Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Trainee 2018 campaign

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

Phillip k wrote: »
    Hi does anyone have an idea on how many they will be recruiting? Will it be for the next few years?

It has been said this is an accelerated recruitment drive.
    They are having a recruitment drive next year too and they take 800 each campaign (out of 5000-6000). A campaign every year is faster than what it was a few years ago. I don't think odds of acceptance are too bad now. I wouldn't be surprised if 500 people don't even show up for the assessments. People can be flaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Flashpoint

Anyone getting nervous about the results

• Registered Users Posts: 23 thos23

Flashpoint wrote: »
    Anyone getting nervous about the results

Yep and its still a full week away :/ such a long process from start to finish, if even get past this stage!

thos23 wrote: »
    Yep and its still a full week away :/ such a long process from start to finish, if even get past this stage!

Its driving me mad at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭-aurora

F Code 13.10)(ii) Three additional increments in respect of a Diploma or Degree from a third-level educational institution. The Degree/Diploma must be full time, of two/four year duration, and be awarded by a third level institution recognised by the H.E.T.A.C., or recognised Irish statutory authority

On successful completion of two years service, members may apply through the channels for these increments to Assistant Comissioner Human Resource Management.

On Attestation you get 28k. Then you are a probationer for 2 years. At Year 2 you get 33k. The day you hit 2 years of service you apply for increments. You jump three yeara to year 5 pay which is currently 40k.

The increment jump follows you for life so at 10 years of service you will be getting paid the same as someone without a degree who has 13 years of service.

Great thanks for clearing that up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 jojomama

Oh the weekend will feel long.... shall have to find lots to do to keep mind off it and that might make it go a bit quicker! I suppose there will be lots of anxious waits if it works out so should get used to it if all goes well, but I can never really tell with these tests how it went. I had 8 mins left for logical and 4 mins left with verbal and I think I may have gone too fast with them but I made a point of not looking at the time and just working as quickly as I could because in the past with tests like these I've always gone way too slow and miss questions at the end. I'm some weirdo though everytime I see a Garda car or station I get excited now thinking that could be me :D will get some land if I don't pass now :L :rolleyes: Good Luck everybody, say those prayers and get granny or mammy to light a candle :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 pedrigo

Just before results are realeased I've 2 questions

1. What is considered a good OOM? As in with 800 places would anything sub 800 be considered good or eould you need to be scoring much higher to progress quickly through the process?

2. With regard to gaining a level 8 degree and the increments that go with it, does it need to be 2.2 or will 3rd or pass do?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭edwood

I did the tests more or less straight away when they went live. Practiced first of course. I found the verbal reasoning maybe 50/50. Inductive not as good. Hope I am not out of the race, I have a First Class Honours Degree H1 as of last month, be a shame to fall out of the race over the inductive side of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

pedrigo wrote: »
    Just before results are realeased I've 2 questions

1. What is considered a good OOM? As in with 800 places would anything sub 800 be considered good or eould you need to be scoring much higher to progress quickly through the process?

2. With regard to gaining a level 8 degree and the increments that go with it, does it need to be 2.2 or will 3rd or pass do?

Thanks and best of luck to everyone on Monday.

Higher your oom the quicker you are called for tests interviews etc

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

Best of luck to everyone, I’m following this as my daughter has applied again. She was in sept 2016 campaign and had everything done but unfortunately failed the fitness so right back to the start again, it’s a long process and I hope I don’t get grey hairs from the stress !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Anyone know what time-ish we can expect the results tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Anyone know what time-ish we can expect the results tomorrow?

Just judging by the other exams I've done with public jobs, it's usually in the afternoon.

Getting late now!! Anyone have any idea what time results will be realeased?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Getting late now!! Anyone have any idea what time results will be realeased?

In the email it says we will get the results w/c Monday the 16th of July.. so doesn’t necessarily mean today unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭arainagusime

User2206 wrote: »
    In the email it says we will get the results w/c Monday the 16th of July.. so doesn’t necessarily mean today unfortunately :(

Wait.... I never got an email.

Am I screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Am I screwed

That email was weeks ago.. doesnt mean im not checking my phone every 5 minutes though 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Am I screwed

No I mean the message we got with the aptitude tests afew weeks ago on public jobs! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭aj89

Am I screwed

No, it was in the Pre Test Information booklet that was sent along with the Questionnaire link.

I misread it myself and missed the w/c part, so I have been glued to my phone today expecting the results.

What does the w/c stand for?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 lealor17

Week commencing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 jojomama

Feel silly, been like a briar today because so anxious waiting for phone to flash up with text from Public Jobs, might still happen today but if they have all week I'd say it will come a bit later on

Week Commencing

Someone email them there and ask them to put it up today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

Hopefully we’ll know something soon! I just read we could be called in diff batches for stage 2 depending on results 😩 . Anyone know if they tell you what percentile etc you are put in? Or like batch 1/2 etc?

leheaven wrote: »
    Hopefully we’ll know something soon! I just read we could be called in diff batches for stage 2 depending on results �� . Anyone know if they tell you what percentile etc you are put in? Or like batch 1/2 etc?

If it's like the Civil Service one, you will be told you are: (eg) Number 16, Batch 2 etc

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

Flashpoint wrote: »
    If it's like the Civil Service one, you will be told you are: (eg) Number 16, Batch 2 etc

Oh okay, thanks for that!

leheaven wrote: »
    Oh okay, thanks for that!

Well that's just an example, my friend got one a few years back saying he was: Number 170, Batch 3. or something like that I think, I don't really remember the actual number. Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Can anyone tell me when we’re given an OOM? Is it from this round or stage 2? Obviously it could be anytime this week but doesn’t mean I won’t be checking the phone every 3-4 minutes during my day off...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

Can anyone tell me when we’re given an OOM? Is it from this round or stage 2? Obviously it could be anytime this week but doesn’t mean I won’t be checking the phone every 3-4 minutes during my day off...

What’s oom? new to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

What’s oom? new to this!

Order of merit.

Advertisement