Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August 2018

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi All,

Just regarding Maternity claims - I rang the office yesterday. Am due to finish on the 10th of August and I sent my forms in about 6 weeks ago! They did send a text to say they had received them.

When I rang, they said they are currently processing claims starting the week of 23 July so lots of us here won't hear anything for at least 2 weeks.

Bit of a joke to be fair, obviously they are short staffed and have people on holidays.

Just thought I'd let everyone know as I was a bit anxious over it too!

Am glad I'm not alone with the heat, I am so sick of it. Finding it very hard to sleep and then go to work in the morning.

DisneyDiva - we appear to be due at a similar time - am due between 6.5 and 8.5 weeks!!! Could well be a September baby.

My bump has dropped a bit so have lots of pelvic discomfort when walking and started to get some Braxton hicks last week (not painful, bit like period pain).

Hope everyone is holding up! Exciting/Nervous times ahead :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Does anyone have a list of essential items that we should put in the hospital go-bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Does anyone have a list of essential items that we should put in the hospital go-bag?

We got one in the neo-natel classes we attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Nessel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

davo2001 wrote: »
    We got one in the neo-natel classes we attended.

Ah ok. We're only starting our classes this week.
    Nessel wrote: »

That's great thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Just had a scan with the obstetrician earlier... I'm 35 weeks tomorrow. Baby is measuring 6 pound 11 already :-o

Looks like she's going to be a whopper... my poor lady parts :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

OH is 34 weeks today, getting close now. Maternity and paternity leave sorted, everything of importance (i think!) bought. Not really in a rush to do up the nursey as baby will be in our room for the first few months.

Antenatal classes done.

Had a scan done on Monday, all good, current weigth 4lb 9oz.
    Washed all the new clothes we had bought over the last few months yesterday, excited and terrified at the same time!

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

I have my growth scan next week! 35 weeks now. Still no word from mat leave office, presumably will hear soon, might give them a buzz!! Getting real indeed at this stage :eek:

Minier81 wrote: »
    I have my growth scan next week! 35 weeks now. Still no word from mat leave office, presumably will hear soon, might give them a buzz!! Getting real indeed at this stage :eek:

Yea I haven't gotten confirmation on my maternity leave either, other than a text to say I was in the system and they were dealing with applications due before a certain date first.

Yea I haven't gotten confirmation on my maternity leave either, other than a text to say I was in the system and they were dealing with applications due before a certain date first.

That exactly what I got too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 traceystacey

I'm due to start my maternity leave next week and got a letter in the post yesterday confirming that I would be receiving it and how long for

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭al_E_kat

1 week til due date and 1 week til August!! Bag of nerves here now but also want baby here!! Hope everyones well

4 weeks left for me!! The fact that it's officially August next week gas made it all feel very soon and real!!! No eve nearly ready yet!!
    You won't feel it now Al_E

• Registered Users Posts: 39 StellaWu

Hi Folks, checking in here as I was due last Saturday and looks like I will have an August Babs on my hands! Hope ye all well.

Due tomorrow! Had my due date/40 week appointment yesterday, head down but still not engaged so midwife more or less said to me that I could be looking at induction :( Said with a first pregnancy head usually engages a few weeks before delivery, but you never know....so basically she wouldn’t commit to anything lol

Back in next Tuesday (if i dont pop in the meantime) with a doc for scan and a peek to see if things have progressed at all and if not will get an induction date. In an ideal world I’d love to go this weekend and be out by Tuesday cos then my OHs pat leave wont start til tuesday and we get as much time at home as a family.....wishful thinking eh? Pray for me girls lol

Welcome Stella..... I feel like I share your pain and I’m not even overdue yet lol hopefully we wont be kept waiting too long x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mrs was in for scan today. Due date isn't til 16th but consultant says he wouldn't be happy to let her go over as baba is big (number one was 8lb 11oz and number two is on target to be bigger) so she is back in Tuesday for a check up and potentially putting an induction plan in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Turns out baba had her own ideas and arrived this morning. Waters broke around 5 and she arrived 6 hours later naturally. Mother and baby doing well, both now sleeping. Daddy boiling like a pot of potatoes in the hospital room!

Congrats Business Cat!

Turns out baba had her own ideas and arrived this morning. Waters broke around 5 and she arrived 6 hours later naturally. Mother and baby doing well, both now sleeping. Daddy boiling like a pot of potatoes in the hospital room!

Awww congrats!

Still waiting here, no stirring yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Congrats. We're due this Saturday so we are playing the waiting game now.

• Advertisement

Oh that brilliant news. Congrats!
    I'm not due for 2.5 weeks but booked for a c at 39 weeks as baby is oblique breech. In for extra obs every few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Purple Lemons

Big congratulations to you all BC, great news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Our little (9lb 2oz) boy arrived 26 hours ago now, three days early. A very long day, he really wanted to stay in there. Mammy was very brave and got through and she even came home with him this evening, much more comfort for her here. Best of luck to everyone else.

On the first official day of my maternity leave, not sure what to do with myself. Dispatched 2 year old off to the creche so currently just lousing about! It's great! Shouldn't probably be cleaning or something... But that nesting thing doesn't seem to happen to me :D

Well he kept us waiting 10 days but we have a baby boy :D Arrived on Sat morning at 5.24am weighing in at 9lbs, 24 hours after my first contraction! (Induction had been booked for Monday was delighted to go myself) He’s so perfect and cute and I can’t believe how lucky I am! I’ll have a bit of a recovery but I don’t even care, all so worth it! Best of luck to everyone waiting on their munchkins :D

Had my wee girl yesterday. 8 pound 11 with a significant mop of hair. One day before her due date. She's a dote :)

Congrats al_e and jelly!! My baby girl arrived last week too. Doing well and great to have her home now :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Just popping in from the September thread to say hi, as my little girl was born a week early via c-section on August 27th. Weighing 6lb11oz she was the smallest of my 3 but is getting to be a bruiser now. Hope you and your little one are all keeping well!

Advertisement