Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

astradave wrote: »

And there will likely be no more deals until Monday so a lot of clubs will be sweating Monday - Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Lol that's some amount of pieces that have to fall into place. All the clubs and agents should meet up in a hotel somewhere and bang it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

ERG89 wrote: »
    pjohnson wrote:
    Joao Mario is set to join West Ham on loan and be replaced by William Carvalho at Inter.

Hard to express just how poor he was at Inter. Not much better than Renato Sanches tbh

Same could be said about Coutinho at Inter. Often the club is the problem, not the player. But we’ll see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Jayop wrote: »
    Lol that's some amount of pieces that have to fall into place. All the clubs and agents should meet up in a hotel somewhere and bang it out.

Be better in a pub to be fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

pjohnson wrote: »

And there will likely be no more deals until Monday so a lot of clubs will be sweating Monday - Wednesday.
    with a full set of midweek premier league fixtures too

greendom wrote: »
    with a full set of midweek premier league fixtures too

Its mad how so many leave crucial business until this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Be better in a pub to be fair

If that’s how transfer dealings took place, Mike Ashley might finally start to spend some money.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

Same could be said about Coutinho at Inter. Often the club is the problem, not the player. But we’ll see...

No, it was obvious that Coutinho was going to be an excellent player while he was at Inter but there was a need to bring in money and he wasn't a first choice player so was sold. Joao Mario was just poor, not disputing he has talent but he doesn't bother trying most games and I'll be glad to see him gone whereas I was really annoyed that the club sold Coutinho so they are completely different situations.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

His father blocked a move to Milan in the summer
    Right now the most exciting teen in world football, up there with Mbappe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Where is the 16 year Madrid spend €50m on last summer these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Where is the 16 year Madrid spend €50m on last summer these days.

Still with Flamengo. Not joining Real until 19/20 iirc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What about the young Norwegian (I think) lad, Odegard IIRC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭duffman13

On a two year loan with Hereenveen in Holland. Seen one game (I'd a bet on) and he was playing. They were banging on about him being a starter this season after a tough few months etc. Hardly setting the world alight though I'd forgotten him till that game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

First team at Heerenveen most matches.
    Not really setting the place on fire but neither is the rest of his team which doesnt help him.

And oh.... if you like to see the transfer subjects for the next few years in action

Ajax U17 - Feyenoord U17 in 10 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

'Croatian Messi' Alen Halilovic is another who jumped into the deep end far too early. Sold to Hamburg and now out injured on loan to Las Palmas.

Urindanger wrote: »
    'Croatian Messi' Alen Halilovic is another who jumped into the deep end far too early. Sold to Hamburg and now out injured on loan to Las Palmas.

I love the way they give this Messi tag to any young lad who can dribble
    In reality Halilovic doesnt play any way like Messi

City sign USA International Mix Diskerud on a 4 1/2 year deal from sisterclub New York City.

Guess funds needed shuffling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

City sign USA International Mix Diskerud on a 4 1/2 year deal from sisterclub New York City.

He sounds like a DJ.

Some dodgy **** going on there

https://twitter.com/city_watch/status/957316182767493121

Good reply here

https://twitter.com/mattswfc1/status/957316731218874368

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

How is that legal? Soon they'll be signing players like Neymar to NYFC and sending him on loan to City. What ever about being a sugar daddy club, they've always existed, but I find the whole monopolising clubs unsettling. Well prob have a City identikit team in every top flight league within 10 years. Killing any identity football had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lukker- wrote: »
    How is that legal? Soon they'll be signing players like Neymar to NYFC and sending him on loan to City. What ever about being a sugar daddy club, they've always existed, but I find the whole monopolising clubs unsettling. Well prob have a City identikit team in every top flight league within 10 years. Killing any identity football had.

That is exactly the plan! Apparently FFP v2 is on the way and presumably UEFA have thought about this but City Football Group could buy a hot player for a fortune but not for Man City who might break FFP instead they'd go to New York and be loaned to City. Like I say UEFA will have thought about all that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Iiirc they did something eerily similar for an Australian player. Club in Australia would have been in breach of financial rules if they signed him, so Man City bought him then loaned him to the Aussie club. It's a mockery tbh.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Well prob have a City identikit team in every top flight league within 10 years. Killing any identity football had.
    This is actuallly their vision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

One Manchester.. in every major city.

Its the same scheme the Pozzo's used to do with sending players from Udinese to Watford/Granada only on a more global marketing scale.

That is exactly the plan! Apparently FFP v2 is on the way and presumably UEFA have thought about this but City Football Group could buy a hot player for a fortune but not for Man City who might break FFP instead they'd go to New York and be loaned to City. Like I say UEFA will have thought about all that....

Thats been going on for years though. Jonathan Calleri played for Westham last season
    Hes owned by a tiny club in Uruguay
    That club signed him for a big sum and are now loaning him out to get the loan fees
    Willian Jose, Alex Sandro and Rulli have all played for this club and got loaned out

pjohnson wrote:
    Its the same scheme the Pozzo's used to do with sending players from Udinese to Watford/Granada only on a more global marketing scale.

Should try it with their managers Oddo has done well at Udinese.

