Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

GavRedKing wrote: »
    City have announced that KDB has signed a contract extension at the same time that Utd announced Sanchez.

Is it me or does it seem petty and trying save face or was it a happy coincidence? :pac:
    it's beginning to feel that winning in social media is almost as important as winning football matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

City have announced that KDB has signed a contract extension at the same time that Utd announced Sanchez.

Is it me or does it seem petty and trying save face or was it a happy coincidence? :pac:

Small time club with a small time mentality sure

Go a long way to beat that welcome to Manchester billboard though :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

City fan: united knew kdb was in the works and waited until the day to announce Sanchez.

Utd fan: salty blues waited until we had Alexis to announce kdb.

Most probable: both clubs were in heavy negotiations. Both clubs set their own schedules. It was well known kdb was due this week. Likewise it was only a matter of time before Sanchez. Coincidence occurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Trying not to like Sanchez but just saw a picture of his two golden retrievers and it's tough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Turtwig wrote: »
    City fan: united knew kdb was in the works and waited until the day to announce Sanchez.

Utd fan: salty blues waited until we had Alexis to announce kdb.

Most probable: both clubs were in heavy negotiations. Both clubs set their own schedules. It was well known kdb was due this week. Likewise it was only a matter of time before Sanchez. Coincidence occurs.

But how is the Humour thread supposed to get loads of posts with talking normal sense like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Corholio wrote: »
    Well since he was first quoted as saying it 9 years ago before he was even at Dortmund I'd say he's in no danger of being put in that category.

Yeah sure it's his boyhood team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

One of the morning papers saying Dortmund want Giroud as part of the deal for Aubameyang or else they'll postpone any move until the Summer.

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/955770903522095104

Di Marzio: City ready to pay Laportes buyout clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

One of the morning papers saying Dortmund want Giroud as part of the deal for Aubameyang or else they'll postpone any move until the Summer.

Bigger problem for the moment may be the fact that the German court dealing with the bomb attack on the BVB team bus last year have called Aubameyang and Bartra as withness´ on Monday next. The state prosecutor and judge were affraid that both players would be away from Dortmund before being called and as a result have called them as witnesses well before it was originally planned.

Maywell see some movement now as the BVB lawyers agreed with the fear of the judge and laughed at the idea that both would soon be leaving Germany. Arsenals people were seen leaving the same lawyers office on Sunday in Dortmund ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

pjohnson wrote: »
    Today Chelsea are linked with Arnautovic.

Callum Wilson/Troy Deeney should be linked over next 48 hours.

Nope Islam Slimani today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I’m surprised Chelsea haven’t been linked with resigning Sturridge yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Every player they have been linked with is a plan b style lump to the big man player. Don’t think Sturridge falls into that list..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Inter Milan have made a loan move for Liverpool's Daniel Sturridge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42790515

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jaysus, dont wish that on us.

Being linked with one injury prone English Cf was bad enough. :o

Palace sign Polish defender Jaroslaw Jach

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Full back or CB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Full back or CB?

CB

Kenedy joins Newcastle on loan.

Conte must be certain they have Emerson

CB

He did say that with Kenedy going there will be a replacement or he'll work with a youth player.

Full back or CB?

He's a CB

Young, bit of potential.
    Not sure if he a cert starter for Palace so possibly backup?

CB

Tomkins place under threat now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Tomkins place under threat now

Martin Kelly I see what your up to here ha.

Martin Kelly I see what your up to here ha.

Thanks god! I thought he would be over Tomkins! I can’t afford to play mind games I’m not that good ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Looks like Pep may go 3 at the back.

City are after Laporte.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

MD1990 wrote: »
    Looks like Pep may go 3 at the back.

City are after Laporte.

Pep doesnt go for players who have turned him down previously
    I think it was his bff on sky that said this :pac:

irishman86 wrote: »
    Pep doesnt go for players who have turned him down previously
    I think it was his bff on sky that said this :pac:

€70 million on another defender,he has quite the expensive collection of them now.

Speaking of lots of money,Conte saying Chelsea can't compete with United and City financially.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/955932388311425025

M!Ck^ wrote: »

If he plays sxxt, that headline has written itself...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Speaking of lots of money,Conte saying Chelsea can't compete with United

Certainly is odd to see them linked with who they have been this month anyway & publically he feels out of the loop there so hasnt confirmed or denied anything. If they could pull this off it'd help. Roma play Sampdoria tonight.

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/956081966276927488?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I always thought Dzeko was a great player and didn't get a fair crack at City at all, mainly down to the prolific little Kun keeping him out of the team. He still scored plenty and would do the business, short-term at least, for Chelsea. Certainly a better option than Carroll or, God help us, Crouch.

The bit I don't understand though is he is 32 on Paddys Day and the league is already gone so we are talking about a short-term solution to a long-term problem. He might still be OK next season but there aren't too many prolific 34 year old centre forwards so he will need replacing again the season after. When you consider Chelsea probably have half a dozen young forwards on loan elsewhere you would have to wonder what is really going on strategy-wise. I wonder does Conte even chat to Abrahamovic, or send the odd email maybe? His messages all seem to be coming through the press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

d4414abe27fca22a3ab41b974368757f.png

Back home.

32 the number he had when he made his Feyenoord debut all those years back.

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/955951963140747266

Ballague being stupid again.

"Laporte will probably sign a 4 and half year deal, will be able to play the CL. City will pay his buy out clause of €65m plus €5m in development rights. Even though not the tallest, fast, can play from the back, left footed. Evans was considered at £20 (+ £4m for agent)"

Not the tallest?

