Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car crash, time to resolution?

Options
  • 15-12-2017 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hey all I was involved in a car crash today and my car is a write off in rhe opinion of the garage, the other driver was at fault but not admitting liability. I was just wondering how long these things take to get resolved as I am now without a car. There is no personal injury claim involved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Ring your insurance company and report it to them. They are the only ones that can sort of answer your question and even then its a rough guess as every case is different so you wont get a proper answer but a vague anything from 2 or 3 months to a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

If the other party is not admitting liability, you need to claim under your own policy if you have Comp and have them seek recovery from the 3rd party. If it is a write off and you have all your documents available, it should take no more than a week for an offer. If you are happy with the figure, payment must be made within 10 days of acceptance.

If you want to claim directly from the 3rd party, that takes longer to unravel the truth and you should engage a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mullanp

Thanks for the comments... I only have 3rd party so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

mullanp wrote: »
    Thanks for the comments... I only have 3rd party so I guess I'll keep my fingers crossed

The other party actually did the right thing by not admitting liability at the scene, regardless of the circumstances. You need to contact their insurer and see what stance they will take, having discussed the matter with their client. It may be that they agree with you being in the right and will settle quickly after that.

Advertisement