• Advertisement

Should try it with their managers Oddo has done well at Udinese.

Not Massimo I hope?

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/957381384166887430

City plan £150 million summer move for Hazard.

"Pep Guardiola has identified Chelsea star Eden Hazard (27) as his number one summer target and Manchester City are willing to pay a record fee of £150m. City believe Hazard would represent better value than Alexis Sanchez. [@MullockSMirror]"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

"Pep Guardiola has identified Chelsea star Eden Hazard (27) as his number one summer target and Manchester City are willing to pay a record fee of £150m. City believe Hazard would represent better value than Alexis Sanchez. [@MullockSMirror]"

Bahahaha
    And I thought this night couldn't get any better....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I know Chelsea have been generous with their players recently but come on. Absolutely no way they sell him to City or United. Zero chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/status/957381384166887430

Any reported wages or agents fees?

Oh sorry its City,they dont pay big wages or agents fees

Any reported wages or agents fees?

Oh sorry its City,they dont pay big wages or agents fees

On the Sky app,Pep now saying City have financial constraints. After spending over a billion to win a few trophies since the days of black and white TV I suppose a City manager would say that.

• Advertisement

Sunday Mirror.

Sturridge set for Inter move after Liverpool halve their fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭BenK

On the Sky app,Pep now saying City have financial constraints. After spending over a billion to win a few trophies since the days of black and white TV I suppose a City manager would say that.

That should be in the humour thread. Hilarious comments from Pep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Context is always key. He said to have a squad of 20- 22 top top players these days is impossible.

Full segment here : https://youtu.be/jxhkrh64lho

Anyway, to be fair, Chelsea and City football group were given huge capital investments initially by their new owners but now they'r largely self sustaining. To do that they require some level of fiscal responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Turtwig wrote: »
    Context is always key. He said to have a squad of 20- 22 top top players these days is impossible.

Full segment here : https://youtu.be/jxhkrh64lho

Anyway, to be fair, Chelsea and City football group were given huge capital investments initially by their new owners but now they'r largely self sustaining. To do that they require some level of fiscal responsibility.

Spending more than any club in the world and they are self sustaining? You think City without their owner backing and cooked up sponsorship deals are self sustaining after spending more than 200 Million every season?

Chelsea are self sustaining, not City. It's just common sense to see their commercial revenue is nowhere near 2nd best ahead of likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea but they make more than them easily and you think it's believable? Their creative accounting is great though, making so many transactions between city group owned clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Lads.. Paper never refuses ink..

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/LarsPollmann/status/957736990513999873

"Whopper from Kicker: Arsenal and Dortmund largely in agreement on Aubameyang, €63m. Dortmund to target Antony Modeste as a replacement as Giroud prefers move to Chelsea to stay in London."

Ornstein on it now, basically confirms it.. if you have 5 mins spare you should click on the tweet and read(view) the replies :D

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/957751674289913858

irishman86 wrote: »
    Thats been going on for years though. Jonathan Calleri played for Westham last season
    Hes owned by a tiny club in Uruguay
    That club signed him for a big sum and are now loaning him out to get the loan fees
    Willian Jose, Alex Sandro and Rulli have all played for this club and got loaned out

Deportivo Maldonado, the "club" in question

Graziano Pelle linked with West Ham now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Spending more than any club in the world and they are self sustaining? You think City without their owner backing and cooked up sponsorship deals are self sustaining after spending more than 200 Million every season?

Chelsea are self sustaining, not City. It's just common sense to see their commercial revenue is nowhere near 2nd best ahead of likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea but they make more than them easily and you think it's believable? Their creative accounting is great though, making so many transactions between city group owned clubs.

At June 30th 2017 Chelsea FC PLC had accumulated losses of £776,048,000. Fortunately they have a share premium account of £1,089,922,000 (:eek::eek::eek:).

That gives a company valuation of over £300M but it wouldn't be my definition of self-sustaining although recent events would suggest the well of share premium is suffering a drought. Interesting times ahead for Chelsea I think.

Deise Vu wrote:
    That gives a company valuation of over £300M but it wouldn't be my definition of self-sustaining although recent events would suggest the well of share premium is suffering a drought. Interesting times ahead for Chelsea I think.

They spent a good bit of money last summer though. Morata, Rudiger, Drinkwater & Zappacosta weren't cheap. But I don't think they communicate with the manager at times on their transfer business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ozil & Mkhitaryan should provide the service to Aubameyang. Lacazette on the bench. Arsenal very strong in attack now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Fans of teams who spend inordinate amounts of money to win things complain about other teams who spend inordinate amounts of money to win things and actually (should) win those things.

Transfer wise, isn't that Modeste the guy who was at Blackburn a few years ago?

https://twitter.com/GaffneyVLC/status/957720407582347273

"Here's a new one for you, #WatfordFC fans.

Gerard Deulofeu is close to joining the club before the transfer window closes on Wednesday. #LaLiga "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ornstein on it now, basically confirms it.. if you have 5 mins spare you should click on the tweet and read(view) the replies :D

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/957751674289913858

Ornstein memes are the best thing on the internet

DUqejesWAAM7EBX.jpg

DUqfBW6X0AA1J8l.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement