Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 naturalgems18

Finally gave in and dug out the maternity jeans out of the back of the wardrobe at the weekend. They keep sliding down my arse though... and they're the over the bump type. Wondering if I stretched them out on my last pregnancy... Or if I'm just not big enough to justify them yet?

I'm having the same problem - my normal jeans don't fit anymore (at all, been using a hair bobbin for the last while). They just feel huge & unconformable on me too and I live in jeans. Under the bump ones don't seem so bad. I've tried mamalicious under the bump ones and they're the best I've tried so far

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jillapino

I'm having the same problem - my normal jeans don't fit anymore (at all, been using a hair bobbin for the last while). They just feel huge & unconformable on me too and I live in jeans. Under the bump ones don't seem so bad. I've tried mamalicious under the bump ones and they're the best I've tried so far
    I bought the top shop Jamie maternity jeans and there lovely on! All the other maternity clothes I've seen have been really old fashioned looking or not nice material or with a silly slogan on it! Asos seem to have nicer stuff though!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭al_E_kat

Had a 24 week check up with my GP yesterday. Urine sample showing trace amounts of glucose so had to have bloods done :( they weren't fasting ones though she said if they come back high then a fasting sample will have to be done.

She also said I was a ‘good size’ for 24 weeks and asked if my OH was tall.....which he’s not really and I’m a titch so hoping this doesn’t all go against me for GD :(

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Haven't started to buy anything yet, at 20+4 now. Scan was fine so I think I might start buying essentials like muslins, babygros, wipes etc. I think I'm a little superstitious, which is silly as I really want to enjoy this pregnancy, especially while I'm still in my second trimester.

Jelly&Icecream - How annoying the jeans are loose, maybe they'll fit later on in the pregnancy? My bed is still relatively comfy for me, but as we only have a double I can see we'll be caught for space later!

I was the same about buying stuff first time around. Don't think I bought anything substantial to nearer 30 weeks. Didn't tell anyone in work other than my boss until I was 6 months either, lol. I don't think you'd get away with that in a less male donimated workplace.

Judging by the rate I've grown in the last few weeks I'd say the maternity jeans will be grand in a few weeks time. In the mean time I'll just have to go around pulling them up in a very undignified manner :D Have a wedding to go to this weekend and the dress I bought 3 weeks ago will just about do, I think my boobs have gone up 3 cup sizes since I bought it so I'll need to be careful I'm not flashing too much cleavage :-o My mother put a tack in the bust area to try and save my modesty :D

I have one under the bump type from the last time that I didn't really like. I think they were from newlook. Might splash out and treat myself to a new pair from mamalicious. I live in jeans too so should get enough wear out of them over the next 4 months to justify them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

I find H&M jeans very comfy- I bought ones in new look but didn't like them so returned them next day and went to H&M then. I also got a bra without wire in Peacocks and I gotta say it is a lot more comfy than wired bras! ;)

al_E_kat, hopefully it ain't GD but even if it is, I heard it ain't so bad if you can control it with diet.

We have our big scan this Wed and really can't wait! We're keeping the sex a surprise though :D we will go looking around baby shops then but probably wouldn't be buying anything big as I think I want Uberchild/Infababy travel system- know few people who have it and said it is brilliant for walks on country roads etc with rough terrians! Price seem very reasonable too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkviewbaby

I find H&M jeans very comfy- I bought ones in new look but didn't like them so returned them next day and went to H&M then. I also got a bra without wire in Peacocks and I gotta say it is a lot more comfy than wired bras! ;)

al_E_kat, hopefully it ain't GD but even if it is, I heard it ain't so bad if you can control it with diet.

We have our big scan this Wed and really can't wait! We're keeping the sex a surprise though :D we will go looking around baby shops then but probably wouldn't be buying anything big as I think I want Uberchild/Infababy travel system- know few people who have it and said it is brilliant for walks on country roads etc with rough terrians! Price seem very reasonable too.

We're so similar!
    I love the h&m jeans, so comfy not sure ill ever get out of them. Also find their maternity leggings great. Got a pair of jeans from new look too but didn't like the fit at all so brought them back.

Had our big scan last week and all looked good thank god. We are also not finding out the sex but I feel strongly its a boy.

Ive decided on the Infababy travel system too. Great reviews and reasonable price.

We're so similar!
    I love the h&m jeans, so comfy not sure ill ever get out of them. Also find their maternity leggings great. Got a pair of jeans from new look too but didn't like the fit at all so brought them back.

Had our big scan last week and all looked good thank god. We are also not finding out the sex but I feel strongly its a boy.

Ive decided on the Infababy travel system too. Great reviews and reasonable price.

Yeah I would probably happily live in them after I have baby!!lol Yeah I found new look jeans a bit saggy in places if that makes sense?? I got their maternity leggings last day as well, very comfy but I noticed that it is a bit see through on legs so not too happy about that :( would really like a comfy pair of leggings cuz ones I usually get in Penneys aren't comfy anymore cutting in my belly/bump!

Have you relaxed a bit since the big scan? I'm hoping I will be more relaxed after ours on Wednesday :D

When will you be ordering the Infababy travel system? I heard it only takes a week to arrive which is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Parkviewbaby

Yeah I would probably happily live in them after I have baby!!lol Yeah I found new look jeans a bit saggy in places if that makes sense?? I got their maternity leggings last day as well, very comfy but I noticed that it is a bit see through on legs so not too happy about that :( would really like a comfy pair of leggings cuz ones I usually get in Penneys aren't comfy anymore cutting in my belly/bump!

Have you relaxed a bit since the big scan? I'm hoping I will be more relaxed after ours on Wednesday :D

When will you be ordering the Infababy travel system? I heard it only takes a week to arrive which is great!

It hard to find leggings that aren't see through at all, I just always wear them with a long vest that covers my bum, I don't want that on show!

I found the big scan very reassuring. We had a miscarriage last year so not sure i'll fully relax until the baby is in my arms but scan helped ease my mind a lot. I'm 21 weeks now and have started to feel lots of movement and kicks too which I love.

Probably wont order travel system for another month or so. Going on holidays in 3 weeks and hoping to get a few bits at the Aldi baby event on Thursday so keeping money for that.

Thanks Disney Diva, I called the doc today for the blood results. Secretary gave them to me but they had yet to be signed off by doc. The glucose was 8 which is high but she said for a non fasting sample (1 hour post breakfast) theyd expect upwards of 10 and the HBIAC which is the average over 2-3 months was normal so good news overall! So I’m happy, gonna call again to see if doc has looked at them but hopefully it’ll
    Go the right way :)

On another note on travel systems I got very excited after my 20 week scan and picked what one I wanted! It was on sale too so jumped and ordered it online after testing it out in store( they didnt have the colour i wanted in store) was told could take upto 6-8 weeks for delivery so thought I’d get the ball rolling and snap it up at that price........it arrived 2 days later!!! Needless to say I’m getting sick of looking at it with still 15 weeks to go, offically banned myself from Buying anything else for a while, so
    Just a cautionary tale for anybody else if they’re not ready to house one just yet :L

• Advertisement

al_E_kat wrote: »
    Thanks Disney Diva, I called the doc today for the blood results. Secretary gave them to me but they had yet to be signed off by doc. The glucose was 8 which is high but she said for a non fasting sample (1 hour post breakfast) theyd expect upwards of 10 and the HBIAC which is the average over 2-3 months was normal so good news overall! So I’m happy, gonna call again to see if doc has looked at them but hopefully it’ll
    Go the right way :)

On another note on travel systems I got very excited after my 20 week scan and picked what one I wanted! It was on sale too so jumped and ordered it online after testing it out in store( they didnt have the colour i wanted in store) was told could take upto 6-8 weeks for delivery so thought I’d get the ball rolling and snap it up at that price........it arrived 2 days later!!! Needless to say I’m getting sick of looking at it with still 15 weeks to go, offically banned myself from Buying anything else for a while, so
    Just a cautionary tale for anybody else if they’re not ready to house one just yet :L

Which travel system did you go for? I'm torn being the infababy one or the baby elegance venti? I like the look of the infababy but would love to see it and test it first! My apartment is small enough so I don't want to get it just yet!! We have started buying a few bits of clothes and bought an advent steriliser and bottles in the dunnes baby event recently as I don't think I'll will be breast feeding

Jillapino wrote: »
    Which travel system did you go for? I'm torn being the infababy one or the baby elegance venti? I like the look of the infababy but would love to see it and test it first! My apartment is small enough so I don't want to get it just yet!! We have started buying a few bits of clothes and bought an advent steriliser and bottles in the dunnes baby event recently as I don't think I'll will be breast feeding

Oh I got the venti!!! I love it I think it looks very stylish, like how it moves and folds and that it’s a 2 in one. Plus it was very reasonable imo....some of the prices out there are mad! I bought it from Smyths though rather than from baby elegance cos they were doing 20% off. I’d only love to take it out for a spin but I think that’d look a bit mad with no baby yet lol moves very well around my kitchen though lol

Did any of you look at monitors?

I only copped on that I'm 5.5 months rather than 4.5 months last night!! :P

Did any of you look at monitors?

I only copped on that I'm 5.5 months rather than 4.5 months last night!! :P

I ended up getting the venti too in the coffee colour! I love it! Definitely the nicest one I've seen within our budget! :) I haven't started looking yet, I'll prob just get a cheap one just to have, as my apartment is so small!

Jillapino wrote: »
    I ended up getting the venti too in the coffee colour! I love it! Definitely the nicest one I've seen within our budget! :) I haven't started looking yet, I'll prob just get a cheap one just to have, as my apartment is so small!

Venti is coming into my choice of travel system along with infrababy now! :P But think I'm drifting towards infrababy because I know it is good on our roads.

I found Tomy monitors on Amazon so prob will just get that one- don't want anything fancy just something that will do the job :D

Venti is coming into my choice of travel system along with infrababy now! :P But think I'm drifting towards infrababy because I know it is good on our roads.

I found Tomy monitors on Amazon so prob will just get that one- don't want anything fancy just something that will do the job :D

I was between the infababy and the venti but went with the venti as I wanted to see it before I bought it! And infababy didn't do free returns! We're getting the isofix from a friend who had the baby elegance travel system too! So that one less thing off the list and defo needed as our car is a two door! Struggling to come up with names we both like and that aren't too common! Boys names are so hard!!!

We didn't really start discussing names yet, we'd just tell each other whenever we see a name we like and see what we think- don't really have any although I'd love Irish names that ain't too common- I can see they're discussing this in Sept thread at moment! ;)

Did anyone find out the sex? We're keeping it a surprise! :)

Had the harmony test done so found out its a girl from that. Haven't a clue about names yet. Hoping something will leap out at us at some stage! Went for an Irish name the first time around but nothing is jumping to mind this time...

I'm 22+5 weeks and this morning and yesterday have started feeling a little bit nauseous in the mid morning again. Any one have a slight recurrence of morning sickness at this stage? Thought I was over that by now!

Had the harmony test done so found out its a girl from that. Haven't a clue about names yet. Hoping something will leap out at us at some stage! Went for an Irish name the first time around but nothing is jumping to mind this time...

I'm 22+5 weeks and this morning and yesterday have started feeling a little bit nauseous in the mid morning again. Any one have a slight recurrence of morning sickness at this stage? Thought I was over that by now!

Yeah I'm 22 weeks and I got sick one night last week didn't feel well next day either! So I don't let myself think that I'm over it anymore ;)

Getting so excited now time is ticking away too slowly!! Everyone telling me I won’t feel it coming round but seems aaaages away til bubs is here!

Oh Disney and jellyandicecream I had a random bout of morning sickness at around 22 weeks too, was weird cos I never vomited (felt lousy plenty of times tho) in the first tri but I did that morning, thankfully it only happened the once and have been fine since! 26 weeks today eeeek :):):)

• Advertisement

We didn't really start discussing names yet, we'd just tell each other whenever we see a name we like and see what we think- don't really have any although I'd love Irish names that ain't too common- I can see they're discussing this in Sept thread at moment! ;)

I'm having a boy! I couldn't wait to find out! We had a private scan at 17 weeks! Delighted! We all thought it was gonna be a girl! Shopping for the clothes is so fun! But I realised I don't like baby blue! So he will be in grey, navy or green or cream! Haha 😂 I'm 22 weeks and feel time is going so slow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

