Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WARNING about Charity Christmas Cards

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

It's ONE, there are many more out there in many fields.

No need to shout. I didn't say different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

It should still have details somewhere on the packaging.

I think that's a UK requirement not applicable to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Does anyone remember those unsolicited “charity” cards from foot and mouth artists.? We used to get them years ago. We were so poor we used them and never had the money to send back? My Mum said years later that she knew it was a scam....that was a lie!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I volunteer for a local dog rescue charity and 100% of money raised from Christmas cards that we are selling go to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

anewme wrote: »
    Does anyone remember those unsolicited “charity” cards from foot and mouth artists.? We used to get them years ago. We were so poor we used them and never had the money to send back? My Mum said years later that she knew it was a scam....that was a lie!

Unsolicited goods, fairly strong legislation on them here. Suspect that's why I haven't seen a set in years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

CeilingFly wrote: »
    I think that's a UK requirement not applicable to Ireland

And I still maintain it should have the details on the package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

anewme wrote: »

I got them this year and last. Threw them back in the post as 'unsolicited mail'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

I spotted this type of thing a couple of years back on the cards I used to buy so now I buy cheaper cards and just donate the difference (plus a bit normally) to the charity directly. Means I get cards I really like (often don't like the charity ones), the charity gets more money directly and everyone is happier :)

Advertisement