Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭irelandrover

inforfun wrote: »
    He is 20 years old, has 18 matches in the eredivisie, was let go by Ajax 2 years ago and now signs a contract that will set him up for life.
    So...what is the opinion you want to hear?
    That Pep promised him he will be involved with the first team on the same day they signed Laporte?

No, thats its not as simple as City offer more money so he goes there. I agree with most of your point but there has been examples of players that move for first team football instead of more money.

It's an extremely tough decision for an 18 year old to make.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

astradave wrote: »
    “The adecco of football” :pac: I laughed anyways

There is no other description i can think of when NAC Breda has 6 players on loan from City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

There is no other description i can think of when NAC Breda has 6 players on loan from City.

Do Chelsea not have more young players out on loan? They went through a stage a few years ago of buying up every second kid who showed some talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Does no one actually think that this kid has the self belief that he will make it at City. Maybe just maybe he is looking at himself saying this is the chance to prove his doubters wrong and make a name for himself.. now he might try and fail but if he doesn’t take that chance he will never know if he could have done it

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do Chelsea not have more young players out on loan? They went through a stage a few years ago of buying up every second kid who showed some talent.

They have something like 60 players out on loan iIRC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

They have something like 60 players out on loan iIRC

It's merely a revenue stream for them now. Pick up young players for small money,send them on loan and sell them on for a profit.
    They may as well be rearing cattle.

emmetkenny wrote: »

http://www.chelseafc.com/teams/on-loan-players.html

They have a webpage for that.

City has a full team out on loan in the Eredivisie alone. jsu ta GK is missing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Does no one actually think that this kid has the self belief that he will make it at City. Maybe just maybe he is looking at himself saying this is the chance to prove his doubters wrong and make a name for himself.. now he might try and fail but if he doesn’t take that chance he will never know if he could have done it

Not just that, he could fail anywhere, but if he fails at City he will have earned a tidy sum, played with the better players and had the best coaching and facilities. Plus, if his contract is not renewed there is a good chance he could land himself another decent contract somewhere else as a failed City player quicker than he would as a failed Feynoord or whatever player.

In any case City will probably loan him out. He gets City wages and first team football at a lower level. Win win.

(It is a system that is probably destroying more footballers than it is creating though!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Deise Vu wrote: »
    Not just that, he could fail anywhere, but if he fails at City he will have earned a tidy sum, played with the better players and had the best coaching and facilities. Plus, if his contract is not renewed there is a good chance he could land himself another decent contract somewhere else as a failed City player quicker than he would as a failed Feynoord or whatever player.

In any case City will probably loan him out. He gets City wages and first team football at a lower level. Win win.

(It is a system that is probably destroying more footballers than it is creating though!).

Hopefully Brexit will put a stop to this. I especially think the Dutch league has been affected by the wealth of the English teams.

I think a lot of these young Dutch players would be much better served staying and playing in the Eredivise for a few year before making these moves. Even if they stayed until 22/23.

He'll go to City and be loaned to a different club every year. Never be able to settle into a city/home, never settle into a club or system.

https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/status/958252345770610688

Tim Cahill rejoins Millwall.

https://twitter.com/sidlowe/status/958253683321524231

With Laporte joining City,Bilbao immediately pay buyout clause for Iñigo Martínez from Real Sociedad.

Nicolas Bendtner could be joining his 200th club as Bordeaux look to sign him.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/mattspiro/status/958252022737891328

Monaco now jump on the Giroud merry go round.
    He wants to stay in London though.

The first tweet though, sounds like Chelsea trying to play up to their fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The revenues generated by City are crooked as a two bob bit. They allegedly have one of the highest revenues in world football despite the fact they cannot even sell out the stadium even when their biggest rivals are playing there.

It's creative accounting and layering of money given to the club by the owners, nothing more, nothing less.

State sponsorship.

PSG are at it too, get a parent company that you own to sponsor your club for mad money, FFP circumvented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

FFP is BS. An owner should be allowed to invest in their business without interference. What other industry would you see it in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Ah the Diskerud fiddle was to ensure that the City group could retain all the value from his sale.

Normally the MLS would be entitled to a portion of the fee if he was sold for cash by New York but by joining City they can still flog him and keep 100% of whatever they get for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Chelsea are fond of putting the spanner into Arsenal dealings. Anyone remember the Demba Ba loan transfer a few seasons back?
    Surprised Arsenal even entertain dealing with them at this stage.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

If that Batshuayi for Llorente swap is true, I'd be all over that if I was Spurs.

With swaps being in Fashion I'm somewhat suprised Pool didn't attempt to get Rondon in exchange for Sturridge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Their first manager was Ben Affleck.

• Advertisement

pjohnson wrote: »
    With swaps being in Fashion I'm somewhat suprised Pool didn't attempt to get Rondon in exchange for Sturridge

Rondon would have to move to Southampton first.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/958282423279726592

"L'Équipe claim that Joe Hart (West Ham), André Schürrle and Marc Bartra (Dortmund) are all available on the transfer market in these final hours."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

DvB wrote: »
    Chelsea are fond of putting the spanner into Arsenal dealings. Anyone remember the Demba Ba loan transfer a few seasons back?
    Surprised Arsenal even entertain dealing with them at this stage.

You can blame Lukaku for that.

Lukaku misses a penalty in the supercup, has a breakdown and demanded to be sold, hes loaned out instead and sold later on.

Ba was set to go on loan and Lukaku was to be kept with Eto'o and Torres.

I can see the whole Aubameyang thing falling apart. Too many deals required and way too many chances for it to go arséways.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/958282423279726592

"L'Équipe claim that Joe Hart (West Ham), André Schürrle and Marc Bartra (Dortmund) are all available on the transfer market in these final hours."

Reports from Germany that Bartra is on his way to Betis on loan, with an obligation to buy in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Laporte confirmed to City.

Pep's been ruthless in making sure the defence is sorted.

• Advertisement

941bde8ecf75abd689cd265930376f40.png

Sums up the last few days rather accurately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Sane out for a few weeks longer initially expected so talks of Zaha or Mahrez brewing. City have been very unlucky with injuries this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Urindanger wrote: »
    Sane out for a few weeks longer initially expected so talks of Zaha or Mahrez brewing. City have been very unlucky with injuries this season.

Ah stop the lights

SlickRic wrote: »
    Laporte confirmed to City.

Pep's been ruthless in making sure the defence is sorted.

But but but, his budget is restricted

Ah stop the lights

Kompany, Stones, Mendy, Jesus and now Sane. Throw in David Silva with his family/baby issues and that's half of a teams worth of first team players who've been out for significant time.

• Advertisement

Yeah, that squad is so thin, how do they survive it.

Dont even know why Kompany is still regarded a football player.
    Robben is injured a lot but Kompany is winning that competition.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    But but but, his budget is restricted

The tweet is protected but the news that was mentioned earlier is confirmed that City are targeting Mahrez.

Sane gets injured so they simply look to buy another £50 million rated winger.

So much for Pep nurturing players, there's surely some talent at their much vaunted academy who can step up plus they have others warming the bench that cost a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

The tweet is protected but the news now is that City are targeting Mahrez.

Sane gets injured so they simply look to buy another £50 million rated winger.

So much for Pep nurturing players, there's surely some talent at their much vaunted academy who can step up plus they have others warming the bench that cost a fortune.

As a city fan that won't happen.. the squad can cope and B Silva can adapt to play in Sane's place

Yeah, that squad is so thin, how do they survive it.

Dont even know why Kompany is still regarded a football player.
    Robben is injured a lot but Kompany is winning that competition.

Well Delph was makeshift left back but he too got injured and now you've a makeshift midfielder in Zinchenko having to do a job there. You'd Raheem Sterling as striker for a few games and Bernardo Silva a CAM is probably going to have to play as winger for the bones of a month or so. You cannot deny that they're being stretched.

Fair enough though Kompany is pretty much done, hence why Laporte is being bought. But it seems you can't win either way.

Well Delph was makeshift left back but he too got injured and now you've a makeshift midfielder in Zinchenko having to do a job there. You'd Raheem Sterling as striker for a few games and Bernardo Silva a CAM is probably going to have to play as winger for the bones of a month or so. You cannot deny that they're being stretched.

Fair enough though Kompany is pretty much done, hence why Laporte is being bought. But it seems you can't win either way.

Can sterling not go back to the wing?

I cant feel sorry for a club like City when my own team had 5 central defenders out injured at 1 point for weeks and had to play a right back who is on loan and central midfielder who had to play with Peru in the WC play offs in central defence away to Napoli.

I just cant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Bernardo Silva has played most of his career as a right winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

As a city fan that won't happen.. the squad can cope and B Silva can adapt to play in Sane's place
    Agreed. We won't buy Mahrez. If only for the reason that he doesn't appear to be the sort of hard worker that Pep likes in his sides. You see the way we press the opposition to win the ball back; Mahrez doesn't seem to do that.

Now to see Conte arrive on the runway and bundle him into his car. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I think I've seen it all now. There is a flight map included showing his flight from Dortmund to London! It's like tracking Santa on Christmas Eve.

Judging from the flight map, he is definitely not going to Arnhem! Looks like the pilot got a fright or someone tried to wrestle the flight controls out of his hands..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Spurs have had a loan bit for Batshuayi turned down. This is turning into the maddest transfer window ever !

https://twitter.com/hirstclass/status/958357565229985799

"West Ham, Newcastle and Valencia interested in Mangala. MCFC happy to let him go out on loan"

https://twitter.com/Sammy_Goal/status/958351705799872513

City gonna be squeezed hard by Leicester if they want Mahrez.

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/958335055121846279

"Pep on ££ spent: "I understand criticism but we have spent £300m on 6 players. Others have done it on 2. We had a lot of older players out of contract. To compete we needed to spend. A club can decide to spend on two players. We did it in a different way".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Are they still signing Fred? Lol if they end up spending £150m worth of players in the winter window. One on a whim because a player is out injured for a month..

I do wonder how sustainable it all is. Pep will have spent the grand total of half a billion pounds in 18 months.

Lukker- wrote: »
    I do wonder how sustainable it all is. Pep will have spent the grand total of half a billion pounds in 18 months.

I keep saying it but how comical it is for Pep to make a statement about spending restrictions

Such nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

"Pep on ££ spent: "I understand criticism but we have spent £300m on 6 players. Others have done it on 2. We had a lot of older players out of contract. To compete we needed to spend. A club can decide to spend on two players. We did it in a different way".

What a joke. Who has spent £300m on two players?

PSG have the top combined 2 players at £253m
    Barca combined 2 players is £202m
    Real is £166m
    United is £164m

All of those players are attackers or attacking midfield players too.

Jayop wrote: »

Real is £166m
    United is £164m

Do you not remember United spent 2.5 billion on Sanchez last week and he's being paid 10 million a week in wages with a 2 million appearance fee per 90 minutes played.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »

Real is £166m
    United is £164m

With very achievable add-ons, Dembele and Coutinho will be close to a £300m. I'm not trying to validate Pep's point, it's apple's and oranges, but he's still missing the point. They wouldn't have been able to spend that money if they didn't sell Neymar for €222m. So far City haven't raised anything close to those funds from player sales or other legitimate means.

Advertisement