blowing

Advertisement