Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

SlickRic wrote: »
    Sheikh Mansour probably wiped his arse this morning with £65m.

Like it or not, the figures are largely meaningless when it comes to them. it doesn't affect their wealth.

I'd love to sign their accountants, the way theyre finding a few hundred million to spend on players is amazing.

Got to love those state backed sponsors.

I'm hoping Roman gets one of his companies to be a new "sponsor" to Chelsea for about 500m in the summer. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,640 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Crystal Palace are going to pay €10 million for Sorloth.

A guy who couldnt get of the bench in Groningen en went back to Midtjylland Denmark in the summer for ...... €0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You'd have to think that the window on Luiz has passed as it's been virtually confirmed that the Giroud deal has already been signed?

Anyways, I'd worry for Roma if they lost Manolas. That is one club FFP truly f*cks over. Every window they need to balance the books, even though they are backed by a billionaire hedge fund operator.

They were forced to sell Salah for much less than his worth due to a FFP deadline. That's my main gripe with FFP, it actually gives more power to the fiscal giants, it's simply there to maintain the status quo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lukker- wrote:
    Anyways, I'd worry for Roma if they lost Manolas. That is one club FFP truly f*cks over. Every window they need to balance the books, even though they are backed by a billionaire hedge fund operator.

Plus most of the signings under Monchi have been underwhelming.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Plus most of the signings under Monchi have been underwhelming.

Sabatini was a big loss for them. But the technical director may not deliver immediate results so I'd hold off judgements on Monchi until next season.

Monchi's previous role at Sevilla was all about attaining players with re-sale in mind, so I'd imagine that is why they've hired him too at Roma. The club has debt issues that need sorting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mahrez is a pretty good player too which people are forgetting

It's not been forgotten.

The incredible spending by City is the talking point. He'd not have been bought if Sané hadn't been injured.

Giroud done to Chelsea.

Pictures online, meant to be 15.3m upfront and 2.2m in add ons, 18month deal with an optional year extension.

Thats a decent bargain in this market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Giroud done to Chelsea.

Pictures online, meant to be 15.3m upfront and 2.2m in add ons, 18month deal with an optional year extension.

Thats a decent bargain in this market.
    Decent bargain? Its an absolute fecking steal.

I said to my dad last week when Chelsea were being linked with Carrol/Crouch etc that they should go for Giroud if thats the type of player they are looking for and it looks like he could be sold. I didn't think Arsenal would sell Giroud to them but from a chelsea perspective it made perfect sense.

I think Giroud is very underrated - his hold up game and ability to bring others into the game is as good as anyones.

I think he is going to be a fantastic signing for Chelsea, and at twice the price would have been value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm sick that he's gone there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I said to my dad last week when Chelsea were being linked with Carrol/Crouch etc that they should go for Giroud if thats the type of player they are looking for and it looks like he could be sold. I didn't think Arsenal would sell Giroud to them but from a chelsea perspective it made perfect sense.

I think Giroud is very underrated - his hold up game and ability to bring others into the game is as good as anyones.

I think he is going to be a fantastic signing for Chelsea, and at twice the price would have been value.

Looks like Arsenal are after strengthening a few team around them now.

United - Sanchez
    Chelsea - Giroud
    Liverpool - Chamberlain

They are trying to catch these teams so why weaken your own squad to help thier's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

It's not been forgotten.

The incredible spending by City is the talking point. He'd not have been bought if Sané hadn't been injured.

50/60m is supposedly incredible spending for Mahrez when Coutinho was 110 and Dembele was nearly 100? Hardly.

So would Sanchez never have been a target for City if Jesus never got injured in January either?

I think the issue was Dortmund not wanting to release Aubameyang without a replacement and with them looking to Michy and Chelsea looking for a Giroud style player, Arsenal were bent over a barrell to get the player they wanted by selling Giroud at a cut price.

Theyve not done too badly themselves though bringing in Micky and Auba for a net cost of about 40m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

emmetkenny wrote: »
    why weaken your own squad
    We have??

Urindanger wrote: »
    50/60m is supposedly incredible spending for Mahrez when Coutinho was 110 and Dembele was nearly 100? Hardly.

So would Sanchez never have been a target for City if Jesus never got injured in January either?

Couthino was €140m

We have??

Do you not think so? I know Ox wasn't great for you but Giroud and Sanchez have been excellent for the majority of their time there.

Couthino was €140m

I was talking in pounds. And that 140m euro is with add ons which are airy fairy. 120m euro fee alone seems accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,764 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Considering a few weeks ago it was looking like Sanchez and Ozil out with little to see replacements wise and now its:

Out:
    Sanchez
    Walcott
    Giroud

In:
    Mkhitaryan
    Aubamayeng

and Ozil staying its looking a lot better than it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,481 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

It's not been forgotten.

They clearly wanted Sanchez, and were preparted to sign him in the summer on a 'free', with Sanchez off the market maybe Mahrez was a player they were looking at as an alternative - if so, and following the injury to Sane it isn't that insane that they try to speed up their timelines a bit.

I also wonder if people should be taking into account the potentially historical significance of the current season when looking at this potential (maybe off) deal.

They are very likely to win the PL.
    They are in the League Cup final.
    Probably favourites for the FA Cup.
    Among the favourites, if not THE favourite for the CL.

They really do have the potential to win everything this season. Sane being out - maybe Foden or Diaz could come in but maybe City are worried that this season they are not ready and maybe not next season either - and maybe City want to double down on their quest for the potentially historic quadruple.

Maybe, over the next 3 months, Mahrez makes a huge contribution that pushes them on in their quest - City will see that as 60million or so VERY well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

given their only holding defensive player is Fernandinho (unless laporte is cover for this) I can't see city winning the UCL.

I was talking in pounds. And that 140m euro is with add ons which are airy fairy. 120m euro fee alone seems accurate.

No it's £140m wasn't it?

The add ons are all achievable. 100 games for Barca, A league win and qualification for CL in two of the next four seasons (or that one could have been a CL win I'm not 100% sure).

Edit: I see I messed up the signs in my first reply, my bad.

Couthino was €140m

The £110m was the figure before add ons. Think it rises to about £136m if they are achieved

AdamD wrote: »
    Considering a few weeks ago it was looking like Sanchez and Ozil out with little to see replacements wise and now its:

Out:
    Sanchez
    Walcott
    Giroud

In:
    Mkhitaryan
    Aubamayeng

and Ozil staying its looking a lot better than it was.

Miki hasn't been great though and how will Aubameyang start? If he takes a while to settle will the fans be happy?

No it's £140m wasn't it?

The add ons are all achievable. 100 games for Barca, A league win and qualification for CL in two of the next four seasons (or that one could have been a CL win I'm not 100% sure).

Edit: I see I messed up the signs in my first reply, my bad.

Who bloody knows honestly you could be right lad. I was just going off a quick Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Do you not think so? I know Ox wasn't great for you but Giroud and Sanchez have been excellent for the majority of their time there.

Aubameyang is an upgrade on Giroud, Mkhytaryan isn't as good as Sanchez, I'd say it balances it out at least. Then Ozil tied down....pretty decent.

• Advertisement

Sky actually have a reason for the hype for once
    Been a mad day so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I don't think it matters all that much how it balances out on paper, in reality their issues lie deeper than the quality of the sides they field and this has been the case for some time now and only getting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How is Rafa meant to keep Newcastle up?

Owen is still there record signing lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Arsenal laying the groundwork for tuchels appointment in summer by signing his two stars at Dortmund mikhi and auba.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Arsenal laying the groundwork for tuchels appointment in summer by signing his two stars at Dortmund mikhi and auba.

Apparently the guy Arsenal hired from Dortmund and Tuchel don't like each other and that's the reason for his exit from Dortmund

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

MD1990 wrote: »
    How is Rafa meant to keep Newcastle up?

Owen is still there record signing lol

Well their next two most expensive signings after Owen were more recent and still dearer than Burnley, West Brom, Swansea, Huddersfield and Brightons record signings. They've sold both of those after under performing so it's also a case of bad transfer dealings.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sky actually have a reason for the hype for once
    Been a mad day so far

Maybe Mahrez and or City will move on something but it looks like everyone at this stage has done their main business.

Had Dortmund had longer to drag out the Michy deal it could have rolled on and on tonight, thnakfully their window closed at 5pm.

I dont think there will be much more movement for the bigger teams anyway but Arsenal do seem to be in the market for a either a CB or CDM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Wonder how Leicester feel after that unsuccessful stunt by Mahrez again. Patience must be running out.

I think they'll sell him in the summer to the highest bidder but I cant see it being much more than what City offered today.

95 million is an insane price tag for mahrez
    Debuchy gone now apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Lucas official according to sky for 25€ mil, delighted with that bargain, signing of the window for biased little me

davycc wrote: »
    Lucas official according to sky for 25€ mil, delighted with that bargain, signing of the window for biased little me

Very biased so :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,241 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Very biased so :pac:

Well he is certainly spurs best signing. Will he replace Son in the starting XI?

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well he is certainly spurs best signing. Will he replace Son in the starting XI?

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I think he will replace alli first who on form and effort deserves a kick up the hole

, son is the opposite of alli always trys his ass of for team,

Currently Lucas is a few levels above them both so hopefully poch throw him straight in ahead of alli,

• Advertisement

davycc wrote: »
    I think he will replace alli first who on form and effort deserves a kick up the hole

, son is the opposite of alli always trys his ass of for team,

Currently Lucas is a few levels above them both so hopefully poch throw him straight in ahead of alli,

He’s above Alli on form, but I think both are better players than him. I think he’s just a numbers signing, so you don’t have to play Lamela ever again, but who know maybe he’ll have a renisasance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Rory Smith sums it up pretty perfectly.

"Hammer blow for Manchester City missing out on Mahrez. Hard to see them competing with just David Silva, Bernardo, Sterling, Aguero, Gundogan, De Bruyne and Gabriel Jesus."

No way would I drop Son. He's been thier best player after Kane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Giroud played 15 mins for arsenal last night, and is in a chelsea jacket and with the chelsea suits now tonight.

I don't remember something like that happening before, so soon between matches for 2 different clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Rekop dog wrote: »
    He's featured in 4 games this year in all comps. After Ampadu at Chelsea that's the most appearances by a 17 year old from any team this season.

Brahim Diaz is the 6th youngest player to feature this year. City are the only team with two players in that top six. So Pep is doing more than any manager blooding youth.

Dont let facts get in the way of your agenda mind.

Exactly, not sure what his post has to do with transfer news either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The old adage that you can't buy success seems to ring true, he has joined Malaga on loan from Watford.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

https://twitter.com/Athletic_en/status/958426459231739904?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

Didn't see this happened until this morning. Probably the most interesting move outside England before the deadline as yesterday was dead.

https://twitter.com/Athletic_en/status/958426459231739904?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E1

Didn't see this happened until this morning. Probably the most interesting move outside England before the deadline as yesterday was dead.

For half the price of Laporte, easily the best business of the window imo

astradave wrote: »
    For half the price of Laporte, easily the best business of the window imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KquFZYi6L0

• Advertisement

Selling a player for a huge sum and buying a replacement that is just as good for half the price is easily the best business of the window.. how the feck is that salty, if I wanted to be salty I’d be slagging Cities spending and saynng Sanchez was deal of the window..

Your in danger of becoming a parody of yourself

Also, learn how to embed!

Advertisement