Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom and Loyalty (two words that do not go together)

Options
  • 15-12-2017 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

It seems Eircom and Loyalty are two words that do not go together.

I have been a customer of Eircom the last 22 years for both brand band and home phone services.
    My wife and I also have had two meteor mobiles for the last three years which is now Eircom.
    I put in for an upgrade on one of the mobile phones last week and everything was seemingly going ok until I received an email last week saying I must give a deposit to get the upgrade.
    I am currently paying
    Broadband and home phone package  €77 per month.
    Two mobile phones €39 per month.
    Told them loyalty is a two way street, I have never left them in the 22 years for any of the special offers the other providers were offering, more fool me.

Anyway after 22 years paying their bills there is nothing doing from their “loyalty team”.

Anyone know of good packages for BROADBAND/ HOME PHONE/ MOBILES.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

del roy wrote: »
    It seems Eircom and Loyalty are two words that do not go together.

I have been a customer of Eircom the last 22 years for both brand band and home phone services.
    My wife and I also have had two meteor mobiles for the last three years which is now Eircom.
    I put in for an upgrade on one of the mobile phones last week and everything was seemingly going ok until I received an email last week saying I must give a deposit to get the upgrade.
    I am currently paying
    Broadband and home phone package  €77 per month.
    Two mobile phones €39 per month.
    Told them loyalty is a two way street, I have never left them in the 22 years for any of the special offers the other providers were offering, more fool me.

Anyway after 22 years paying their bills there is nothing doing from their “loyalty team”.

Anyone know of good packages for BROADBAND/ HOME PHONE/ MOBILES.
    Hi del roy,

I'm afraid we will be unable to waive a deposit if you are upgrading your phone. This is a standard charge to our customers that are upgrading their mobile phone with us. If you do choose to pay this, you'll receive it back on your 7th bill.

Sorry I can't give you better news here.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 24 paul29163

Hi, similar problem here, Eircom customer for many many years now and as above have mobile/landline/broadband.
    Broadband is 100meg package, with speeds at 22-25meg which were adequate for our needs so all was good. However since last month speeds have been rubbish and I initially blamed the weather. But since then they have never returned to original 22-25 and I began to investigate. I turns out that our speeds have been ramped back with our max now at 15meg. No reason given for this and no communication either.

I feel it stems from a sales call we received about 6 weeks ago asking us to "upgrade" I showed interest in it but they could not guarantee any increase in Download speeds above 25meg. So I declined the "offer" and now I am paying the price for that, I feel.

Anybody else have similar experience of this, as I said we are have been loyal customers but it appears that this has zero value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭del roy

I would like to tell everyone that EIRCOM has had a look at my situation and changed everything that I was unhappy about.
    I am very happy with the way they handled and solved my queries.

Thank you all at Eircom.

I would like to tell everyone that EIRCOM has had a look at my situation and changed everything that I was unhappy about.

Thank you all at Eircom.

Good stuff Del Roy, glad everything worked out for you

Hi, similar problem here, Eircom customer for many many years now and as above have mobile/landline/broadband.
    Broadband is 100meg package, with speeds at 22-25meg which were adequate for our needs so all was good. However since last month speeds have been rubbish and I initially blamed the weather. But since then they have never returned to original 22-25 and I began to investigate. I turns out that our speeds have been ramped back with our max now at 15meg. No reason given for this and no communication either.

I feel it stems from a sales call we received about 6 weeks ago asking us to "upgrade" I showed interest in it but they could not guarantee any increase in Download speeds above 25meg. So I declined the "offer" and now I am paying the price for that, I feel.

Anybody else have similar experience of this, as I said we are have been loyal customers but it appears that this has zero value.

• Advertisement

paul29163 wrote: »

Hi, 

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your account. Can you please forward me your account number and full name in a PM and I will look into this for you.

-  Adam

Thank you all at Eircom.
    Hi Del Roy,

Glad to hear you've got everything sorted :)

- Adam

Hi all,

Back again and it feels very deja vu, as from my post above pre-Christmas, everything settled down and we became accustomed to our ramped back DL speed (25 to 12, no excuses made by Eir as to why)

But lo and behold, we are now at 3-5 meg.and as above fault logged with no response.

How low can this go? No feedback from Eir and it appears they frankly do not give a proverbial …

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi all,

Back again and it feels very deja vu, as from my post above pre-Christmas, everything settled down and we became accustomed to our ramped back DL speed (25 to 12, no excuses made by Eir as to why)

But lo and behold, we are now at 3-5 meg.and as above fault logged with no response.

How low can this go? No feedback from Eir and it appears they frankly do not give a proverbial …
    Hi paul29163, 

I'm sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your service. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi paul29163, 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

Got a call from Eir support today, new modem on the way.

I will update on progress,

Thanks,

Paul H

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi paul29163, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi Tracey,

Got a call from Eir support today, new modem on the way.

I will update on progress,

Thanks,

Paul H
    Hi paul29163 ,

glad to hear the new modem is on its way!

Thanks

Thomas

Advertisement