Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedfan tweaking

Options
  • 15-12-2017 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭

I`ve been using Speedfan for a few months now, but I`m always tweaking and adjust the graph based on what I`m doing and I can never seem to get it right.

If I`m doing let`s say PUBG the GPU temp is around the 60c ish mark, I`m not sure if that`s good/bad or what?

If the PC`s just idling sometime the front fans will be spinning and I think they should`nt be cause there`s nothing going on....

Speedfan itself is still hard to get used to, but I just don`t feel I`ve full control over my fans, sometime I`m not sure if I`ve the fans labeled correctly?

How does your config work for you, do you find yourself always adjusting it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Speedfan is quite long in the tooth. Your mobo vendor may give you a better tool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

ED E wrote: »
    Speedfan is quite long in the tooth. Your mobo vendor may give you a better tool.

I've an ASRock Z270 Pro4. I've not found anything from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

lewis wrote: »
    I've an ASRock Z270 Pro4. I've not found anything from them.

Didn't look very hard

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z270%20Pro4/index.us.asp#Download

ASRock A-Tuning utility ver:3.0.110

A-Tuning has built in Fan-control with their Fan-Tastic tuning.

ASR%20Z97Ex6%20SW%2014%20-%20Fan%20Tuning.png

You can also set fan profiles from the BIOS.

Didn't look very hard

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z270%20Pro4/index.us.asp#Download

ASRock A-Tuning utility ver:3.0.110

A-Tuning has built in Fan-control with their Fan-Tastic tuning.

ASR%20Z97Ex6%20SW%2014%20-%20Fan%20Tuning.png

You can also set fan profiles from the BIOS.

I looked, tried that didn't seem to do much.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Would you mind explaining what exactly it is you want to achieve? Might help get somewhere with this
    If I`m doing let`s say PUBG the GPU temp is around the 60c ish mark, I`m not sure if that`s good/bad or what?
    60c is grand for a GPU under load. But why are you fiddling with fan speeds if you don't know what's good or bad to begin with?
    If the PC`s just idling sometime the front fans will be spinning and I think they should`nt be cause there`s nothing going on....
    Fans don't stop spinning just because there's no load, almost no motherboards support this. Asrock boards certainly don't. They'll go to low rpm but the only time any fan connected to power will be 0RPM is when your PC is powered off.

• Advertisement

Would you mind explaining what exactly it is you want to achieve? Might help get somewhere with this

I'm trying to achieve the best temp graph/set up for my use

60c is grand for a GPU under load. But why are you fiddling with fan speeds if you don't know what's good or bad to begin with?

By fiddling with them, I've learnt more than what I knew when I first started using Speedfan, (but still struggle at times using it), also seeing where my fans temps are heading, (the higher scale) I've been trying to get them as low as possible.

Fans don't stop spinning just because there's no load, almost no motherboards support this. Asrock boards certainly don't. They'll go to low rpm but the only time any fan connected to power will be 0RPM is when your PC is powered off.

I'm trying to achieve the best temp graph/set up for my use.

By fiddling with them, I've learnt more than what I knew when I first started using Speedfan, (but still struggle at times using it), also seeing where my fans temps are heading, (the higher scale) I've been trying to get them as low as possible.

My front fans stop spinning when my PC is idle, there the loudest.

If 60c is a good stable temp, then I'm happy.

Advertisement