We have found out the sex, having a little girl. We have a just turned one year old boy so are over the moon but of course, it wouldn't matter once baba was healthy. We've decided to switch to private care. Mrs was in 2 weeks ago for a check up and was waiting for almost 3 hours to be seen publicly so we contacted the consultant we used on number one and he is charging us a pro rata price rather than the full whack. It's worth it for the private room. Mrs has had strep b previously and on this pregnancy too so baba will likely be put on antibiotics when they are born, just in case, and that will mean she will be in for 3 or 4 nights, a private room is a must for that duration for us. So far so good anyway.

We have her name picked already and when we talk about her we use her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I'm having a girl.

I'm 23 weeks today. No return of nausea but I feel like the baby is trying to break my spine. It's the worst when I lie down at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 naturalgems18

I'm having a girl too! 
    I'm 24 weeks and also having problems with my back - it's been at me since around 11 weeks. Going to the physio this week so hopefully that'll help a bit.

I always had sore back but it is worse now I'm pregnant so will be going to someone soon, just need to make an appointment.

I booked hynobirthing workshop with a local lady so she will be coming to our house a week on Friday! :D I read Marian Morgans' book on it and like the idea of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

DisneyDiva - I would love to hear how the hynobirthing lesson goes, please fill us in!

Currently 23+3, have our anomaly scan next week, am a bit nervous. Will find out the sex that day though, so looking forward to that part!

Getting awful heartburn at the moment, waking in the middle of the night with it too. Anyone have any tips?

We are currently renting our place at the moment and the couches are very uncomfy, so we are thinking of buying an armchair so we can feed the baby easier, anyone have any suggestions? I can't imagine I'd ever use the rocking chairs they sell in mothercare etc again.

Was glad to see that others had been feeling queasy again here, I was the same for the last week or so. Nice to know I'm not alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

DisneyDiva - I would love to hear how the hynobirthing lesson goes, please fill us in!

Currently 23+3, have our anomaly scan next week, am a bit nervous. Will find out the sex that day though, so looking forward to that part!

Getting awful heartburn at the moment, waking in the middle of the night with it too. Anyone have any tips?

We are currently renting our place at the moment and the couches are very uncomfy, so we are thinking of buying an armchair so we can feed the baby easier, anyone have any suggestions? I can't imagine I'd ever use the rocking chairs they sell in mothercare etc again.

Was glad to see that others had been feeling queasy again here, I was the same for the last week or so. Nice to know I'm not alone!
    OH has been getting heartburn throughout, we are 25+3(our first). She props up her pillows at night, manages her diet as best as possible, things like sauerkraut work to balance the stomach acid for her. Her gp said she's happy for her to take small amounts of ranitidine as of last week. She would only took them sparingly even before the pregnancy.

Of course I will let yas know how it goes :D she posted out this book called calm birth method and I'm halfway through it already- seems good so far.

I don't really get any heartburns so I don't have tips but I can see few have it so hopefully yas will find something that helps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We have found out the sex, having a little girl. We have a just turned one year old boy so are over the moon but of course, it wouldn't matter once baba was healthy. We've decided to switch to private care. Mrs was in 2 weeks ago for a check up and was waiting for almost 3 hours to be seen publicly so we contacted the consultant we used on number one and he is charging us a pro rata price rather than the full whack. It's worth it for the private room. Mrs has had strep b previously and on this pregnancy too so baba will likely be put on antibiotics when they are born, just in case, and that will mean she will be in for 3 or 4 nights, a private room is a must for that duration for us. So far so good anyway.

Just for info, I was treated for strep b on both mine....first I was in for five days because waters broke first and she needed antibiotics.But second, i was discharged the next day.I think it may depend on how your labour goes, waters breaking etc.I will be treated again this time round too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I had strep b previously and at my birth reflection she said I might be given a choice to have a swab or chose the antibiotics. Whether the baby needs antibiotics or not depends on the coverage they get during labour apparently. My first was very short so only an hour IV antibiotic for me and he was then kept on a 48hr hold to keep an eye on him. Hoping to get better coverage in labour this time

Advertisement