Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabling Devireg 710-2 controller

Options
  • 15-12-2017 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I don't use storage heating anymore but still get a wake-up call in the early hours of the morning when the devireg unit kicks in and activates the contacter, as the panel is just outside the bedroom. I've tried setting the day and night options to min of -4 but it still kicks in and wakes me, probably because it's so cold outside these days.

Aside from disconnecting wires or removing the unit altogether, it seems the simplest solution might be to set the day option to const and let it be permanently on in this test mode. So long as the storage heating is definately switched off, is there any possible side effect from doing this?

I noticed there is a wire (neutral colour, but not neutral!) from the cable of the outdoor sensor which connects to screw terminal 2 (off-peak live) on the unit and am nervous in case this might tie in with the night meter in some way.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

There may be an MCB installed just for the control wiring for the controller, if so you could switch this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

2011 wrote: »
    There may be an MCB installed just for the control wiring for the controller, if so you could switch this off.

Doh! Now I'm feeling a bit stupid - must have been half asleep when I went looking at it this morning!

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nicper

Subtle wrote: »
    I don't use storage heating anymore but still get a wake-up call in the early hours of the morning when the devireg unit kicks in and activates the contacter, as the panel is just outside the bedroom. I've tried setting the day and night options to min of -4 but it still kicks in and wakes me, probably because it's so cold outside these days.

Aside from disconnecting wires or removing the unit altogether, it seems the simplest solution might be to set the day option to const and let it be permanently on in this test mode. So long as the storage heating is definately switched off, is there any possible side effect from doing this?

I noticed there is a wire (neutral colour, but not neutral!) from the cable of the outdoor sensor which connects to screw terminal 2 (off-peak live) on the unit and am nervous in case this might tie in with the night meter in some way.
    Hi. If you still have the devireg unit, and it was in working order, I'd be very interested in buying it off of you. Need a replacement for my apartment. Thanks nic

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Subtle

nicper wrote: »
    Hi. If you still have the devireg unit, and it was in working order, I'd be very interested in buying it off of you. Need a replacement for my apartment. Thanks nic

It's still there but you'd have to buy it off my landlady along with a 300k apartment if still interested!

Btw, I presume you've ruled out your temp sensor as being at fault and that it's definitely the main unit you need...

Advertisement