Laporte is 6'3".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

"Laporte will probably sign a 4 and half year deal, will be able to play the CL. City will pay his buy out clause of €65m plus €5m in development rights. Even though not the tallest, fast, can play from the back, left footed. Evans was considered at £20 (+ £4m for agent)"

Not the tallest?

Laporte is 6'3".

“Expert” :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Not the tallest?

Laporte is 6'3".

Exactly, he is not the tallest person in the world. Cutting edge reporting yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

So every one of City's back four cost over £45m? Wow.

City have the league wrapped up already and will probably spend £100m in the winter transfer window on Fred and Laporte.

FFP is a charade, should just give PSG and City free reign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I always thought Dzeko was a great player and didn't get a fair crack at City at all, mainly down to the prolific little Kun keeping him out of the team. He still scored plenty and would do the business, short-term at least, for Chelsea. Certainly a better option than Carroll or, God help us, Crouch.

The bit I don't understand though is he is 32 on Paddys Day and the league is already gone so we are talking about a short-term solution to a long-term problem. He might still be OK next season but there aren't too many prolific 34 year old centre forwards so he will need replacing again the season after. When you consider Chelsea probably have half a dozen young forwards on loan elsewhere you would have to wonder what is really going on strategy-wise. I wonder does Conte even chat to Abrahamovic, or send the odd email maybe? His messages all seem to be coming through the press.

He'll definitely give ye a boost this year to secure a top 4 finish and be a good back up next season while a new forward ( that ye can afford ;) )beds in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭paulbok

Not the tallest?

Laporte is 6'3".
    No mention of wages? agents fees? Bonuses?
    Must be only United that pay those.

Maybe or Probably should be the title of Guillem's autobiography

paulbok wrote: »
    No mention of wages? agents fees? Bonuses?
    Must be only United that pay those.

The agents fee would be the standard cut as they are triggering the release clause. No need to backchannel with agents = no massive fee like Sanchez.

Signing fee's are more common place in deals where the player is out of contract (or down to the final 6 months)

Lukker- wrote: »
    So every one of City's back four cost over £45m? Wow.

City have the league wrapped up already and will probably spend £100m in the winter transfer window on Fred and Laporte.

FFP is a charade, should just give PSG and City free reign.

Quick look at who Pep has signed in the back 4:

Bravo - 17m
    Ederson - 35m

Mendy - 52m
    Walker - 45m
    Danilo - 26m
    Stones - 47m

Thats before you add in Mangala (42m) and Otamendi (28m) who arrived before Pep.

Total = 292m :pac:

José is a Cheque book manager tho and Pep nurtures players

• Advertisement

José is a Cheque book manager tho and Pep nurtures players

No manager in the PL is not a cheque book manager; the only difference is the size of the cheques; as the academies produce damn all & when they do they rarely are given a proper opportunity.

Just about to say it, every manager in charge of a big club is a cheque book manager really.

The nature of the job is, if you dont have instant success you'll be sacked.

So are you going to buy a 30/40/50m player or risk the promising the teenager from the youths?

Its very rarely the latter.

Sky.

"Jack Rodwell has gone on trial at Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem. The midfielder, who earns £70,000 per week at Sunderland, has no future on Wearside."

Gone from the future of England's midfield to a trial at Arnhem.

Just about to say it, every manager in charge of a big club is a cheque book manager really.

The nature of the job is, if you dont have instant success you'll be sacked.

So are you going to buy a 30/40/50m player or risk the promising the teenager from the youths?

Its very rarely the latter.

I don’t dispute this at all! I’m just on about the hypocritical media! Pep has his praises sung for Sterling...a 50million player... not a peep about Jesse Lingard at United playing exceptionally well and at times keeping Mata & Martial out of the team

I don’t dispute this at all! I’m just on about the hypocritical media! Pep has his praises sung for Sterling...a 50million player... not a peep about Jesse Lingard at United playing exceptionally well and at times keeping Mata & Martial out of the team

United's back 4 on Saturday were all Ferguson signings. Pigs would fly before we'd see Pep fielding one of Hughes or Mancini's players.

United's back 4 on Saturday were all Ferguson signings. Pigs would fly before we'd see Pep fielding one of Hughes or Mancini's players.

It does highlight the scattergun approach to United's signings post Ferguson. Simply throwing money at it failed to work. Whether we like to admit it or not, City had a footballing plan and identity before Pep and that will continue on after Pep too that actually included some long term planning.

• Advertisement

David Silva was a Mancini signing & so was Aguero both are still a key players now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,636 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lukker- wrote: »
    It does highlight the scattergun approach to United's signings post Ferguson. Simply throwing money at it failed to work. Whether we like to admit it or not, City had a footballing plan and identity before Pep and that will continue on after Pep too that actually included some long term planning.

This is something I hope United put in place from now on. If you are going to have a different manager every 3 years it's very important that there's somebody who can oversee a longer term vision.

Putting entire faith in LVG and then sacking him cost United hugely over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

ERG89 wrote: »
    David Silva was a Mancini signing & so was Aguero both are still a key players now.

Kompany was a Hughes signing also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sky.

"Jack Rodwell has gone on trial at Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem. The midfielder, who earns £70,000 per week at Sunderland, has no future on Wearside."

Gone from the future of England's midfield to a trial at Arnhem.

He should be on trial in Sunderland.

Putting entire faith in LVG and then sacking him cost United hugely over the last few years.

Moyes didn’t help either tbf

• Advertisement
Advertisement