Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topping up with port in motion

Options
  • 15-12-2017 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I am moving a friend over to Eir. Before she signs a bill she wants to test coverage around the places she spends time etc.

I have gotten the Eir sim and started the porting process for her number from Vodafone.

What she would like to do is just throw the new Eir sim into her phone now with the understanding that the number won't initially be her old one. The question is - if I top this new Eir number up will the credit carry over once her old number ports over and replaces it?

Cheers
    Quad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I am moving a friend over to Eir. Before she signs a bill she wants to test coverage around the places she spends time etc.

I have gotten the Eir sim and started the porting process for her number from Vodafone.

What she would like to do is just throw the new Eir sim into her phone now with the understanding that the number won't initially be her old one. The question is - if I top this new Eir number up will the credit carry over once her old number ports over and replaces it?

Cheers
    Quad
    Hi quad_red, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

This typically wouldn't carry over, the account holder can PM us both mobiles and PIN's and we can arrange the credit to be transferred over. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Hi Tracey,

I started the port at 3pm on Friday. Nothing has happened yet. Coming from Vodafone business contract (who have confirmed the contract is up and the number is free to port).

Can you advise how long it will take?

Regards,
    Quad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi Tracey,

I started the port at 3pm on Friday. Nothing has happened yet. Coming from Vodafone business contract (who have confirmed the contract is up and the number is free to port).

Can you advise how long it will take?

Regards,
    Quad
    Feel free to PM me all account details and I'll have a look at this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement