Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

FitzShane wrote: »
    I've noticed a trend lately of fans of certain teams starting to hype up players of potential signings. Players they previously would have criticized.

You obviously don’t know me or what I think so

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Arsenal have done very well to hold onto ozil. The fact he has already played for one of the two biggest clubs in the world has probably helped in that regard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

AdamD wrote: »
    Fans really gobble up clichés

Not a cliche.

Ozil has not shown up for Arsenal in the CL KO rounds.

Particularly against Bayern.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

MD1990 wrote: »
    Pl clubs must be annoyed with the Sanchez & Ozil wages.

All the top players will want pay rises now.

Paying big wages for great players is not an issue, paying big money for average players is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ozil is a very good player.

But in the big games he can go missing. Probably why none of the big clubs were really linked with him.

He has been at the biggest already. Played 101 matches there.

a0dc9d1327ca973795db2fe9ef6ac07e.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Particularly against Bayern.

Guess which club he's got the most goals against in his career? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Rekop dog wrote: »
    He's featured in 4 games this year in all comps. After Ampadu at Chelsea that's the most appearances by a 17 year old from any team this season.

Brahim Diaz is the 6th youngest player to feature this year. City are the only team with two players in that top six. So Pep is doing more than any manager blooding youth.

Dont let facts get in the way of your agenda mind.

Featuring four times. For how long? In what comp? Against what opponents? Was the game won? Do city have a single first team player that's properly come through there? Surely this maker of men would have been able to find one somewhere.

Just playing a few 17 year old in less than a handful of games doesn't mean he's doing the most to blood youth. Playing them regularly in games that matter is what makes these players.

Agenda my arse.

inforfun wrote: »
    He has been at the biggest already. Played 101 matches there.

a0dc9d1327ca973795db2fe9ef6ac07e.png

Goes missing in big games is biggest pile of ****, don't know why people still use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That Gary cotterill lad on SSN is the most annoying part of deadline day even worse than Jim white.

• Advertisement

Just looked and as I thought. Subbed late twice in games won already and a carling cup start and a CL start.

Rekop dog wrote: »
    He's featured in 4 games this year in all comps. After Ampadu at Chelsea that's the most appearances by a 17 year old from any team this season.

Brahim Diaz is the 6th youngest player to feature this year. City are the only team with two players in that top six. So Pep is doing more than any manager blooding youth.

Dont let facts get in the way of your agenda mind.

Playing 17 year old in 4 games means **** all, young player age cut off is not 17.

He played 7 mins in PL and a dead rubber in CL.

City have given less mins (In PL) to their academy players than any club in top 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Unless Bayern have an awful second half to the season chances are Arsenal might not get to play them next season again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

At the end of the day who gives a ****... As a City fan i wanna win.. had enough years down the leagues so do whatever you have to, to win now!!!!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Unless Bayern have an awful second half to the season chances are Arsenal might not get to play them next season again ;)

One day they'll finish 3rd in the CL or something :p

Is that Bayern? lol one more myth busted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

At the end of the day who gives a ****... As a City fan i wanna win.. had enough years down the leagues so do whatever you have to, to win now!!!!

In all fairness, I 100% respect that stance than trying to make excuses for things. It's the attempts to justify the spending that make me roll my eyes, but if as a fan you go "Who cares, we've got cash, lets splash it!", then fair play.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm just surprised they didn't throw their CL group so they could put Arsenal out of the EL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pep is on record as saying he doesn't believe young players are ready for the first team because of the way England does reserve team football. he thinks it's silly. he wants to see a 'B' league of sorts introduced like they have in Spain.

he has no faith in youth to fulfill his main targets. his interest is in winning, now. the same thing as Mourinho is, and gets lambasted for because he only stays at clubs for 3 years.

i've seen people point to his Barcelona success and use it as evidence that he didn't need a lot of money. there's an obvious reason for that. he had the best crop of players in the world, including Messi, coming through.

Pep will not blood youth, unless they're absolutely exceptional.

And fair dues. the spending is shameless. but it is getting the job done. don't tell me...

1. they'd have gone for Mahrez if Sané hadn't been injured for 6 weeks
    2. that Zinchenko or Diaz couldn't at least be tried there. and they don't even need to start! Pep has plenty of players so he only needs one of them to fill a bench slot.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Is that Bayern? lol one more myth busted.

Can't remember if it's still correct but it was joint Atletico and Bayern yeah.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Goes missing in big games is biggest pile of ****, don't know why people still use that.

Because if do so so 2x, you always do.
    Even if you play 10 of those matches a season and play well enough in the other 8

• Advertisement

Basically shows how much Balague knows anyways

https://twitter.com/sport_witness/status/958691401956442112

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

astradave wrote: »

He is clueless and has rightly been called on it over the last few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Embarrassing from him, Ornstein is quite clearly the man who knows all Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Or maybe he knows more than most about the direction Arsenal are looking to go in the next 12 months and is confident that he, and the players they are looking to sign can have them competing for trophies.

Which trophies? They are unlikely to qualify for the arguably most relevant trophy.
    greendom wrote: »
    did you feel the same about Gerard? Or was that loyalty?

He won every trophy you could win bar the league while at Liverpool. Ozil thus far has won the FA Cup while Arsenal retreat in the league and establish themselves as a club outside of the Champions League.

FitzShane wrote: »
    I've noticed a trend lately of fans of certain teams starting to hype up players of potential signings. Players they previously would have criticized.

I've always said he was quality on here way before there was even a sniff of him going to Utd. Can't speak for others though.

Praise be to Allah an honest post. Fair play.

Would these Arsenal signings suggest Wenger is staying another while?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

RoboKlopp wrote: »

I could see him staying on as a technical director or something with a younger fresher face in the managers seat. Honestly I don't see how he can stay after this year if they don't manage top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Disappointed that the chance to get Ozil has finally gone, remember seeing bits of him at Bremen and then watching him in the Euro U21's thinking this fella is amazing. But solace can always be taken in Arsene's squad building :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bild reports that Arsenal are trying to get Max Meyar from Schalke on a cheap deal as his contract is up in the Summer.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,435 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

RoboKlopp wrote: »

He didn't seem to have much involvement with the transfers this window apparently and a very public show was made of Gazidis and the two new guys going to Germany to sort Aubamayang out without him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Bild reports that Arsenal are trying to get Max Meyar from Schalke on a cheap deal as his contract is up in the Summer.

Would have thought their final deal would be a late push for Evans (West Brom already loaned Gabr so Pardew probably wouldn't be averse to the move)

has Luiz to Arsenal not gathered any steam?

Jayop wrote: »

Pretty sure the Arsenal reddit made that one up so probably not.

City have made a final offer of £65 million including a player to Leicester for Mahrez. Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jayop wrote: »

I cant see it happening.

We're not short of CBs but Luiz will be here until the summer at least, after that, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

City have made a final offer of £65 million including a player to Leicester for Mahrez. Sky.

Is the player Bernardo Silva? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Now that's one Liverpool should be all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

Honestly don’t see why anyone would get in a twist about Ozil. Arsenal fans that I know are always talking about his disappearing act in big games and were not that bothered about him leaving. They’re just relieved about not losing face again by having him go cheaply or for free to a rival.

He was smart by playing the waiting game though, letting Sanchez go first so he could bend Arsenal over on a new contract, with the club desperate not to lose both players.

I don’t see why it has been a good month for Arsenal to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's a decent price. Getting Giroud for a weeks wages of Sanchez :pac:

That's a decent price. Getting Giroud for a weeks wages of Sanchez :pac:

Or 2 days of Ozils wages. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

They should just include their academy in the deal, they won’t be using it.

They should just include their academy in the deal, they won’t be using it.

But Pep nurtures players.........

After he spends £50 million on each of them.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

GavRedKing wrote: »

De Bruyne, Laporte and Richard Wright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

GavRedKing wrote: »

No, they wanted a winger :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Sheikh Mansour probably wiped his arse this morning with £65m.

Like it or not, the figures are largely meaningless when it comes to them. it doesn't affect their wealth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

SlickRic wrote: »
    Sheikh Mansour probably wiped his arse this morning with £65m.

Like it or not, the figures are largely meaningless when it comes to them. it doesn't affect their wealth.

Mahrez is a pretty good player too which people are forgetting

Some twat asking for "source?" in the replies on that tweet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement