Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Trainee 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Clare2018 wrote: »
    I'm the same. I need to know. Its driving me crazy

Same here! keep checking my phone every 5 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clare2018

lealor17 wrote: »
    Same here! keep checking my phone every 5 mins

I'm doing the same. It's driving me crazy...

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Flashpoint

I just emailed the garda public jobs email address there asking when the results will be released

Here is the email if anyone wants to do the same, gardatrainee2018@publicjobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thos23

Flashpoint wrote: »
    I just emailed the garda public jobs email address there asking when the results will be released

Here is the email if anyone wants to do the same, gardatrainee2018@publicjobs.ie

Any word back from them at all?

thos23 wrote: »
    Any word back from them at all?

Nothing yet, its bit of a piss take now at this stage. They were computerised exams, Results should have been out Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Clare2018

Flashpoint wrote:
    Nothing yet

I've just emailed them too... see if anything comes back now...

The results from stage 1 will be issued to your public jobs message board by the end of this week I cannot give you an exact day at the moment.

As per the pre test information booklet the results will issue the week commencing the 16th July.

Thats the reply I got back

Why didn't they just say week commencing 23rd July as Public Appointments Service clearly can't deliver anywhere close to the start of the week

Another reply from PAS, I am sorry if you were confused by the information provided in the booklet but we are still very much on track to issue results to candidates within the timeframe provided.

Another reply from PAS, I am sorry if you were confused by the information provided in the booklet but we are still very much on track to issue results to candidates within the timeframe provided.

Thanks for the update! Fingers crossed we get them soon, because the wait is awful..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Uweir32

Thanks for updating us. My nerves are wrecked I really didn’t feel I had done enough but he longer it draws out the harder it is to remain calm 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jojomama

I'd say between later today and tomorrow early afternoon they'll release them not long to wait now anyway and at least not another weekend to get through 😄 bad or good looking forward to finding out result

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

jojomama wrote: »
    I'd say between later today and tomorrow early afternoon they'll release them not long to wait now anyway and at least not another weekend to get through 😄 bad or good looking forward to finding out result

Ya I’d say if we hear nothing in the next hour or two it will prob be tomorrow before we get them.
    I think mine went well, I answered all the answers anyway but I find it hard to judge. When I was doing practice ones I did bad when I thought I did good and vice versa lol

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Tomorrow morning at 11.35 :)

Henry2006 wrote: »

Really? Did you get a reply?

Is that a bet on what time tomorrow or genuine info? Hope system doesn't crash again, be banging my head off the desk if it does 😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Is this a fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Is that a bet on what time tomorrow or genuine info? Hope system doesn't crash again, be banging my head off the desk if it does 😭

It’s a prediction based on last campaign !!

I bet they will leave us all day

• Advertisement

I bet they will leave us all day

I’ve checked my account about 8 times this morning already :(
    I’m really hope it’s soon

Uweir32 wrote: »
    I’ve checked my account about 8 times this morning already :(
    I’m really hope it’s soon

Same lol

Anyone any idea how many applied this time?

Anyone any idea how many applied this time?

Heard it was around 6000 but don’t know for sure

Have read somewhere that 1 in 4 people pass these tests

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

Have read somewhere that 1 in 4 people pass these tests

much higher than 1 in 4 to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Someone in PAS is laughing their head off

I’ve just checked and all the other emails from them are late afternoon. So we probably won’t here until after 3 :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 peaches18

This is killing me like 🙇ðŸ¼*♀️

Someone in PAS is laughing their head off

PAS are a shower of assholes. They will leave it till 17.00 yet. I say it's been ready for the last week, And they are leaving to the very last minute just to be a dick.

PAS are a shower of assholes. They will leave it till 17.00 yet. I say it's been ready for the last week, And they are leaving to the very last minute just to be a dick.

First arrest sorted for you so haha

• Advertisement

Will they even send them out today!

Lol... Tis fair annoying now alright!!

lealor17 wrote: »
    Will they even send them out today!

Was talking to a Garda who had to do all this last year and he said it’ll be last minute but they won’t leave it any later than they said they would.. I’d say by close of business if not I’m the next hour :)

Was talking to a Garda who had to do all this last year and he said it’ll be last minute but they won’t leave it any later than they said they would.. I’d say by close of business if not I’m the next hour :)

Ah ok, thanks for that. This has been the longest week! :D

leheaven wrote: »
    Lol... Tis fair annoying now alright!!

I got the impression in the emails I got back from PAS that he was pretty cocky about the results being issued within the time period but wouldn't say when.

I think they are ready, they are just making us wait as long as possible, Why? Because they can!!

I can’t understand what the hold up has been. It’s a computerised test surely it’s all done for them bar the pressing of a button to release the emails?

I can’t understand what the hold up has been. It’s a computerised test surely it’s all done for them bar the pressing of a button to release the emails?

The hold up is an issue called "Power Trip" Civil Servants etc just like to play God with people life. It makes them feel important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

Results started coming out at 14.53

I just got the text there, This should be interesting

Really?? Not asking what you got or anything but you have yours already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 AChipp

Well I've just had my results! :)

Just got mine, passed but not invited to Stage 2 in the first batch. First 900

You need to be in top 900 to be guaranteed being called to next stage. Im in 1265 so I guess we'll see ? Anyone any idea how soon I will be called if they do still want me? Presumably after they have called the first 900 to sit the assessments in person?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mhornby123

Got results, first time applying, I did not make it in the first 900 how likely is it that they go past this and start drawing from applicants further out. Should I give up hope of a place?

Best of luck everyone

mhornby123 wrote: »
    Got results, first time applying, I did not make it in the first 900 how likely is it that they go past this and start drawing from applicants further out. Should I give up hope of a place?

Im in the same boat with the same questions. Not sure whether Im still in the running or not? Wonder how high the OOM goes? Trying to work out how crap I did -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 15,304 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

1777, presume I've no chance any time soon ?

What are everyone’s thoughts on the OOM - should we give up hope if we’re over 1200??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jenoshea

No my friend was 2112 last year and was asked to sit the exam in August so don't give up hope yet!!

• Advertisement

Has anybody not recieved their results yet??

Advertisement