Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Two Scene I - Places to go

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Tigger wrote: »
    er no
    "That's the spirit!" he smiles and prepares for the coming blows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    "He does not yet have the materials or strength to make for himself a place of power, so he has secluded himself in Adil, Northwest of Osinzir itself, but ostensibly our territory. The town is quite loyal to him, the local militia would be on alert for attacks on his person. However as foreigners he may view you as a possible source of help, so I doubt you would be attacked.

We've tried to kill him before, but some magic trick always saves him. I fear this has caused him to be seen more favourably by some, as he has never openly attacked us and yet we attempt to kill him. That and technically he should be the king...by the old laws."

When Bandy takes his leave Flak pushes for more information.

"When you tried to kill him previously was it by force, by magic or by stealth? I have no interest in court politics, yet. But I think the dwarf might be interested in one thing, what were Xantheas thoughts on the mage?

I have need of some potions but I don't have coin for them. Would the court see fit to financing me. 100 gold should see to my expenses."

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Othegre finds the undertakers. She also finds Khukit's little nephew, sobbing as he looks through the wares. She stamps loudly and cries "your uncle is dead and now I'm comin' for you! Oh, it's on, little man!"

Ooc : everyone else is Dwarf wrestling, I'm feeling left out!

She laughs at the boy's rabbit-in-a-blender expression, closing the distance between them at an amiable pace and giving him an overly enthusiastic hug. "Worry not, young dude, for your uncle yet lives - I only murdered him the once and he seemed to take it pretty well, he was whistling when he left with his 999 remaining lives. Terribly rude man, all the same. So, tell me Steve-Dave - can I call you Steve-Dave? - if you were to die right now which box would you want to be buried in? Because I'm feeling a bit peaky myself. I like to be prepared!"

Ooc : can I get a price on a me-sized coffin? Just a single for now, still waiting for that special someone..

Goodie's fist connects with Barikhek and sends him flying into a group of three elderly dwarves enjoying an evening ale. The table is turned over and knocked to the floor.

Barikhek picks himself up.

"No that was a blow, time to get serious."

His expression hardens.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Gentim undraws a Scimitar.

"A dwarf has challenged me, for the honour of Lady Xanthea I will take his heart back to Osinzir and place it within the king's garden. May it bring her solace."

OOC: Nope

Bandylegs laughs.

'The only place ye'll be goin lad is me mountin' yer head on me horse.

Bring it ye lily livered piece o'sh1te!'

Bandylegs draws his axe for the fight.

• Advertisement

OldGoat wrote: »
    When Bandy takes his leave Flak pushes for more information.

"When you tried to kill him previously was it by force, by magic or by stealth? I have no interest in court politics, yet. But I think the dwarf might be interested in one thing, what were Xantheas thoughts on the mage?

I have need of some potions but I don't have coin for them. Would the court see fit to financing me. 100 gold should see to my expenses."
    "100GP is a trifle" the tall woman tosses him a pouch of coins. "Osinzir is wealth incarnate.

Xanthea thought little of him, off on the road adventuring and doing her father's work, some distant second cousin mattered little. He has only become trouble recently, having magically learned of her death. Possibly foresaw it.

We have attacked him by stealth and force. We did not consider magic, as he is the best in Osinzir at the craft."

Pub Brawl:
    Goodie lands another blow. Barikhek staggers back and wobbles a bit. He straightens himself in time and kicks at Goodie's chin, but it goes wide by half a foot.

He wipes the blood from his chin.

"Good halfling, good.....THIS IS A REAL BLOODY FIGHT!!!!"

The tavern cheers.

The city square:

A stare off commences as the combatants pace each other.

The crowd gathered holds its breath.

The Osinzir grips his Scimitar tighter than a lover going to war, sweat can be seen rolling from his brow, was this wise? Of course it is for the princess, yet still his hands tremble.

BandyLegs, steel champion of Dwarrowtown, cleric of Vergadain, stares unmoved.

An old dwarf chews grain. A child swallows. A light mountain breeze sweeps the square. A bird takes flight from a roof.

The two weapons flash, so fast that some would say years later that they could not tell who had struck whom.

A pause.

A wet sliding sound.

The Osinzir's left and right halves gently separate and collapse to the ground.

The crowd cheers.

"CLERIC, CLERIC, CLERIC, CLERIC, CLERIC, CLERIC, CLERIC, CLERIC, CLERIC!"

Pub Brawl:
    A gigantic fourteen year old fist plows into Barikhek's face. The crack makes the bartender wince. He drops to the floor, knocked out.

"Smelling salts quick" shouts one of the patrons.

They are fetched and he is slowly brought back to his senses.

"...........master halfling, truly you are a great fighter. It would be an honour to enter your service."

He looks dazed at Ekbard.

"If you are this group's best, then surely I stood no chance."

Bandylegs stands over the fallen guard, smirking.

'Be there any other lily livered Osinzir lad who wish ter challenge me?'

He collects the remains of the guards head and wears it like a hat, staring down the four remaining guards.

• Advertisement

"Seemed like a completely fair and honestly won challenge to me Sir BadyLegs" one of the guards quickly replies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

scoops ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

scoops ?
    "This has been fun, I'll be in my cart sleeping", Ekbard leaves the tavern and returns to his cart.

scoops ?
    "On me of course" says Barikhek.

The bartender brings out three fresh cool ales.

Banjo wrote: »
    So, tell me Steve-Dave - can I call you Steve-Dave? - if you were to die right now which box would you want to be buried in? Because I'm feeling a bit peaky myself. I like to be prepared!"

Ooc : can I get a price on a me-sized coffin? Just a single for now, still waiting for that special someone..
    The boy is slack-jawed with horror and doesn't respond, but Othegre does see a fetching coffin in the window of the undertaker's shop.

"Seemed like a completely fair and honestly won challenge to me Sir BadyLegs" one of the guards quickly replies.

Bandylegs laughs again.

'Aye. Think carefully laddies afore triflin' with a dwarf. Let that be a lesson to ye.'

He turns on his heel and enters the tavern a short walk away, still wearing the guards head as a hat. There he spies Goodie with a beaten up dwarf.

'I see ye've been busy too, lad. Any ale fer me?'

The boy is slack-jawed with horror and doesn't respond, but Othegre does see a fetching coffin in the window of the undertaker's shop.

"How much is that coffin in the window" Othegre sings, "the one with the velvety trim? How much is that coffin in the window? Oh I do want that coffin for him!" She points at the nephew and leers.

"Seriously, does anyone work here? I have places to go! People to alienate! SERVICE!"

OOC : I'm happy to assume she just buys it but I need a price! Otherwise she'll keep singing...

Banjo wrote: »
    "How much is that coffin in the window" Othegre sings, "the one with the velvety trim? How much is that coffin in the window? Oh I do want that coffin for him!" She points at the nephew and leers.

"Seriously, does anyone work here? I have places to go! People to alienate! SERVICE!"
    The store owner plugs his ears.

"Vergadain's might! Will ye shut up, 100GP and take it!"

Othegre immediately regrets not buying a cart first, and drags the coffin like a too-pale Django through the barrows and tunnels of the market quarter, picking up a cart, a horse, a lockable chest (price?), suitable feed for both the horse and wolf and a burlap sack for Saeros' corpse.

With transport secured she returns to her room at the inn. Nir meets her at the door.
    "oooooh who's a good girl?Who's a good girl? Nir's a good girl!" The wolf shies away from her.
    "Well if you wanted a cool name you should have torn that Dwarf's throat out like I asked! Don't give me that look, you know what I'm talking about. I can talk to all the wolves in the world! ….Can't I?"
    The wolf lies down and stares balefully up at her unhinged mistress. Othegre tries to reach out to her but nothing's happening. Have her powers waned? Is it like the mist thing that comes and goes?
    "Wait, are you still pissed off about the name?"
    Bark!
    "What do you care? A name's a name, I'm feeding you aren't I? Simon, did you put her up to this … I KNEW IT!... He is *not* our friend! How many times has he tried to kill us? And I mean just today?... Fine, not us, me! Nice to know where you stand, 'pal'. Fine. What does she want to be called?.... She has never expressed any interest of the sort!"
    The dog emits a tuneless howl.
    "…That was not singing! She sounds like she's been shot!... D'jorlover! Well what's a good verse word?... I'm not calling her Stanza! Stanza is a terrible name for a wolf! Well… maybe if I drop a letter or two… A what? What's an Aria?"
    The wolf perks up.
    "Aria?"
    Bark!
    Othegre sighs. "You could have been Throat Ripper. Remember that. You'd have been beating the wolf boys off with a stick with a name like that."

She bundles Saeros' corpse into the sack, labels it "To : Forest" and drags it all out to her covered wagon.
    She then heads to the first tavern that looks like it's patronised by travellers and hirelings than more bloody dwarves. "Barkeep, I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman but... No, that's it, I'm a weak and feeble woman with places to go. Know ye of any men, strong of arm and uh.. quick to heal that might be looking for work?"

tl;dr : All my **** is in a locked box on a covered wagon. I took Saeros's corpse and stuff, if you want the cloak from thurmonton, ask.
    DM, I'm looking to hire 2 non-Dwarf retainers, ideally one with high constitution/fast healing so I can use him/her as a top-up should the need arise.

goodie quffs his ale
    so tuesday my name is trevor
    where d you learn to foghtvlike that
    and can youbteach me

• Advertisement

Bandylegs walks up to Goodie and notices he looks a little hurt.

'Ah laddie, careful tanglin with us dwarves! Listen, I feel the need to apologise to ye. I lost me cool on the mountain and tried to butt ye. Ye must know, I have me reasons. Would a healin' spell close the wounds b'tween us?'

Bandylegs awaits a reply but readies to cast Cure Light Wounds on the young Halfling veteran.

goodie smiles and nods meaningfilly

goodie smiles and nods meaningfilly

'Aye lad. Here ye go. Hope this helps.'

Bandylegs casts Cure Light Wounds on the halfling

The Osinzir's left and right halves gently separate and collapse to the ground.
    Completely lost in thought Flak walk between the two halves of the guard without noticing, leaving a trail of bloodied footsteps that even a blind salamander could track. He heads the quartermaster to purchase equipment and from there to his tavern to pack, to plot and to study.

He thinks on the intimidating metalodwarf and on the enchanted boy/halfling. and what a strange turn his life has taken in the last few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Kal enters the tavern to a scene of mayhem and destruction. Tables are overturned, half of the tavern are bloodied in some form or other, and everyone is laughing jovially.
    'What sort of madness have I let myself in for?' he muses.

He spots Bandylegs speaking with a large Halfling and heads over. 'Mr Legs, I'm all kitted up and ready to go. What has happened here at all? Is this the Halfling you spoke about? Good to meet you sir, my name is Kalgay Sharpshard but you may call me Kal'.

Hi Im Trevor

and this is Tuesday, hes gonna teach me to fight

Mollyb60 wrote:
    He spots Bandylegs speaking with a large Halfling and heads over. 'Mr Legs, I'm all kitted up and ready to go. What has happened here at all? Is this the Halfling you spoke about? Good to meet you sir, my name is Kalgay Sharpshard but you may call me Kal'.

Bandylegs notices Kal and nods.

'Aye, ye look well kitted laddie. Dinnae mind the bar here, just a bit o'roughousing with the two lads here. *motions to other dwarf and halfling*
    Me on t'other hand, some frilly lad thought it wise t'speak ill of Bandylegs. I introduced 'im to me axe.

Poncy bugger, with a fancy sword.. oh that reminds me. Wait there!'

Bandylegs leaves the inn and walks back over to the mess in the town square. He picks up the dead guards scimitar and then heads for the bank where he deposits 7000GP into his own account. He stops briefly to speak to the teller.

'I presume Citra picked up her due I left her afore I headed up the mountain, 1400GP was her share from Thurmonton.'

Then he heads to the stables, tosses the stable hand 50GP for taking care of his horse. He mounts Shadowflame, rides back to the tavern and hops off. Leaving the scimitar in his saddlebag
    OOC: Encumbrance now back to 1
    He pulls out the studded leather armour he has had since Soetrard. He dusts it down, smirks a little and enters the tavern again.

'Told ye I'd be back. Here ye go Kal. Studded leather armour as I told ye. Now, once the magick lad appears we must be nearly good to go.'

He regards the dwarf beside Goodie.

'Summon the rest o'the warriors lad, have em meet us all at the gate. Ekbard is probably there already, t'ignorant sod.'

Bandylegs sits back down for a few moments, drinking his ale and relaxing for what will probably be the last time for a while.

I drive my two donkey powered cart to the assembling caravan at the gates and nod a greeting to the warrior waiting on a cart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,631 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Kal regards the armour and nods. 'Aye twill do rightly for me. If I had more time I'd be able to create my own armour but I've none of my tools here and not even a forge to work with.' He looks around at the gathered group and all the horses, 'Hm, it looks like I may fall a bit behind the group if I'm relying on my own 2 legs. I must remedy this.' He shouts over to Bandylegs, 'Cleric, I'll meet you at the gates, I'm going to see a man about a horse.'

He speeds to the nearest stables and procures a sturdy looking horse and feed for 20 days and hands over the 76GP. He also purchases a saddle and saddle bags and loads up his new horse with his gear.

Happy with his shopping spree, and feeling like a proper adventurer, he heads to the city gates to wait for the rest of the group.

Advertisement