Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Winter Window Transfer Tittle Tattle.

Comments

Manchester United and Liverpool fans have one thing in common, both are obsessed with Liverpool!

He's a Southampton fan I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's a Southampton fan I believe

I was referring to yourself and pjohnson!

If you both don't cut out the Liverpool bashing you may well end up hurting someones feelings...

If you both don't cut out the Liverpool bashing you may well end up hurting someones feelings...

So your post is targeting me and not the content?
    This is the winter transfer thread you know, tbf the person delivering the twitter post has a fair point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Klopp did nothing that others don't do. Southampton got pissed over it as it eliminated a bidding war they so clearly wanted for their top asset.

Barcelona's public courting of players is quite ridiculous though. They will get every player in their squad to talk about them and how great it will be when X player come's here. They did the same to Cesc and are doing the same to Coutinho.
    Liverpool stood firm against their usual tactics and now Barcelona are getting Nike to put pressure them. Liverpool will sell for a price Barcelona aren't willing to pay so this all about making the player force the move, down tool and force Liverpool to accept a cut price deal. So far Coutinho though as shown he has more respect than Barcelona.

So your post is targeting me and not the content?
    This is the winter transfer thread you know, tbf the person delivering the twitter post has a fair point

It's a pretty tenuous effort to have a pop at Liverpool by the twitter user and by way of posting it here, similar from yourself.

I may change my mind if Liverpool actually take Nike to court but I don't see that happening.

• Advertisement

It's a pretty tenuous effort to have a pop at Liverpool by the twitter user and by way of posting it here, similar from yourself.

I may change my mind if Liverpool actually take Nike to court but I don't see that happening.

I think you might be overthinking things. It's the transfer thread. And it's a potential rumour about Nike getting in legal bother.
    And I'd agree IMO it's hypocrisy from Liverpool.
    That's it really.

Here's a link to the Guardians Transfer Deals page. Useful for seeing what transfers have actually taken place.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/dec/29/transfer-window-january-2018-every-deal-in-europes-top-five-leagues?CMP=share_btn_tw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,156 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

What the hell? I was answering a bloody question a poster asked. If you get triggered by someone answering a question or think its "bashing" then the interwebz arent for you.

What do you think the tweet said then?

Anywho back to the point.

Cenk Tosun proposed move to Everton is apparently in question. Besiktas are trying to increase the fee.

pjohnson wrote: »
    What the hell? I was answering a bloody question a poster asked. If you get triggered by someone answering a question or think its "bashing" then the interwebz arent for you.

What do you think the tweet said then?

Apologies pjohnson I shouldn't have included you in the Liverpool bashing. I was only having a bit joke any who.

As you were.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Huddersfield town sign Monaco defender Terence kongololo on loan until the end of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

So Paul Joyce from the Times says that Coutinho believes he's played his last game for the club, and that Pool and Barcelona aren't too far away from each other on price. One step forward, one step back imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Here's a link to the Guardians Transfer Deals page. Useful for seeing what transfers have actually taken place.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2017/dec/29/transfer-window-january-2018-every-deal-in-europes-top-five-leagues?CMP=share_btn_tw

More useful than this thread anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Would be absolute madness to let him go mid season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I know that Mainz transfer has gone through as undisclosed but i reckon it was costly.

Ov0ZBP8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The Coutinho transfer is back in the spotlight the last 24 hours.

At this stage it looks to be a case of when, not if, he joins Barca.

I can see why Barca want to get this done now before the WC, in case he puts in a performance and another club or two drive the price up but I can fully understand why Liverpool wouldnt want to lose one of their best players with a good 1/3 of the season left to go and the race for top 4 heating up.

Will be interesting to see what happens anyway over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The Coutinho transfer is back in the spotlight the last 24 hours.

At this stage it looks to be a case of when, not if, he joins Barca.

I can see why Barca want to get this done now before the WC, in case he puts in a performance and another club or two drive the price up but I can fully understand why Liverpool wouldnt want to lose one of their best players with a good 1/3 of the season left to go and the race for top 4 heating up.

Will be interesting to see what happens anyway over the next few weeks.

Could agree a similar deal to the Kieta one. Do all the paperwork now for a summer transfer.

I think most Liverpool fans had resigned themselves that he will be leaving.

I was gutted when Suarez left and I'll be disappointed when Couthino leaves but not to the same extent.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Could agree a similar deal to the Kieta one. Do all the paperwork now for a summer transfer.

I think most Liverpool fans had resigned themselves that he will be leaving.

I was gutted when Suarez left and I'll be disappointed when Couthino leaves but not to the same extent.

Thats probably the best bet for all parties concerned too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/948521924069650432

"BREAKING: Arsenal in advanced talks to sign Greek defender Konstantinos Mavropanos from PAS Giannina, according to Sky sources. #SSN"

Never heard of him,I don't keep too much of an eye on Greek defenders. It's a classic Wenger transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Latest from Liverpool’s favourite Duncan after Ferguson is that Barca and Pool are in negotiations at the mo for Coutinho and Pool are lining up Lemar as a replacement..

Lemar following Stormzy from making the change from Top of the Pops to the Premier League?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/02/david-luiz-michy-batshuayi-can-leave-chelsea-january-wish-says/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Conte says Batshuayi & Luiz can leave in January if they want.

Everton should try get Batshuayi on loan.

The headline is misleading TBH, I cant see either of those two leaving in January, the summer however is a different case.

Even Matt Law, who wrote the article, suggested as such by claiming he didnt write the headline.

Luiz hasnt featured for Brazil for some time so wont have a WC to worry about and I cant see him replacing Christensen in the 3 man back line either but I would suspect that theyll rotate reguarly enough that Luiz will be some what happy.

Batsahuyi however, is a player I'd sell tomorrow if we had a replacement, he might be a good player if he got consistent minutes but its clear as day that Conte never wanted him and hasnt trusted him to replace an injured or suspended Costa or Morata in his first season and a half at the club so hes not going to get that time at Chelsea, not under Conte.

Hes got a decent scoring record but hes not good enough to lead the line for a club with ambitions at the title, IMO, if we got close to what we signed him for, I'd sell him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,208 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

It was always a case of when not if with Coutinho and Barca since the summer, Liverpool did well to fend them off and they should do everything they can now to agree a deal for the summer rather then lose him half way through the season. They are already spending the money though which would make you think a January move is looking more likely?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I’ve been surprised at the lack of interest from Spain in Hazard and De Bruyne. Both are better than Coutinho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

doc_17 wrote: »
    I’ve been surprised at the lack of interest from Spain in Hazard and De Bruyne. Both are better than Coutinho.

But way more expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It was always a case of when not if with Coutinho and Barca since the summer, Liverpool did well to fend them off and they should do everything they can now to agree a deal for the summer rather then lose him half way through the season. They are already spending the money though which would make you think a January move is looking more likely?

LFC are not spending the Coutinho cash - VVD was of interest long before Barca piped up last summer (June v August). The gross budget was estimated at around 200m - Keita cost about 52m, Salah 36m, Robertson 8m, OxCham 35m.
    doc_17 wrote: »

De Bruyne is going nowhere, why would he move? He's Belgian so does not have Barca DNA! Hazard will go to Real Madrid if he goes to Spain. Couts suits Barca and they want him.

Hazard has always kind of flirted with Real, if he does ever go it will be this summer and it will probably be for mad money, his contract is up in 2020 so theres still some room for Chelsea to be in a position to say no and risk him running it down however.

City wont sell KDB either, it would probably take more money again to tempt City into selling KDB.

LFC are not spending the Coutinho cash - VVD was of interest long before Barca piped up last summer (June v August). The gross budget was estimated at around 200m - Keita cost about 52m, Salah 36m, Robertson 8m, OxCham 35m.

Ok, so they story is, they are not spending the Coutinho cash.... ;) I get ya

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Look if you want to play the fool carry on. Credit me with having rather better knowledge of LFC's finances than you.

• Advertisement

I have a feeling had Lallana been fit, Coutinho would have went in the summer.

If the net result is that Coutinho leaves and Van Dijk, Keita and Lemar are signed using the money, then it's difficult to argue Liverpool are not in a better position than previously.

In the short term I think it will have a negative impact on our season though. I'm disappointed he's agitating for a move mid-season but I can understand how eager he is to take this opportunity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Are Liverpool going to fend off all the other teams and spend the 90m+ for Lemar? I'd doubt it.

Liam O wrote: »
    Are Liverpool going to fend off all the other teams and spend the 90m+ for Lemar? I'd doubt it.

Some inside knowledge or are you just guessing?

Liam O wrote: »

The only other team with a confirmed interest is Arsenal and he apparently rejected them in the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Look if you want to play the fool carry on. Credit me with having rather better knowledge of LFC's finances than you.

How do you have better knowledge of Liverpools finances. You meant to say your guessing your right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Its jan 3d...28 more days of this sh1te

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/_GIFN/status/948705639030763522

Di Marzio: Emre Can won't join Juventus in this window but they have an agreement to sign him on a free in the Summer.

Some team for a bargain, I'd say he will do quite well in the Italian league. Or bomb, whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He's been so poor this season, I'd let him go now if he wants for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Robbie Keane linked with a move back to Wolves ... his boyhood team!

Sky: Everton agree £27 million fee with Besiktas for Tosun.

https://twitter.com/GuillemBalague/status/948850987627876352

"On Coutinho. No offer from Barcelona has arrived yet, despite the insistence of Catalan media on the contrary. But will arrive. No agreement in price but €150 is a figure LFC will consider. Not true at all LFC have bid for Lemar. Coutinho won't play tomorrow".

€150 is a steal. It costs nearly that for a Barca shirt in their club shop. :)

• Advertisement

irishman86 wrote: »
    How do you have better knowledge of Liverpools finances. You meant to say your guessing your right

Well let's just say I'm much better read than StringerBell is about this particular matter, and judging by his comment on Can to Juve that's not much for me to brag about! :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Well let's just say I'm much better read than StringerBell is about this particular matter, and judging by his comment on Can to Juve that's not much for me to brag about! :p

Really ?? I think he will do quiet well at Juventus as well
    Hes a top class rotation piece with room for growth
    Unless you are talking about a different comment, if so i apologise

Coutinho is gone

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jurgen-klopp-stays-tight-lipped-on-possible-140-million-philippe-coutinho-transfer-deal-with-barcelona-h9f7gl3xd

Jürgen Klopp has failed to offer any reassurances over the future of Philippe Coutinho as Barcelona continue to finalise the offer which they believe will tempt Liverpool into selling.

Liverpool increasingly appear ready to part with the 25-year-old and a fee in excess of £140 million, including a base payment of about £100 million, is likely to see Coutinho granted his wish of moving to the Nou Camp this month.

Klopp’s reluctance to discuss the matter in detail represents a shift in stance from the summer when Liverpool responded to an initial bid of £72 million from Barcelona by stressing that the player was not for sale at any price.

There is not the same resistance at Anfield now, as reflected by Klopp’s refusal to simply state that Coutinho will not be sold.

“All the things I could say now will only create stories,” said Klopp, as he confirmed that Coutinho will miss tomorrow’s FA Cup tie with Everton, owing to a thigh injury.

“I have nothing to say about it. It is a transfer window, but that is all. I know I opened the door halfway because I mentioned it was the transfer window but there is nothing to say about it which would help me, or the player or the club.

“That is the only thing I am interested in. I really have nothing to say. Maybe 80 per cent of the cameras are only here for these answers – that’s a waste of time then! That’s it.”

Coutinho’s injury should have healed by the time Liverpool host Manchester City on Sunday 14 January, yet there is no certainty he will still be at Anfield by that time.

The attacking midfielder believes he has played his last game for the club – he thought the same in the summer before Liverpool dug in – and he is willing to forgo Champions League football in the second half of the season to make the switch. Coutinho is cup-tied and therefore cannot play in the competition for Barcelona.

The saga has overshadowed the tie against Everton with Klopp weighing up whether to hand £75 million Virgil van Dijk his debut following his arrival from Southampton.

“Mo [Salah] and Phil [Coutinho] are not available,” said Klopp. “With Virgil it is different, he is obviously healthy and I have to make a decision for this game.

“I can imagine everyone is desperate to see him on the pitch but from our point of view there is no rush and it is much more important how many good games he can play for us.

