Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toyota Avensis service 3 months ago

Options
  • 15-12-2017 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all. I hope you can help with this. We have a 151 Toyota Avensis. It went in for regular service in Sept 2017. All ok, new tyres needed soon, brake pads also needed soon, price quoted €48. They sent a letter saying we can get a free warranty health check which we did mid December 2017. The report now said that we need a new fuel filter for €107, brake pads now going to cost €107 and brake discs are getting "lipped", price €312. All prices are plus VAT of course. There's only 50,000 kms on the car. Also, since the last service, 4 new tyres were put on at great expense and I've noticed the litres per 100kms has increased by around 15% so we're using more fuel and that's why the garage is asking us to get a new fuel filter installed for €76. My question is, am I being ripped off to get the discs replaced and new filter and why the inflated brake pad price from €48 to €107 in 3 months?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement