Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Two Scene I - Places to go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

The extra light streaming into the cell burns Kal's eyes. It's been so long since he saw anything more than a red glow.
    'Wha...whats happening? Who goes there?'

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Bandylegs, still blinded by the excess heat, steps into the cell.

'The name be Cleric McGillicuddy. Bandylegs to those who he be friendly with. The masters say ye might be of use to me in the comin' days. What ye know of Dwacatra? Don't tarry now, laddie. I have no love fer the place, me father used ter serve as a prison guard there before he met with an....'

Bandylegs stops himself.

'Ne'er mind. The masters have need fer me in Dwacatra, if ye'd be willin' to accompany me once they explain what the issue be, I can get ye outta here. There's also some other stuff... but I need ter get ter know ye before I decide whether ye can be trusted.... so... what say ye?'

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs, still blinded by the excess heat, steps into the cell.

'The name be Cleric McGillicuddy. Bandylegs to those who he be friendly with. The masters say ye might be of use to me in the comin' days. What ye know of Dwacatra? Don't tarry now, laddie. I have no love fer the place, me father used ter serve as a prison guard there before he met with an....'

Bandylegs stops himself.

'Ne'er mind. The masters have need fer me in Dwacatra, if ye'd be willin' to accompany me once they explain what the issue be, I can get ye outta here. There's also some other stuff... but I need ter get ter know ye before I decide whether ye can be trusted.... so... what say ye?'

Kals eyes widen. 'Truly? You can get me out of here?' he croaks. He hasn't spoken to a real person in what feels like an age. He tosses his head in the direction of the guards; 'and what do these guys think of that? From my estimates I've at least another 480 days left to rot in here.'

He grabs his trousers and throws them on hastily while he speaks. 'Dunno what you want me to tell you, I'm an armourer from a small town called Aston. Bout half a day's ride from Zassan. Pissed off the wrong people, got thrown on the rock for nothing, so I endeavoured to remedy the situation. Heh heh. Headed north from there seeing as how I couldn't return home but those filthy bastards had a call out for me and I was arrested as soon as I walked through the gates here. Been melting away in this cell ever since. Get me out of here and I'll be mighty greatful Mr Legs.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

OOC: Ekbard is now channelling Thor presumably :pac:
    ooc: yeah, that was sort of in response to "at the expense of his social skills " lol. he's still getting used to the effects.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Kals eyes widen. 'Truly? You can get me out of here?' he croaks. He hasn't spoken to a real person in what feels like an age. He tosses his head in the direction of the guards; 'and what do these guys think of that? From my estimates I've at least another 480 days left to rot in here.'

He grabs his trousers and throws them on hastily while he speaks. 'Dunno what you want me to tell you, I'm an armourer from a small town called Aston. Bout half a day's ride from Zassan. Pissed off the wrong people, got thrown on the rock for nothing, so I endeavoured to remedy the situation. Heh heh. Headed north from there seeing as how I couldn't return home but those filthy bastards had a call out for me and I was arrested as soon as I walked through the gates here. Been melting away in this cell ever since. Get me out of here and I'll be mighty greatful Mr Legs.'

Bandylegs averts his eyes to avoid the dangly bits.

'Ahem. Nice to put yer trousers on at least. Look, the masters 'ere have a job fer us near or around Dwacatra. Ye come with me, help me out with yer... ahem... knowledge of the place, and yer free to leave this place. I cannae promise ye safe passage in Dwacatra, the masters of the nearby dwarven city there and mesel' don't see eye to eye. First things first laddie, we listen to what they need of us. Don't be arguin' with no masters now, ne'er a point in that.

Then, if ye be agreeable, I'll give ye some coin so ye don't wander around with yer bits flashin. Ye can pay me back whenever, coin isn't a problem fer me at the moment. Only the basics mind ye, 200GP to kit yerself out.

Of course, if ye not be agreeable... I'll have em throw ye back in here, sadly.

So... what say ye? Shall we get outta this place an' hear what the problem is in Dwacatra?'

• Advertisement

Bandylegs averts his eyes to avoid the dangly bits.

'Ahem. Nice to put yer trousers on at least. Look, the masters 'ere have a job fer us near or around Dwacatra. Ye come with me, help me out with yer... ahem... knowledge of the place, and yer free to leave this place. I cannae promise ye safe passage in Dwacatra, the masters of the nearby dwarven city there and mesel' don't see eye to eye. First things first laddie, we listen to what they need of us. Don't be arguin' with no masters now, ne'er a point in that.

