Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Millets Text

Options
  • 15-12-2017 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Received a Text message yesterday from Millets saying 'Hi (my name) your order has been picked and dispatched. Track your order through your dispatch email'.

Nothing ordered by me and never used Millets to buy anything, then just heard my sister's boyfriend got the same text this morning.

Anyone receive similar? Its a strange one

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

It's a scam almost certainly

Not rare at all - it's becoming quite common to see these, the links usually point to malware downloads like Locky, or Trickbot ... for open you up for more involved social engineering

The emails can look & read very well, and even the malware sites can be convincing at first glance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

trout wrote: »
    It's a scam almost certainly

Not rare at all - it's becoming quite common to see these, the links usually point to malware downloads like Locky, or Trickbot ... for open you up for more involved social engineering

The emails can look & read very well, and even the malware sites can be convincing at first glance

Sorry should have said there is no email
    Its only a text, there are no links or even a phone number showing

• Registered Users Posts: 69,006 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If there's no further details at all there's a chance there's just been a cockup - have you ever ordered anything from the much larger company that owns Millets, namely JDSports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

L1011 wrote: »
    If there's no further details at all there's a chance there's just been a cockup - have you ever ordered anything from the much larger company that owns Millets, namely JDSports?

Mystery solved, didn't realize Millets were owned by JD.Cheers

Advertisement