Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D Act Two Scene I - Places to go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Necrominus wrote: »
    'She died doin what she loved best, m'lady - helpin' those she considered friends... I am truly sorry fer yer loss. I considered Xanthea a very close friend.

And Citra has asked me ter help ye... tis the least I can do. But I cannae promise yer guard fella outside will make it out of this city. He made his bed when he threatened me.'
    "Poor Xanthea, she really felt a calling...."

They all pause in reflection.

"What of the body, there is a chance our Clerics in Osinzir could, perhaps....restore her. She is royalty after all and not long dead. Is the body in a decent state?"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Fourier wrote: »
    "Poor Xanthea, she really felt a calling...."

They all pause in reflection.

"What of the body, there is a chance our Clerics in Osinzir could, perhaps....restore her. She is royalty after all and not long dead. Is the body in a decent state?"

Bandylegs pauses.

'Aye. We buried her on the mountain outside the lodge I were tellin' ye about. Deigned it too dangerous ter bring her back down, sadly... and just as well.'

He launches into the story about the army of undead the party encountered on the way back down.

'I'd offer ter go back up there with ye to reclaim her body... sadly Vergedain sends me in a different direction fer now. If yer fancy pants guards fancy the trek though, tell em not ter go inter the pit. Foul things lurk within.'

Bandylegs grabs a quill and ink from the table and draws a rudimentary map up the mountain and the location of Xanthea's body.

'She did wish ter be buried up there though... there are things I kept from ye, fer fear it was not common knowledge.'

Bandylegs reluctantly explains about Duncan and what Xanthea relayed to the party with her final wish, and how they are buried beside one another on the mountain top.

OOC: If I don't this could come back to bite me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

The owner is pleased to see Goodie.

"Sorry to disappoint, but you have me stock near cleared out Sir. 'Fraid it'll take me a week or two to make those explosive arrows again"

ok make me 200 and have them ready on my return they are an excellnt addition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Ekbard asks the gem appraiser, "What do you mean OUR gem? Its not your gem! Its not darrowtown's gem! The Gem belongs to the great big golden dragon that I flew into this town on. The Rank Warhammer the third decreed it so. So shut your bloody mouth you twisted old fool." Ekbard throws the remains of his ration at the gem appraisers head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooc: so the dwarfs lung can stretch to fit me in? Do I have to dig my way out or mist back out?

• Advertisement

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc: so the dwarfs lung can stretch to fit me in? Do I have to dig my way out or mist back out?
    OOC: Sorry, you cannot demist in a confined space like that.

Othegre can hear the commotion, still curled up in Khukhit's lung.
    OOC: Sorry, you cannot demist in a confined space like that.

Ooc : so......I'm still mist?

Ooc : so......I'm still mist?
    OOC: Yes, you're coiled within his lungs and digestive system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

"Come with us when we speak to the dwarves this evening"
    Flak shuffles his feet outside the tent where the dwarf is meeting with the ambassadors of Osinzer waiting on the nobles call. He can overhear the dwarf when the guard stops grumbling.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Khukit's corpse trembles and unleashes a ferocious fart, expelling Othegre who resolidifies. She stands a moment, shocked, but then addresses the crowd :
    "You all saw that! He tried to eat me up and **** me out! Me - a messenger of Vergedain! Just because I'm not some fine dressed high born, because I'm not /worthy/ to talk to the masters. "
    She carefully picks up the silver edged axe by the handle and raises it aloft.
    "You don't worship a dwarven god in a temple like some spindle-legged human" (she spits the word) " - you worship him in the rock, under stone, under mountain. For too long they've sat their in the Ivory tow- uh- barrows getting fat on the sweat of your brow, the toil of your picks, the break of your backs. No more! NO MORE!"

• Advertisement

When the ration hits the gem appraiser's head, his face goes lava read. He stamps on the spot shouting crude racial slurs like "stone-deaf" at EKbard.

"You'll get yer bloody come-uppance ye dandy feckin prancin' little..."

It's then that Goodie hits him. He turns around ready to rip Goodie's head off when Othegre emerges and begins speaking.....and by Vergadain it makes sense.

The rest of the crowd seem to be agreeing.

"Yeah, who are these bloody Masters any way, what gives them the right to decide how the city is run?"

A few dissenting voices point out that they are imbued with power from a literal god and evidently possess it as they use it everyday, but to no avail. The crowd in general leaves the site of the murder and begins a protest march on the temple.

Tigger wrote: »
    ok make me 200 and have them ready on my return they are an excellnt addition
    "200?! I'll certainly try" He opens a massive ledger after Goodie is gone. Fulfilling this order ain't going to be easy,

Othegre very carefully removes the silver bolts from the crossbows, takes the lot. She also searches the body for anything of value and pockets it. Then she goes looking for an undertakers

Necrominus wrote: »
    Bandylegs grabs a quill and ink from the table and draws a rudimentary map up the mountain and the location of Xanthea's body.

'She did wish ter be buried up there though... there are things I kept from ye, fer fear it was not common knowledge.'

Bandylegs reluctantly explains about Duncan and what Xanthea relayed to the party with her final wish, and how they are buried beside one another on the mountain top.
    The tall woman pauses and considers.

"Best to leave her then. Although the mausoleum in Osinzir has a place prepared for her bones, it sounds like that is where she would be happiest. Always the romantic. Oh Xanthea...."

She takes a minute to compose herself. She continues slowly

"On a practical level these beings sound dangerous beyond measure. I cannot risk the embassy on such an expedition.

However Xanthea's death has ignited old political struggles. I hear you may need access to Ursula's tomb. Our family holds the key. To earn it, I would like you to assassinate our second cousin, until recently the court mage, now attempting a coup."

Outside Flak hears this.

Othegre very carefully removes the silver bolts from the crossbows, takes the lot. She also searches the body for anything of value and pockets it. Then she goes looking for an undertakers
    As she pockets the last of the Gold on Khukit, a strange glow suddenly washes over his body and his eyes spring open.

He grabs Othegre by the neck and shouts "forak". Othegre's body grows weak, she can bearly life her arms.

He pins her to the ground and takes back his weapon, loading it and places the crossbow on his back
    "Good thing I've a delayed resurrection spell. Ye think you were dealing with an average dwarf, Khukit of the thousand lives you bitch! And now to give ye what ye deserve!"

He casually leaves and returns with a massive gold-tipped warhammer.

"Vampire, Elf, Human, Dwarf, you name, I ne'er seen a skull survive on o' these point blank at full force."

He raises the hammer over Othegre's head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

OOC: Stomp her

"how many have you got left? Of the thousand? And did you piss the rest of them up the wall brawling in the street or cowering in a temple? Your god lies raped not a days walk from here, and your quarrel is with me? Swing away, chicken ****. Send me on my way. When I see Vergedain I'll be sure to tell him who sent me. And why. You can run from him for a thousand lifetimes but he'll be waiting. Swing!

And don't miss. I was merciful last time. But my mood has taken a sudden downturn.

Oh and there's a dead elf in my hotel room, could you make sure he gets collected before housekeeping find him."

Nir, if you can hear me, I promise I'll change your name to something cool if you rip his throat out and drop it down the drain.

Ooc : let me know if/when I can move

Ekbard, approaches Khukit, "what in the hell do you think you are doing. If you drop that hammer, i'll quarter you and good luck resurrecting into a quartered body. That cleric is a member of my party, and you are threatning her. A threat to her is a threat to me."

The tall woman pauses and considers.

"Best to leave her then. Although the mausoleum in Osinzir has a place prepared for her bones, it sounds like that is where she would be happiest. Always the romantic. Oh Xanthea...."

She takes a minute to compose herself. She continues slowly

"On a practical level these beings sound dangerous beyond measure. I cannot risk the embassy on such an expedition.

However Xanthea's death has ignited old political struggles. I hear you may need access to Ursula's tomb. Our family holds the key. To earn it, I would like you to assassinate our second cousin, until recently the court mage, now attempting a coup."

Outside Flak hears this.

Bandylegs considers this and nods.

'Well lassie, considering Citra will burn me alive should I say no, ye have a deal. I'll need details about yer cousin though, so happens we have a sniper halfling amongst our party who would be fit for this task. Sendin' him with a few protectors rather than stormin' the gates might be the best option.... I'll warn ye though, he won't do it fer free. A few GP fer the man or woman that kills yer cousin would be a great motivator lass.'

Flak swiftly pushes into the tent. "I'll do it. I'll take care of the mage on condition that I can keep any magic items or book that I find. Let me go with you Master dwarf."
    Thoughts of being court mage, however improbable, lend courage and stoke the fires of his ambition.

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    Flak swiftly pushes into the tent. "I'll do it. I'll take care of the mage on condition that I can keep any magic items or book that I find. Let me go with you Master dwarf."
    Thoughts of being court mage, however improbable, lend courage and stoke the fires of his ambition.

ook
    lol

Bandylegs stands back, surprised at this sudden interruption.

'Ye sure ye'll be able ter handle such a dangerous mission lad? I'll let ye come with us, Vergadain knows we could do with a lad with magic abilities in the party... but in case ye cannae get the job done, I'll be sendin the Halfling as back up.'

He eyes up the mage.

'Ye'll be needin protection on the road too, I'd say... at least fer now. I'll give ye two o'me dwarven warriors to guard yer back with their lives seein' as ye seem so keen. What say ye?'

"I'll be ready to leave in the morning".

Flak turns to the nobles. "Can you tell us more about the mage and of where the mage is or what his plans are? It would help if we were not in the dark. "

goodienquickly moves tonthe shadows and prepares to shoot a standard arrow into the man attacking hisbfriend

Khukit eyes Ekbard and glances back to Othegre.

"Not worth the effort, I'm not getting into combat with a human of that strength and skill. Be glad you have such powerful friends lass."

He walks past Ekbard.

"It would have been close laddy, probably interesting. Not worth your only life though. Just be careful, I've fought them before. In time it will be less and less your friend."

He whistles off back to the temple.

"I'll be ready to leave in the morning".

Flak turns to the nobles. "Can you tell us more about the mage and of where the mage is or what his plans are? It would help if we were not in the dark. "
    "He does not yet have the materials or strength to make for himself a place of power, so he has secluded himself in Adil, Northwest of Osinzir itself, but ostensibly our territory. The town is quite loyal to him, the local militia would be on alert for attacks on his person. However as foreigners he may view you as a possible source of help, so I doubt you would be attacked.

We've tried to kill him before, but some magic trick always saves him. I fear this has caused him to be seen more favourably by some, as he has never openly attacked us and yet we attempt to kill him. That and technically he should be the king...by the old laws."

Ekbard helps Othegre to her feet, "Get up girl and stop playing silly buggers with the guards", he then walks back to his cart to wait some more.

An unassuming dwarf walks up to Ekbard.

"You the human named Ekbard? Masters said I'm to fight you, in the tavern. Name's Barikhek"

To barikhek, "Do you want to fight me? Why would these masters want you to fight me, and why fight in a tavern?"

• Advertisement

"Part of a bet between the masters and some BandyLegs fella, they said the tavern would be good so as to give the people a show."

To barikhek "Look here, I'm not a sport fighter, I fight for my life and for treasure. I don't see why I should fight you for the sport of others"

"Fair enough, just doing what the masters asked."

He heads off.

sKeith wrote: »
    Ekbard helps Othegre to her feet, "Get up girl and stop playing silly buggers with the guards", he then walks back to his cart to wait some more.

Othegre wobbles a little.
    "I had him right where I wanted him."
    She shouts after Khukit "yeah, you better run, 999!"
    "But thank you. So, you scared off my problem, you want me to rupture this guy's lungs from the inside? What do you say, Barikhek? It's a show! Although it's something of a rerun now..."

ah go on eky fightvhim

Othegre wobbles a little.
    "I had him right where I wanted him."
    She shouts after Khukit "yeah, you better run, 999!"
    "But thank you. So, you scared off my problem, you want me to rupture this guy's lungs from the inside? What do you say, Barikhek? It's a show! Although it's something of a rerun now..."

id have killed him if hed taken one more step
    and again if hed taken another
    your a wierdo no messing but your our wierdo

• Advertisement

"To you magically rupturing my lung, I assume that's how you'd do it, well....obviously no thanks."

He continues off.

"To you magically rupturing my lung, I assume that's how you'd do it, well....obviously no thanks."

He continues off.

whats the rules , ibshoutvafter the dwarf

The dwarf stops and turns.

"Nonlethal fight with that Ekbard fella. If ye win, I go work with the lot of ye. Why ye thinking ye'd like a shot?"

Ekbard is suddenly interested, "non lethal you say, and you come work with us. I like you barikhek, but why didn't you lead with that"

The dwarf stops and turns.

"Nonlethal fight with that Ekbard fella. If ye win, I go work with the lot of ye. Why ye thinking ye'd like a shot?"

yeah why not

• Advertisement

Othegre sighs.
    "Don't we have a dwarf? They're rude to me! I'm not traveling with 2! That would be a nightmare."

Othegre sighs.
    "Don't we have a dwarf? They're rude to me! I'm not traveling with 2! That would be a nightmare."

life is hard get used to it

Ekbard laughts at Othegre, "I've already asked another by the name of kundunli to join us, so we already have two"

Othegre sighs.
    "You're in fer a real nightmare then missy. I think that BandyLegs is bringing a few of us. Strong Dhurn Daral accent on the fella no?

o' nearby.....o' nearby...." he attempts BandyLegs's voice "You know like that, the way they say the R....no? Maybe we all sound the same to ye"
    "non lethal you say, and you come work with us. I like you barikhek, but why didn't you lead with that"
    "Most likely I should have Master Ekbard"
    yeah why not
    "The halfling has skill I can tell. Warm up bout with himself, then the real deal with Master Ekbard?"

"You're in fer a real nightmare then missy. I think that BandyLegs is bringing a few of us. Strong Dhurn Daral accent of the fella no?

o' nearby.....o' nearby...." he attempts BandyLegs's voice "You know like that, the way they say the R....no? Maybe we all sound the same to ye"

"Most likely I should have Master Ekbard"

"The halfling has skill I can tell. Warm up bout with himself, then the real deal with Master Ekbard?"

i cointvslowly to myself tryingbto sooth the rage within

"D'Jor split you!" Othegre screams. She flings the wineskin at Barikhek. "Here. If the Devilrider doesn't liquidize you with a single punch, give this to a cleric. They might listen to you. I'm too tall and hairless, they don't trust my smile. For Jammai's sake don't drink it yourself. It's God's blood."

She winks at the halfling - "try not to kill him Trevor!" - And leaves looking for an undertakers

toubewady dwarf

She leaves looking for an undertakers
    He catches the wineskin, with a look of surprise.

"She's a lively one, isn't she? So young man, coming to the tavern for a fight?"

He smiles at Goodie.

ook aomeone gy bandy
    i want my hands blessed by god

He catches the wineskin, with a look of surprise.

"She's a lively one, isn't she? So young man, coming to the tavern for a fight?"

He smiles at Goodie.

sound bud

• Advertisement
Advertisement