Then, if ye be agreeable, I'll give ye some coin so ye don't wander around with yer bits flashin. Ye can pay me back whenever, coin isn't a problem fer me at the moment. Only the basics mind ye, 200GP to kit yerself out.

Of course, if ye not be agreeable... I'll have em throw ye back in here, sadly.

So... what say ye? Shall we get outta this place an' hear what the problem is in Dwacatra?'

Kal looks down at himself and chuckles at the Dwarfs obvious discomfort 'It's not like you gave me much advance warning yeh know. If you're intimidated by what you see I'll be sure to remain fully dressed while I'm in your company. it's too hot in these blasted dungeons for clothes.'
    He moves towards the almost imperceptible breeze of fresh air that the dwarf has brought with him from the higher levels. He breathes deeply. 'You've not left me much choice. I fear if I stay much longer in here I'll not have much of a mind left to me when I'm released. I miss the smell of fresh air and a breeze at my back. Besides, any enemy of those bastards in Dwacatra is a friend of mine indeed.'

He reaches out his hand, 'you've got yourself an armourer Mr Legs'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

As luck would have it there's a travelling caravan encamped outside the gates, awaiting approval or authorization, or maybe the dwarves just don't like the cut off their jib, Othegre cares not so long as they're tired, unobservant and vital. She ducks behind a nearby rocky outcrop.

"ok, girl - listen. I need you to wait over here, out of sight"
    Nir growls a little and whines.
    "I know, I know. I'll be fine. I'm just going to grab a little snack for both of us. Simon told me how, he says it never fails. Camp guards really like have clean teeth, I don't understand it either but Simon says they'll do anything to keep their choppers sparkling. You wait here, I'll bring the prey."

She walks out from behind the rocks and approaches a campfire exactly as she was told to : walk like there's a stone in each shoe and you're holding an egg between your buttocks. It works - she catches a guards eye. Ok - stick to the plan Othegre. Step 1 - the slow wink. He's smiling! Seal the deal! She mimes brushing her molars with a giant two handed toothbrush. He's looking flushed - has she done it wrong? Wait, he's looking around, making sure no one has seen him, HE'S WALKING OVER! Ok ok, step 3, calmly walk out of sight. He's going to be mad when he realises there's not even a sink let alone a toothbrush, be ready!

As the guard rounds the rocks Othegre grabs him and pulls him in close, hitting him with hard eye contact, his eyes go wide and his body a little limp. She almost feels his will snap. Othegre bites in, realising as she does that this is her first kill. There's no going back now.

At first the hunger burns brighter than ever before, a fierce point of heat in her chest, her mouth, her tongue that she can't endure; she rips and rends frantically at the hapless guards throat but it only makes it worse. Just as she feels she can bear no more it suddenly melts and fills her whole body; her jaw slackens, she lets the crimson flow wash down her chin and neck, trying only to hold on as long as she can before her knees give out and she collapses, sitting awkwardly on the ground. It's nearly a minute before she has the wherewithal to let Nir have her fill, another 5 before she feels she can stand.

The plan! Okay. Remove the evidence. She's covered in the stuff! Her leather bodice is wipe clean but the cloak is ruined. Ok, burn it, take the cloak off next time. The guard! His throat and now face gave been severely mauled, she just needs to remove the tell-tale human-sized bite marks from his neck and this could just be the work of an angry raccoon. Her order forbid the use of blades... Loophole! She produces table cutlery from her pocket. As she begins the slow work of carving punctured flesh and sinew from bone she asks Nir to keep watch. This might take a while.

Kal looks down at himself and chuckles at the Dwarfs obvious discomfort 'It's not like you gave me much advance warning yeh know. If you're intimidated by what you see I'll be sure to remain fully dressed while I'm in your company. it's too hot in these blasted dungeons for clothes.'
    He moves towards the almost imperceptible breeze of fresh air that the dwarf has brought with him from the higher levels. He breathes deeply. 'You've not left me much choice. I fear if I stay much longer in here I'll not have much of a mind left to me when I'm released. I miss the smell of fresh air and a breeze at my back. Besides, any enemy of those bastards in Dwacatra is a friend of mine indeed.'

He reaches out his hand, 'you've got yourself an armourer Mr Legs'.

Bandylegs eyes the man's hand.

'Aye. Let's hope it's not a mistake, laddie.'

He shakes his hand and turns to the guards.

'This man is free...for now, the masters declare it. Take us to the chambers, I need to know more about this quest they want to send us on.'

