Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Red to Green.

Options
  • 15-12-2017 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Just got my yearly wrap up mail from the Vegan society. Great piece in it about a beef farmer who decided he could no longer go on with the cycle of death. It warms my heart to see storys like this.

Here is Jays story

On a day that started out with me witnessing sheep being "herded" up by 3 farmers and a dog. I say herded in quotations because the level of violence against the poor sheep was disgusting. One farmer in particular grabbed at least 2 sheep by their back legs and threw them into an awaiting trailer. He punched and kicked several others as they tried to escape past him. I was driving past at the time and I didn't get reg numbers off the Jeeps but I know the sheep where all marked with a single colour and the location they were being "herded". Is there anywhere that I can report this animal abuse?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I guess you could ring the ISPCA and if they are not suitable they could point you towards who is?

I've heard of other farmers doing the same recently actually, giving up their herd, I believe there was one in Ireland that gave her cows to a sanctuary after hearing Jays story.

Advertisement