Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

yabadabado wrote: »
    It's crazy to think they don't mind paying 75m for a CB that's more or less unproven but wouldn't touch Sanchez
    at half d transfer fee.
    Much difference over the course of a contract in both deals?

Not sure they would consider Van Dijk to be unproven having played in the PL for 2 and a half years for Southampton and even played European football at Celtic. Plus given his age and how long centre-halves can go on for they probably saw him as someone who could be the lynchpin of the defence for the next 6 or 7 years.

Plus in smashing your wage structure like that for someone how long would it take until say Salah or Firmino's agents were looking for something similar probably arguing with some justification that their clients are just as good if not better and quite a bit younger as well.

At the moment the top earners are at more or less the same level with Van Dijk earning the most as he just arrived but Firmino will be offered a new contract very soon by all accounts and I wouldn't be surprised if Salah is also offered a new one in the Summer. They will all be in the 150K to 180K range though I imagine once they sign new deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He has played in a one team league and at a mid table EPL club. A good CB but has shown nothing to date that would convince me that he is worth his fee.
    My point still is the same over the course of the contract I doubt there is a huge difference in cost.

Take all the costs of VVD into account and it will be very similar to Sanchez contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not sure they would consider Van Dijk to be unproven having played in the PL for 2 and a half years for Southampton and even played European football at Celtic. Plus given his age and how long centre-halves can go on for they probably saw him as someone who could be the lynchpin of the defence for the next 6 or 7 years.

Plus in smashing your wage structure like that for someone how long would it take until say Salah or Firmino's agents were looking for something similar probably arguing with some justification that their clients are just as good if not better and quite a bit younger as well.

At the moment the top earners are at more or less the same level with Van Dijk earning the most as he just arrived but Firmino will be offered a new contract very soon by all accounts and I wouldn't be surprised if Salah is also offered a new one in the Summer. They will all be in the 150K to 180K range though I imagine once they sign new deals.

If you believe everything that is sensationalized.
    The proposed Sanchez transfer is most lucrative for the player, on a salary of £350,000 per week, and his agent on a fee of around £12million. Less so for Arsenal, who would nonetheless bank the equivalent of £30million in the form of the great doleful Armenian playmaker, Henrik Mkhitaryan.

This is from Sam Wallace, Chief football writer for Telegraph. So within a day, we have gone from 500K per week to 400K to 350K.

Funny how this looks exactly like reported Pogba wages and how football leaks pissed on all the rumors.

Journalism is at an all time low imo.

They don't have a clue but make up some sensational **** and hope for the clicks.
    United being the biggest show in town will obviously get this treatment the most.

They don't have a clue but make up some sensational **** and hope for the clicks.
    United being the biggest show in town will obviously get this treatment the most.

Its obvious when you check which journalists are reporting and where they source their information.

Btw check Manchester evening news paper, Man City section. Some of the desperate articles are just hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Is Simon Stone reliable? I thought he was, and he's reporting the astronomical figures.

Is Simon Stone reliable? I thought he was, and he's reporting the astronomical figures.

AFAIK, Simon Stone never reported wages before. He says about transfers when they are about to be done. This looks like he was reading Matt Law's report.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Giggsy11 wrote: »

This is from Sam Wallace, Chief football writer for Telegraph. So within a day, we have gone from 500K per week to 400K to 350K.

Funny how this looks exactly like reported Pogba wages and how football leaks pissed on all the rumors.

Lads he was talking about smashing Liverpool wage structure. Our highest paid players are below £200k, the club wouldn't pay anyone £350k.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Saw a headline on SSN this morning "Chelsea have not denied making an approach for Peter Crouch, according to Sky Sport sources". This left me wondering did anyone even ask them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

emmetkenny wrote: »

Lads he was talking about smashing Liverpool wage structure. Our highest paid players are below £200k, the club wouldn't pay anyone £350k.

Man Utd and Liverpool operate on different financial levels.. Utd can afford to pay much higher wages because they dwarf Liverpool when it comes to money.. Liverpool operate within their means just like Utd do..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

emmetkenny wrote: »

Man Utd and Liverpool operate on different financial levels.. Utd can afford to pay much higher wages because they dwarf Liverpool when it comes to money.. Liverpool operate within their means just like Utd do..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

ziggyman17 wrote: »

This is exactly it. Utd have the biggest squad in the league 24 senior players even the likes of city and Chelsea are up against it there. Jose has 6 CBS to choose from Pep has 4. Utd had lukaku and IBRA out they can still call on martial or rashford to lead the line. Utd have the biggest wage bill in the league because they earn so much money. This is an advantage Jose has over all other managers in the league. They can also go toe to toe on nearly all transfer deals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

This is exactly it. Utd have the biggest squad in the league 24 senior players even the likes of city and Chelsea are up against it there. Jose has 6 CBS to choose from Pep has 4. Utd had lukaku and IBRA out they can still call on martial or rashford to lead the line. Utd have the biggest wage bill in the league because they earn so much money. This is an advantage Jose has over all other managers in the league. They can also go toe to toe on nearly all transfer deals.

Nice to see a few sensible posts when it comes to crazy amounts in football. What United Spent on the transfer of Pogba was only third in the list of turnover compared to fee paid. I can’t find the graph now but if my memory is correct I think Rio Ferdinand still tops the list for %from the profit made the season before, to transfer fee paid.

Nothing wrong with clubs operating within their means as the money filters down. Like United pay Juve millions, Juve then pay millions to Napoli, Napoli then spend the money on various players looking for the next multi million pound player

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Nice to see a few sensible posts when it comes to crazy amounts in football. What United Spent on the transfer of Pogba was only third in the list of turnover compared to fee paid. I can’t find the graph now but if my memory is correct I think Rio Ferdinand still tops the list for %from the profit made the season before, to transfer fee paid.

Nothing wrong with clubs operating within their means as the money filters down. Like United pay Juve millions, Juve then pay millions to Napoli, Napoli then spend the money on various players looking for the next multi million pound player

https://i.redditmedia.com/38Zt5PLj_3X6Ft2YkTi21ltxZ3A_283k6GXRTc7xO24.jpg?w=549&

4e7149358b1af771b09a84cfc7f28250--annual-turnover-man-utd-fc.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Turnover on its own just isn't a metric you can use to compare anything with..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Bayern get their man with little trouble yet again. They've got themselves a right belter of a player there. You'd imagine someone will throw silly money at Vidal in the summer now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

AdamD wrote: »
    Turnover on its own just isn't a metric you can use to compare anything with..

There's an article about which shows the wage bill as a percentage of clubs turnover. There's a redline which if passed can end up with a club doing a Leeds.
    United are comfortably under that line, Liverpool are dangerously close to it and Middleborough are basically fooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,160 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

There's an article about which shows the wage bill as a percentage of clubs turnover. There's a redline which if passed can end up with a club doing a Leeds.
    United are comfortably under that line, Liverpool are dangerously close to it and Middleborough are basically fooked.

Do you have a link for this article?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Quazzie wrote: »
    Do you have a link for this article?

It's on twitter.

DTkfDi1XkAAgZMP.jpg

Link to tweets : https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/952826949256261633

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So then are Chelsea going to get a transfer ban for their youth signing controversy?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/18/chelsea-accused-fifa-breaking-rules-signings-25-minors

Obviously it'll happen if it does in either Summer or January 2019, given the current state of squad they might have to recall a few loans they might have been intending to sell on and promote a few of the brightest Academy talents at Cobham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

So then are Chelsea going to get a transfer ban for their youth signing controversy?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/18/chelsea-accused-fifa-breaking-rules-signings-25-minors

Obviously it'll happen if it does in either Summer or January 2019, given the current state of squad they might have to recall a few loans they might have been intending to sell on and promote a few of the brightest Academy talents at Cobham.

from the rumours that are going around, maybe a transfer ban would be for their own good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Southampton linked with Quincy Promes. Great signing if they pull that off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Corholio wrote: »
    Southampton linked with Quincy Promes. Great signing if they pull that off.

Liverpool should hijack that deal if it is for 30m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

MD1990 wrote: »

Cut out the middle man for a change!

• Advertisement

Liverpool were heavily linked with Promes last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

MD1990 wrote: »

Yes, saves them having to do a dalliance with the Saints and pay over the odds in a few years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Burnley agree a fee with Everton for Aaron Lennon.

I guess that means they will cash in on Scott Arfield who is linked with West Ham/Crystal Palace/Brighton

pjohnson wrote: »
    Burnley agree a fee with Everton for Aaron Lennon.

I guess that means they will cash in on Scott Arfield who is linked with West Ham/Crystal Palace/Brighton

Zaha back to Utd then? :p (okay wrong wing...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

^Ah that's bad form Rumple considering Lennon has struggled pretty bad with mental health issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Urindanger wrote: »
    ^Ah that's bad form Rumple considering Lennon has struggled pretty bad with mental health issues.

Oh I didn't know that. I'll delete it.

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/954457187354525696

BBC reporting that Chelsea have made contact with Stoke for Peter Crouch.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/954451897167032320

BREAKING: @OfficialBHAFC sign striker Jurgen Locadia for a club-record fee of £14.1m from @PSV. #SSN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

https://twitter.com/BBCSport/status/954457187354525696

BBC reporting that Chelsea have made contact with Stoke for Peter Crouch.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Di Marzio:

Dzeko keen on Chelsea move and Emerson Palmeiri headed to Chelsea.

"In Emerson, #Chelsea may be landing the next great Brazilian wingback. He’s close to a move in exchange for €20-25 million to Roma."

Emerson reported to be on his way to London to complete the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Emerson Palmeiri headed to Chelsea.

There's an Emerson Lake & Palmer joke in here somewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arsenal have made an official bid of €50m for Aubameyang.

Arsenal surely wasting their time with that offer. lad is in his prime and I think it's 3 years left on his contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Arsenal surely wasting their time with that offer. lad is in his prime and I think it's 3 years left on his contract.

I really think BVB want rid of him now and have a price in mind whichever team hits that price can have him.

I don't think that price is going much more than €60m myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

They want 60, and a team accepts your first offer you're doing it wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

BVB saying today that there has been 1 email in the last 24 hours with Arsenal stating they would like to talk to Dortmund about the player. Watzke went on to state no financial offer was made and its much too early for it.

I would assume they will push Arsenal/Auba to about €70 million or start talking to the Chinese again. BVB are still annoyed at Wenger speaking about the player publically before official contact and Aubas father being seen in London with Wengers people. What people forget is that BVB have about 120 million sitting in the bank and dont need the money.

Have it from a very good source that Aubas family are pushing for the move to England to pocket the agents fees and they are not as interested in China as certain family members wouldnt be allowed into the country. The lad is living with and feeding about 20 family members in Dortmund and is also maintaining family in Milan. His brother played in the German 4 division for a club in Essen a few years back and made no secret of it that they were all telling him how to spend his cash and living from his income.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/ST_Sport/status/954822611724324865

The Times, Madrid to offer £200 million for Kane.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/954820939786674176

The Mail, Bayern enter the race for Emre Can.

https://twitter.com/GraemeBailey/status/954831797526855681

Dortmund unhappy with earlier offer but a deal will be done for Aubameyang.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

ERG89 wrote: »
    He's a goal machine, hope he does turn up, was saying it at the start of the season why no one was in for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

But its not as entertaining :(
    Like hes a top striker, there is nothing random about a top striker moving to a top club
    I'd even cut Big Andy some slack, but the Crouch link killed me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I suspect part of those links were Chelsea saying to Roma "look we are considering other options too"

Turtwig wrote: »
    I suspect part of those links were Chelsea saying to Roma "look we are considering other options too"

Ah the old "I'm flirting with other girls trick"
    Wait they are flirting with the aul ugly girls though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

irishman86 wrote:
    I'd even cut Big Andy some slack, but the Crouch link killed me

Crouch has 3 PL goals this season, Carroll has 2. Both were very grim.

Crouch has 3 PL goals this season, Carroll has 2. Both were very grim.

Oh i know, im purely basing it on the fact Carroll could still have a great season again someday
    Crouch not so much

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/954930559905599490

"#Aubameyang has now total agreement with Arsenal for his contract until 2021. Salary: €10M/season.
    Arsenal have started official talks with Borussia Dortmund to reach an agreement... but BVB are going to ask €60M to sell Auba. Let's see"

Advertisement