Kal grabs the few possessions he still has and follows Bandylegs out of the cell. He enjoys the taste of freedom and can't help but grin maniacally at the guards as he passes. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

sKeith wrote: »
    If you say you need me, and its something that a foreniger can't do, then do your convincing." Ekbard lowers the drink, contemplates and says, "This drink, I like it,", he smashes the empty container on the ground while proclaiming "ANOTHER!"
    The man grinds his teeth and his face twists a bit in anger "This is your bloody homeland you insolent little....", he calms himself.

"Look I can see that you have little ties to our people and don't care much for the island, so I'll try a different tact."

He leans forward.

"So our island, it turns out, really was part of an afterlife. The way the mystics tell it, it was the afterlife of some race out in another material plane. Well their world had a racial war of some kind and most of that race was killed. So now their afterlife is jammed. Barely any space. That makes our island prime real estate. Their leader is a fella called Kuldur, he organised an invasion around 15 years ago. We pushed him back, now we need lads like you again.

If your people won't convince you, maybe the loot will. These guys are more advanced than the dwarves in some ways. I'd say their stuff would rake you some coin."

• Advertisement

Tigger wrote: »
    To the osinzir embassy with the haste of a x2 hafling
    Goodie finds the caravan of tents and palanquins, which has been guided to the city's main square, opposite the temple of Vergadain.

Other halflings are part of the embassy, note takers and scribes. An impressively tall human seems to be part of the weapon making guild, or at least he has an array of bows behind him.

Fourier wrote: »
    The man grinds his teeth and his face twists a bit in anger "This is your bloody homeland you insolent little....", he calms himself.

"Look I can see that you have little ties to our people and don't care much for the island, so I'll try a different tact."

He leans forward.

"So are island, it turns out, really was part of an afterlife. The way the mystics tell it, it was the afterlife of some race out in another material plane. Well their world had a racial war of some kind and most of that race was killed. So now their afterlife is jammed. Barely any space. That makes our island prime real estate. Their leader is a fella called Kuldur, he organised an invasion around 15 years ago. We pushed him back, now we need lads like you again.

If your people won't convince, maybe the loot will. These guys are more advanced than the dwarves in some ways. I'd say their stuff would rake you some coin."

Ekbard eyes light up, "Eventually, now you're talking my language, what do you need me to do?"

Kal grabs the few possessions he still has and follows Bandylegs out of the cell. He enjoys the taste of freedom and can't help but grin maniacally at the guards as he passes. :D
    "Smartarsed little git, I should slap yer bloody head you fecking cunny licking..." the guard devolves into crude and base insults as BandyLegs and Kal are lead back to the masters. Entering the temple they smile.

"So you have found him McGillicuddy. He may not look like much, but still he escaped from the rock. He has a propensity for nudism and given the ungainly human form this can be difficult to look at, but we sense a kind heart in this one."

Ekbard eyes light up, "Eventually, now you're talking my language, what do you need me to do?"
    "When you get a chance, take a boat from Zassan to Pulstan to Kabbar beach. We can talk there. They have an installation of some sort we'd like destroyed. Anything you find is yours."

"Smartarsed little git, I should slap yer bloody head you fecking cunny licking..." the guard devolves into crude and base insults as BandyLegs and Kal are lead back to the masters. Entering the temple they smile.

"So you have found him McGillicuddy. He may not look like much, but still he escaped from the rock. He has a propensity for nudism and given the ungainly human form this can be difficult to look at, but we sense a kind heart in this one."

Bandylegs snorts.

'Nudism, aye ye could 'ave told me. Listen, I feel my time growing short here, I have many things to do... and people to clothe properly.

What do ye need of us in Dwacatra, and how can this laddie help me?

Also... can ye tell me the names of the dwarven warriors that'll be joinin me at least. I like to know those I go inter battle with. I trust ye'll be making the necessary payment arrangements fer them... including their weapons. And just how skilled be they? I'd like a sixth, the best we have, to test 'im in non lethal combat against our best, Ekbard. Just te see what they be capable of.

If Ekbard wins, the sixth stays with the fighter. If he loses, I'll only ask fer 3 fighters instead of 5... what say ye?'

"When you get a chance, take a boat from Zassan to Pulstan to Kabbar beach. We can talk there. They have an installation of some sort we'd like destroyed. Anything you find is yours."

Ekbard asks, "Sounds simple enough, but can't you pay for a dragon to fly me there, I've gotten used to flying dragon class, and boat sounds so slow and boring now."

[OOC: As a wise man once said to me:

:p I accept my nudism gracefully]

Ekbard asks, "Sounds simple enough, but can't you pay for a dragon to fly me there, I've gotten used to flying dragon class, and boat sounds so slow and boring now."
    The man laughs. "Pay a dragon, sure, maybe I'll ask the demogorgon for a tax cut as well"

He puts enough coin for the drinks on the table.

"Just think about it lad. I'm off to try another of you wanderers."

He heads out off the tavern.

Ekbard grumbles, "Cheapskate!"

If Ekbard wins, the sixth stays with the fighter. If he loses, I'll only ask fer 3 fighters instead of 5... what say ye?'
    "Aye, that'd be Dorardas Smeltmaster, Fomdaed Noblebender, Nuramnuil Pebblegut, Bukhoic Axehand, Rassoun Chainheart. Our best is Barikhek Hardhelm. Why would we accept this bet? Your warrior is a human, their fighters, especially good ones, surpass ours. This is known, it's why there has never been a dwarven empire. We'd simply lose a great warrior. You'll need something else to convince us."

• Advertisement

Ekbard looks around the travern for anyone who may have overheard the conversation he just had with the stern laughing man.

Ekbard looks around the travern for anyone who may have overheard the conversation he just had with the stern laughing man.
    A table of dwarves nearby may have overheard.

"Aye, that'd be Dorardas Smeltmaster, Fomdaed Noblebender, Nuramnuil Pebblegut, Bukhoic Axehand, Rassoun Chainheart. Our best is Barikhek Hardhelm. Why would we accept this bet? Your warrior is a human, their fighters, especially good ones, surpass ours. This is known, it's why there has never been a dwarven empire. We'd simply lose a great warrior. You'll need something else to convince us."

Bandylegs thinks for a moment.

'Ok. If that be the case, if Barikhek can win, all the coin from the mission to Dwacatra I earn will go to the temple here in Vergadain.... unless ye have another idea in mind?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Goodie finds the caravan of tents and palanquins, which has been guided to the city's main square, opposite the temple of Vergadain.

Other halflings are part of the embassy, note takers and scribes. An impressively tall human seems to be part of the weapon making guild, or at least he has an array of bows behind him.

Hello guys

Ekbard stays seated, and with his elbows on the table and this head in his hands, looking at the table, in mock thinking to himself style, and listen hard, trying to hears scraps of the converstion from their table, fully expecting to hear drawf speak, but listening out for mentions of familiar words.

Bandylegs thinks for a moment.

'Ok. If that be the case, if Barikhek can win, all the coin from the mission to Dwacatra I earn will go to the temple here in Vergadain.... unless ye have another idea in mind?'
    "That is a very different proposition and one we accept"

'Aye. Send Barikhek. Ekbard be probably in one o'the local taverns about this time. I won't even tell 'im... it'll make a fine show fer the locals.'

Bandylegs sees the thief looking agitated and refocuses.

'Anyways, we need to be goin'. So the information ye have about Dwacatra if ye please... and then we'll be on our way.'

Tigger wrote: »
    Hello guys
    The other halflings scoff.

"Look a northerner. Our race seems to not agree with the Northern climes."

The Osinzir weaponer turns.

"Ignore them. You're all halflings to me. You have come for something, weapons I would imagine. Aren't you a bit young for adventuring?"

Ekbard stays seated, and with his elbows on the table and this head in his hands, looking at the table, in mock thinking to himself style, and listen hard, trying to hears scraps of the converstion from their table, fully expecting to hear drawf speak, but listening out for mentions of familiar words.
    Ekbard picks out the word "Neros".

• Advertisement

'Aye. Send Barikhek. Ekbard be probably in one o'the local taverns about this time. I won't even tell 'im... it'll make a fine show fer the locals.'

Bandylegs sees the thief looking agitated and refocuses.

'Anyways, we need to be goin'. So the information ye have about Dwacatra if ye please... and then we'll be on our way.'
    "Dwacatra has had a riot, as we said. What we didn't say was that the riot is headed by Doraggen Dragonslayer. A gold dragon hunter, he has almost brought them to extinction, an incredibly ruthless and cruel dwarf. We would advise not confronting him.

No, we simply require that old records are removed from the prison. The prisons annals contain obscure information, in the early years many strange prisoners were housed there, when we were friendly with the elves. Details on them may prove useful in the years to come.

Also an ancient idol of our race, a granite statue. We need it taken from the prison before Doraggen learns of it. We would not like him to get his hands on it. It can be found in the old guard station #5 on the prisons 4th floor.

If you can only perform one of these tasks, ensure it is the latter."

Advertisement