“It is not decided because we have to wait for last updates on each position, but the line-up will be a line-up which shows all the respect we have for the FA Cup.”

Loris Karius will play in goal with Danny Ward, who started Liverpool’s only other domestic cup game, the Carabao Cup defeat to Leicester City, on the substitutes’ bench.

Leicester City may have found their Mahrez replacement quickly

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/949005345732681728
    Fousseni Diabaté is a Malian youth international who plays predominately as a striker, but can operate on the right wing. An indispensable starter for Gazelec Ajaccio this season

Him right and Demarai Gray on the left

Leicester City may have found their Mahrez replacement quickly

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/949005345732681728

Him right and Demarai Gray on the left

Albrighton plays left, Gray plays behind Vardy

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Coutinho is gone

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jurgen-klopp-stays-tight-lipped-on-possible-140-million-philippe-coutinho-transfer-deal-with-barcelona-h9f7gl3xd

Jürgen Klopp has failed to offer any reassurances over the future of Philippe Coutinho as Barcelona continue to finalise the offer which they believe will tempt Liverpool into selling.

Liverpool increasingly appear ready to part with the 25-year-old and a fee in excess of £140 million, including a base payment of about £100 million, is likely to see Coutinho granted his wish of moving to the Nou Camp this month.

Klopp’s reluctance to discuss the matter in detail represents a shift in stance from the summer when Liverpool responded to an initial bid of £72 million from Barcelona by stressing that the player was not for sale at any price.

There is not the same resistance at Anfield now, as reflected by Klopp’s refusal to simply state that Coutinho will not be sold.

“All the things I could say now will only create stories,” said Klopp, as he confirmed that Coutinho will miss tomorrow’s FA Cup tie with Everton, owing to a thigh injury.

“I have nothing to say about it. It is a transfer window, but that is all. I know I opened the door halfway because I mentioned it was the transfer window but there is nothing to say about it which would help me, or the player or the club.

“That is the only thing I am interested in. I really have nothing to say. Maybe 80 per cent of the cameras are only here for these answers – that’s a waste of time then! That’s it.”

Coutinho’s injury should have healed by the time Liverpool host Manchester City on Sunday 14 January, yet there is no certainty he will still be at Anfield by that time.

The attacking midfielder believes he has played his last game for the club – he thought the same in the summer before Liverpool dug in – and he is willing to forgo Champions League football in the second half of the season to make the switch. Coutinho is cup-tied and therefore cannot play in the competition for Barcelona.

The saga has overshadowed the tie against Everton with Klopp weighing up whether to hand £75 million Virgil van Dijk his debut following his arrival from Southampton.

“Mo [Salah] and Phil [Coutinho] are not available,” said Klopp. “With Virgil it is different, he is obviously healthy and I have to make a decision for this game.

“I can imagine everyone is desperate to see him on the pitch but from our point of view there is no rush and it is much more important how many good games he can play for us.

“It is not decided because we have to wait for last updates on each position, but the line-up will be a line-up which shows all the respect we have for the FA Cup.”

Loris Karius will play in goal with Danny Ward, who started Liverpool’s only other domestic cup game, the Carabao Cup defeat to Leicester City, on the substitutes’ bench.

Maybe I missed it in the article but I didn't see any actual information that he has left?

Klopp also said in his Everton presser that he expects Cout to be available for City.

I'll dig out a link later but apparently Chelsea are interested in Andy Carroll!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

I'll dig out a link later but apparently Chelsea are interested in Andy Carroll![/quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5236285/Chelsea-step-Evertons-Ross-Barkley.html

Matt Law is probably Chelsea best "ITK".

Definitely has the clubs ear.

https://twitter.com/Matt_Law_DT/status/949046123469135872

I'm not sure on Barkley though, I think this is a board signing over a Conte one, we have shifted to a 352 in recent months meaning we could deploy him in a CM role but I'm not really sure where his best position is, frankly, I dont think he knows himself.

If the figure if 15m is true, its about half what we were meant to be paying 4 months ago so theres a saving there too. I expect Spurs to try and sign him too so it may drag on, unless weve beaten them to the punch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement