Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Turtwig wrote: »
    Given that he's on a free in the summer and who is his agent is, it is plausible .

It's more likely £300k a week and his signing bonus and agents fee spread out over the term of his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Be hilarious if Sanchez decided to pull a lazy man, not be arsed, and utd had to try offload a player on 500k a week to another club. Be very hard to shift Sanchez if he was getting those wages.

Yeah it would be totes hilarunny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Given that he's on a free in the summer and who is his agent is, it is plausible .

Nah, its still not actually plausible. Useful for jabs and all that, things never have to be true even remotely for that obviously, but not actually set in any sphere of reality.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Wasn't Rooney making 300k in the papers a few years back when he was actually on much less than that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Media will always exaggerate wages as clubs won’t discredit them by calling them out on it as they would have to release the real figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Listening to the Totally Football or The Times The Second Captains podcast yesterday.

Messi is being paid just over €1m a week.

It's done through a number of different means and payments to different companies.

Football leaks reported recent he's on over 100 million PA.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/lionel-messis-staggering-wages-revealed-11844435

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

FitzShane wrote: »
    Reported now that Sanchez will get over 500k a week, gross. 14m a year net wages.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/17/alexis-sanchez-agrees-four-year-manchester-united-contract-arsenal/

Journalists getting more and more desperate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Urindanger wrote: »
    There is a reason why City got cold feet so fast in which looked like all but a formality for him to sign a few weeks ago. Something is definitely up when City aren't giving in to financial demands.

Not for a second am I buying this whole City pulled out of the deal for financial reasons. There's no reason to believe they have suddenly become this sensible, money conscious club.

They were beaten to a player and are now trying to save face. It ain't working.

There is a reason why City got cold feet so fast in which looked like all but a formality for him to sign a few weeks ago. Something is definitely up when City aren't giving in to financial demands.

Or people lap up all the PR stunts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The deal City had in place in the summer would have ended up being very similar to the one reported to be on offer from United now.

Journalists are a desperate breed now and hard take the majority of them seriously. Most of the crap is pure click bate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Depending on who you support and who signs for who seems to be the criteria in either believing or not believing the wages/fees reported for players .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Depending on who you support and who signs for who seems to be the criteria in either believing or not believing the wages/fees reported for players .

Then there's the folks who don't give a ****e as it's not their money.

It doesn't matter to anyone here if he is getting £500k a week. What does matter is Sanchez will make United better and fills a weak spot in the team.

Him coming in will allow Rashford/Martial to develop better as there won't be as much pressure on either of them to produce now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Then there's the folks who don't give a ****e as it's not their money.

Couldn't care less myself if the club has the money let them spend it. Sanchez is one of the best attacking players in the league and if he had 3 years left on his deal the overall package would seem a bargain. Although in a general sense I'd like the bubble to burst as all wages in the PL for all levels of player are obscene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

emmetkenny wrote: »

Him coming in will allow Rashford/Martial to develop better as there won't be as much pressure on either of them to produce now.

Either that, or one of them will be shipped out on loan to Sunderland or Preston on loan within a year 😊.

I'm doubting City baulked at the actual money alright, probably Jesus not being so badly injured and just getting bogged down in horse trading mid season might have played a part.

Either that, or one of them will be shipped out on loan to Sunderland or Preston on loan within a year ��.

I'm doubting City baulked at the actual money alright, probably Jesus not being so badly injured and just getting bogged down in horse trading mid season might have played a part.

Yeah sure. Di Marzio reported City and Sanchez agreed 13 Million net and 30 Million signing on fee if signed on free transfer, or 15 Million signing on fee if signed in Jan (transfer fee 20 Million for Arsenal)..

Yeah but City baulked at the actual money, nice narrative and PR stunt. Fortunately for them it worked like a charm.

There’s a good chance I’m stupid and might be missing something but 500k a week over 4 years is £100 million. Is he not worth that ?

That seems like a good deal to me if no transfer fee is involved. Sanchez is proving that he is only interested in money by choosing to go where he gets the most money. Nothing wrong with that so long as he performs and there’s no obvious reasons or signs he won’t be a fantastic signing.

The bit I don’t get is the rhetoric that other players will come asking for the same money and that ex professionals and journalists are spouting this nonsense.

If a player walks in and says ‘I want as much as him’ then it is simply pointed out ‘we paid 30,40,50 or 60 million for you and we pay you 100k a week over 4 years’ so in the case where a club paid 50 million and 100k a week that equates to a 70 million package. That’s what we think you are worth. You are not Alexis Sanchez and when you are that good then come back with that same request.

It’s not complicated is it ? Sanchez is getting his market value (fee club didn’t have to pay to get him) and his weekly earning potential combined over a 4 year period.

I know my figures are slightly off but if we guess they are paying 30 million up front and 100 million in wages over 4 years then 130 million seems about right for Sanchez.

Tevez was another ‘mercenary’ but it didn’t stop him mostly being the best player on the pitch for every club he played for and winning titles with the clubs he played for.

I see Sanchez as a Tevez lite and I think he’ll be as good as he can be every time he plays.

Quality player. Quality signing. Jealous as fcuk we can’t afford him.

There’s a good chance I’m stupid and might be missing something but 500k a week over 4 years is £100 million. Is he not worth that ?

That seems like a good deal to me if no transfer fee is involved. Sanchez is proving that he is only interested in money by choosing to go where he gets the most money. Nothing wrong with that so long as he performs and there’s no obvious reasons or signs he won’t be a fantastic signing.

The bit I don’t get is the rhetoric that other players will come asking for the same money and that ex professionals and journalists are spouting this nonsense.

If a player walks in and says ‘I want as much as him’ then it is simply pointed out ‘we paid 30,40,50 or 60 million for you and we pay you 100k a week over 4 years’ so in the case where a club paid 50 million and 100k a week that equates to a 70 million package. That’s what we think you are worth. You are not Alexis Sanchez and when you are that good then come back with that same request.

It’s not complicated is it ? Sanchez is getting his market value (fee club didn’t have to pay to get him) and his weekly earning potential combined over a 4 year period.

I know my figures are slightly off but if we guess they are paying 30 million up front and 100 million in wages over 4 years then 130 million seems about right for Sanchez.

Tevez was another ‘mercenary’ but it didn’t stop him mostly being the best players on the pitch for every club he played for and winning titles with the clubs he played for.

I see Sanchez as a Tevez lite and I think he’ll be as good as he can be every time he plays.

Fantastic post covering so many aspects of the deal.

It's a straight swap, so no fee is involved (except number changing in the books).

Paul Hirst reported sanchez will get 350K plus rest is image rights and all that. Mkhitaryan earns around 150K-180K. So the difference is around 200K per week (around 10.5 Million).

So if he signed 4 year contract that 42 Million plus his agent fee and signing on fee. Roughly 60 Million to upgrade Mkhitaryan to Sanchez.

Well worth imo considering how good Sanchez is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It doesn't matter to anyone here if he is getting £500k a week. What does matter is Sanchez will make United better and fills a weak spot in the team.

Couldn't care less myself if the club has the money let them spend it. Sanchez is one of the best attacking players in the league and if he had 3 years left on his deal the overall package would seem a bargain. Although in a general sense I'd like the bubble to burst as all wages in the PL for all levels of player are obscene.

Tevez was another ‘mercenary’ but it didn’t stop him mostly being the best player on the pitch for every club he played for and winning titles with the clubs he played for.

Be gone with your sensible, well thought out posts, they have no place in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Firstly it's 104 million then there is the fact it's not 4 years but 4.5 years which is actually 117 million. Secondly there is a 20 million sign on fee plus agents fees of 5. Then there is Micky going the other way meaning you lose a few on him which cold have been about 30 million.

So Sanchez is actually costing closer to 172 million

Is he worth that? Only time will tell. But he certainly isn't a bargain

• Advertisement

Mr.H wrote: »
    Firstly it's 104 million then there is the fact it's not 4 years but 4.5 years which is actually 117 million. Secondly there is a 20 million sign on fee plus agents fees of 5. Then there is Micky going the other way meaning you lose a few on him which cold have been about 30 million.

lol

Basically No one knows the figures.. Cross admits to those being exaggerated in this..

https://twitter.com/johncrossmirror/status/953911533029003264

mistake post

Pogba is on around £200-£250k a week, as far as I'm aware he's one of the highest earners at United. Theres no way the club would pay someone double what their highest earners are on, they'd only be causing problems come negotiations with current players.

He's their best player the last two years. The players won't care what the club's paid for them because they don't get that, they care about what they are paid. If you were Pogba would you be happy a guy coming into the club gets twice what you do?

I don’t think you go shopping in the world class bins looking for a bargain.

Also I don't understand this obsession with wages. If not players, owners will pocket the money, No way fans will get any benefits from the profits.

Also Manutd have 45% ratio of wages to revenue which is best in the league and IIRC in Europe. So they are in very good position to throw few more millions to get the player.

On one end we have seen Arsenal and to an extent Liverpool fans having a go at owners for not spending money, now we have few who are having a go at club which is spending the money (money generated by club) to improve their team.

Giggsy11 wrote:
    lol

So which part am no wrong?

The lols are only going at the desperate transfer buddy

Pogba is on around £200-£250k a week, as far as I'm aware he's one of the highest earners at United. Theres no way the club would pay someone double what their highest earners are on, they'd only be causing problems come negotiations with current players.

He's their best player the last two years. The players won't care what the club's paid for them because they don't get that, they care about what they are paid. If you were Pogba would you be happy a guy coming into the club gets twice what you do?

Or maybe Pogba will know the actual wages Sanchez is making rather than the ones pulled out of Journalists arse, especially the one who aren't reliable for ManUtd news.

So which part am no wrong?

The lols are only going at the desperate transfer buddy

Whole post, there it is. Answered your post.

• Advertisement

I’m not gonna get caught in a cycle here.

How in gods name do you know ‘they don’t get that’ ?

You are basically saying that all players are too dumb to understand something that is very simple.

I don’t get that.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Or maybe Pogba will know the actual wages Sanchez is making rather than the ones pulled out of Journalists arse, especially the one who aren't reliable for ManUtd news.

That's what I'm saying, the £500k can't be right.

It’s not, even John cross from the Mirror has said they were exaggerated..

John Cross said he heard it's around 400K, Times reported it's 350K and image rights. These are more believable than the numbers reported by butt hurt journalist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

If we take Pogba as an example, when we signed him he was apparently on 290k a week. Over the course of time since signing his wages has dropped in the press reporting to an average of about 210k per week. One paper reported him earning 165k per week with additional payments for image rights and bonus.

The press haven't a clue. Sanchez will be one of the highest paid players in the squad but the 500k after tax thing is farcical reporting from the media

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Reading through the last few pages......

numbers-meme.jpg

The reality is as the majority of us are onlookers in all of this, lets not get too hung up on the numbers, its so far removed from regular life that its not worth investing brain cells in.

John Cross said he heard it's around 400K, Times reported it's 350K and image rights. These are more believable than the numbers reported by butt hurt journalist.

Cross is saying the 400k includes bonuses and image rights

duffman13 wrote: »
    If we take Pogba as an example, when we signed him he was apparently on 290k a week. Over the course of time since signing his wages has dropped in the press reporting to an average of about 210k per week. One paper reported him earning 165k per week with additional payments for image rights and bonus.

The press haven't a clue. Sanchez will be one of the highest paid players in the squad but the 500k after tax thing is farcical reporting from the media

Did Pogba not get a pay rise recently? I remember reading it on the United thread and I thought the figures mentioned were over £200k.

He still wouldn't be the highest earners in the league on that.

I'd say he's probably getting £300k a week and the journos are breaking his fee down to a weekly figure and sticking that on top of his wage to make it look higher.

I'd say he's probably getting £300k a week and the journos are breaking his fee down to a weekly figure and sticking that on top of his wage to make it look higher.

Yeah, bigger the number more the number of clicks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Juan Bernat being linked with Everton. About time they upgraded from Cuco Martina at Left Back.

Giggsy11 wrote:
    Whole post, there it is. Answered your post.

That's just sad

Yea but usually you look for world class players in said bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Yea but usually you look for world class players in said bin

I'm fairly sure you also claimed Sanchez wouldn't get into the Liverpool team over Mane?

Your definition of world class is different to most. No suprise the figures you produce are different to most.

Did Pogba not get a pay rise recently? I remember reading it on the United thread and I thought the figures mentioned were over £200k.

He still wouldn't be the highest earners in the league on that.

I believe he's wage bracket is between 220 - 270 going from the current reported figures

pjohnson wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure you also claimed Sanchez wouldn't get into the Liverpool team over Mane?

Your definition of world class is different to most. No suprise the figures you produce are different to most.

He claimed that Sanchez & Ozil wouldn't get into any team in the current top 4
    That's all you need to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Sensible poster not trolling other fans in soccer forum shocker :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Not for a second am I buying this whole City pulled out of the deal for financial reasons. There's no reason to believe they have suddenly become this sensible, money conscious club.

They were beaten to a player and are now trying to save face. It ain't working.

How were they beaten to a player?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I believe he's wage bracket is between 220 - 270 going from the current reported figures

That's what I was thinking. That's why I think the Sanchez wages are completely off the wall. If it was £300-£320k you could believe it but not £500k.

Imagine the tension in the dressing room if the £500k was correct. Pogba and De Gea (two of United's best players for the last two years) would be on significantly less than Sanchez and they would be correct to be upset considering they burst thier balls on the field for the club. You'd feel completely undervalued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

That's what I was thinking. That's why I think the Sanchez wages are completely off the wall. If it was £300-£320k you could believe it but not £500k.

Imagine the tension in the dressing room if the £500k was correct. Pogba and De Gea (two of United's best players for the last two years) would be on significantly less than Sanchez and they would be correct to be upset considering they burst thier balls on the field for the club. You'd feel completely undervalued.

Maybe they'd be happy that a player who can help them win things has joined? DDG is the highest paid keeper in the world right now and is negotiating a new contract. Pogba probably gets a shìt ton of money from Adidas due to being the face of both them and United now basically. It's not as simple as the basic wages in the contract.

Also I think I asked before somewhere but got no answer. Were there no agents or signing on fees for Van Dijk/Coutinho? Are they working for free? Don't remember seeing 50 articles about it anyway...

• Advertisement
Advertisement