Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/955951963140747266

Ballague being stupid again.

"Laporte will probably sign a 4 and half year deal, will be able to play the CL. City will pay his buy out clause of €65m plus €5m in development rights. Even though not the tallest, fast, can play from the back, left footed. Evans was considered at £20 (+ £4m for agent)"

Not the tallest?

Laporte is 6'3".

Well technically hes not the tallest
    Ballague facts

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Joss a Cheque book manager tho and Pep nurtures players

Peps reputation for nurturing players has always been over hyped
    Most of his Barca kids were already in the first team before he got there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

irishman86 wrote: »
    Peps reputation for nurturing players has always been over hyped
    Most of his Barca kids were already in the first team before he got there

Arent you very brave saying that now that AIG is gone :P

rob316 wrote: »

I miss him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Giroud not linked to Chelsea yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,634 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

United's back 4 on Saturday were all Ferguson signings. Pigs would fly before we'd see Pep fielding one of Hughes or Mancini's players.

I think in one of the recent games, they said that 7 starters were signed by Ferguson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I think in one of the recent games, they said that 7 starters were signed by Ferguson.

There was seven players that where there when Fergie was. One was Rashford who was 15 and the other was Lingard who was with the u23 and not part of the first team setup.. the back 5 were all signed by Fergie

Dog, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,370 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Moyes didn’t help either tbf

I'd have been interested to see the clear out that Moyes would have done. LVG made some awful decisions and spent terribly during his time. I felt towards the end that the team could have done well the next season with something to prove. Bringing in LVG just basically pressed reset on any kind of reasoned rebuild that could have happened and just threw money in random directions. Too many players kept for another year after they should have been shipped out and others moved on when they still had a point to prove.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I miss him :(

I'm sure he's been reincarnated in some form.

Arghus wrote: »
    I'm sure he's been reincarnated in some form.

I havent seen anyone writing like Shakespeare :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I havent seen anyone writing like Shakespeare :pac:

If you mean tales of sound and fury signifying nothing then I'll agree with you.

Dzeko scoring tonight, i really dont know why Roma want to sell him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Dzeko scoring tonight, i really dont know why Roma want to sell him

All Serie A teams are selling clubs except Juve.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    All Serie A teams are selling clubs except Juve.

Sadly you are right
    Well unless your a young Italian goalkeeper :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Well technically hes not the tallest
    Ballague facts

Ballternative Facts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ERG89 wrote: »
    David Silva was a Mancini signing & so was Aguero both are still a key players now.

I thought I saw something strange in the sky earlier, walked right into that one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Lukker- wrote: »
    It does highlight the scattergun approach to United's signings post Ferguson. Simply throwing money at it failed to work. Whether we like to admit it or not, City had a footballing plan and identity before Pep and that will continue on after Pep too that actually included some long term planning.

Not really, it's not even hard to disprove this. Just check their all transfers. City too had very high number of player movement and I'm talking about players who aren't that good.

Nasri
    Savic
    Clichy
    Hargreaves
    Javi Garcia
    Jack Rodwell
    Nastasic
    Sinclair
    Maicon
    Jovetic
    Negredo
    Navas
    Demichelis
    Bony
    Mangala
    Fernando
    Sagna
    Delph
    Bravo
    Nolito

City also signed 3 full backs, 1 CB and signing 1 more CB, 1 striker, 1 winger, 1 attacking mid which shows they didn't have any plan. They just hired Pep and signed players he wanted.

The agents fee would be the standard cut as they are triggering the release clause. No need to backchannel with agents = no massive fee like Sanchez.

Signing fee's are more common place in deals where the player is out of contract (or down to the final 6 months)

Agent fee has nothing to do with triggering clause, it's to make the player move to the club. It's assumed standard cut because media doesn't talk about it.

Signing fee is common for any contract, not just for players out of contract. Usually they are loyalty fee which is spread over the contract. Players moving on free transfer usually get big one as there is no transfer fee.

For Laprote also there is a big transfer fee, agent cut, big wages and signing on fee. it just journalists decide how they want to report it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/956466596960235520

Liverpool to sign Falkirk left-back Tony Gallacher, 18, for £200,000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Giroud not linked to Chelsea yet?

they can't afford him

Moyes didn’t help either tbf

In fairness to Moyers (while being a terrible manager for us) he brought in Mata and fellaini too important squad members van gall ruined the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Sky.

"Jack Rodwell has gone on trial at Dutch club Vitesse Arnhem. The midfielder, who earns £70,000 per week at Sunderland, has no future on Wearside."

Gone from the future of England's midfield to a trial at Arnhem.

And trial cancelled before it started.
    "Organisational reasons" whatever the hell that means

Organising his salary probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Agent fee has nothing to do with triggering clause, it's to make the player move to the club. It's assumed standard cut because media doesn't talk about it.

Signing fee is common for any contract, not just for players out of contract. Usually they are loyalty fee which is spread over the contract. Players moving on free transfer usually get big one as there is no transfer fee.

For Laprote also there is a big transfer fee, agent cut, big wages and signing on fee. it just journalists decide how they want to report it.

It’s a conspiracy against United

I always see this line spat out once someone address the nonsense narrative

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,159 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Meh conspiracy is over the top. Moreso a case that clickbait claiming United are spending daft amounts is more successful than clickbait about other clubs.

• Advertisement

Not really, it's not even hard to disprove this. Just check their all transfers. City too had very high number of player movement and I'm talking about players who aren't that good.

Nasri
    Savic
    Clichy
    Hargreaves
    Javi Garcia
    Jack Rodwell
    Nastasic
    Sinclair
    Maicon
    Jovetic
    Negredo
    Navas
    Demichelis
    Bony
    Mangala
    Fernando
    Sagna
    Delph
    Bravo
    Nolito

City also signed 3 full backs, 1 CB and signing 1 more CB, 1 striker, 1 winger, 1 attacking mid which shows they didn't have any plan. They just hired Pep and signed players he wanted.

They certainly got a lot wrong at the beginning. And the technical aspect didn’t become more concrete until Txiki came to City.

And many player you listed were successful for City? Nasri, Saga, Clichy and Navas were mainstays in teams that won titles and not failures like United post Ferguson.

Savic, Demichelis, Maicon were signed for on the cheap or frees.

Bony, Nolito, Jovetic could be classed as bad signings

You list many players that were signed pre Ferguson going too.

City definitely had a teething period at the beginning, but they seem to have overtaken United in most regards since Ferguson retired. There was definitely an identity before they hired Pep. Of course they sign players he wants, but when you have the CEO, DoF all in the same page, usually there isn’t and disagreements in vision

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I always see this line spat out once someone address the nonsense narrative

Or the fact that the fees don’t get reported when they aren’t out of the norm because they aren’t interesting, but when a team pays insane fees there is a story there.

lol, what an argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Or the fact that the fees don’t get reported when they aren’t out of the norm because they aren’t interesting, but when a team pays insane fees there is a story there.

The 75m for VVD is the biggest fee of the window so far but I don't think I have seen anyone breakdown the fees to add agent/signing on fees /image rights.

Be interesting to see the total costs. Sanchez transfer seems to be the first one where all those were getting talked about.

They certainly got a lot wrong at the beginning. And the technical aspect didn’t become more concrete until Txiki came to City.

And many player you listed were successful for City? Nasri, Saga, Clichy and Navas were mainstays in teams that won titles and not failures like United post Ferguson.

City definitely had a teething period at the beginning, but they seem to have overtaken United in most regards since Ferguson retired. There was definitely an identity before they hired Pep. Of course they sign players he wants, but when you have the CEO, DoF all in the same page, usually there isn’t and disagreements in vision

Good reverse engineering. Something good is happening so lets change everything to fit the narrative.

They signed Bony just few seasons ago, very good technical player isn't it? If they planned so well Pep wouldn't have cleared half of the players since he took over.

• Advertisement

Like how we saw 300K to 600K in just 1 day. Obvious what news generates more traffic, so it's simple how they are reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

To add Demichelis was crucial to winning a double in 2014. Some of those players were duds and some were crucial pieces of the jigsaw at the time.

Your point stands in my opinion, they may not have all been good signings but there was some semblance of a plan and a way to play for eg all age groups play the exact same way as the first team and have been doing it for years way before pep. If it wasn't Pep who came in, it would have been someone with similar philosophies and when pep goes it will be the same.

lol, what an argument.

Do you agree that your post suggests media bias against United?

No. Media and journalists know how to get more clicks and traffic. There are obvious tweets which are posted too, how 2 transfers are reported.

My post wasn't even about media, it's how you casually played down agent fee and signing on fee as if they don't exist for all players.

Aside from lukker and giggsy flirting in public

João Mario is set to join West Ham on loan and be replaced by William Carvalho at Inter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

pjohnson wrote:
    Joao Mario is set to join West Ham on loan and be replaced by William Carvalho at Inter.

Hard to express just how poor he was at Inter. Not much better than Renato Sanches tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What does that have to do with transfers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

He's gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Haven't seen him on here in atleast 6 months.

Haven't seen him on here in atleast 6 months.

He got banned, he had a thread in the feedback forum about modding. He was given an ultimatum to respond and didn't. I'm not sure if they actually followed through though

• Advertisement

Lazar Marković linked with loan move to Lokomotiv Moscow.

I'm shocked hes still at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

25m euro for Moura, United we’re quoted 40m 2 weeks sgo

https://twitter.com/telefootball/status/956642355653865473

astradave wrote: »
    25m euro for Moura, United we’re quoted 40m 2 weeks sgo

https://twitter.com/telefootball/status/956642355653865473

Spurs aren't United though, that is the flip side of being so financially powerful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The £40m figure and most other figures are paper talk to be honest.

Corholio wrote: »
    The £40m figure and most other figures are paper talk to be honest.

Eh. It’s all paper talk. To be honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just assume it's all bollox till it's on BBC, or tweeted by a legitimate source (which there are not many of).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Dzeko would be a great signing for Chelsea. Very good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jayop wrote: »
    Dzeko would be a great signing for Chelsea. Very good player.

Wont happen at this stage I reckon.

Chelsea, in line with their over 30s policy are only offering an 18 month contract to summer 2019, Dzeko, looking for a deal to run until at least 2020, apparently.

Its also going to kill the deal for Emerson by the looks of it.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wont happen at this stage I reckon.

Chelsea, in line with their over 30s policy are only offering an 18 month contract to summer 2019, Dzeko, looking for a deal to run until at least 2020, apparently.

Its also going to kill the deal for Emerson by the looks of it.

So who is under Alonso now Kenedy left?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

pjohnson wrote: »
    So who is under Alonso now Kenedy left?

Nobody at the moment.

Baba Rahman is meant to be getting a loan deal back to Schalke in the next few days.

He, like Emerson, has recovered from a serious ACL injury but hasnt played games at all, unlike Emerson.

I've no idea where the club will look for an alternative LWB but I reckon if the Emerson deal falls through, Pedro and Zappacosta will be emergency cover if Alonso goes down.

Advertisement