Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mallow 10 Mile - Sunday, Match 25th 2018 *Transfers Allowed*

Options
  • 15-12-2017 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Just a heads up that registration for this opens next Tuesday morning, December 19th, at 9am.

I believe it is always a sell out, with good reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Signed up just now.

Haven't done it before so looking forward to it already.

Have the John Treacy 10 Miler, Adare 10K and this lined up now so will be taking it easy on the cake over the next week or so ;)

Any inside info/tips on the course would be great,

cheers cm

Just to add:

Similar to the John Treacy 10, transfers are allowed for this event up to 25/02/2018

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Dev1234

There is a detailed course review here:

munsterraceroutes.blogspot.ie/2013/01/cork002.html?m=1

I've done it a couple of times and always enjoyed it. Small drag for the first mile or so then back in to town down the main Cork road. Pretty flat from then on in with a couple of drags. Pacers every 10 minutes I believe. Big crowd running it means you are never on your own.

It's always one I keep an eye out for.

Just to add #2:

This seems to be filling up quite quickly - I think they were up around the 1,000 mark last night according to something I read on Facebook.

Not sure how accurate that was so don't shoot the messenger but looks like this could sell out pretty fast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Wow races are selling fast these days, only ~100 spots left by lunchtime today according to the Running in Cork blog.

• Advertisement

Sold out! Dunno what's going on with races lately...seems to be a real frenzy.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Ah ****e was thinking of entering this. Normally you can get entries close to race day. No Ballycotton a reason for this too , I think.

Ah ****e was thinking of entering this. Normally you can get entries close to race day. No Ballycotton a reason for this too , I think.

Transfers coming in Jan so don't give up hope yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

Originally thought I'd be working so didn't register but have since changed job and missed out again tonight on getting a spot

If anyone is looking to transfer please PM. Thanks

Edit: Got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

deisedude wrote:
    Originally thought I'd be working so didn't register but have since changed job and missed out again tonight on getting a spot

If anyone is looking to transfer please PM. Thanks

I'm in the same boat - any transfers after deisedude gets sorted would be much appreciated. Cheers.

• Advertisement

I'm in the same boat - any transfers after deisedude gets sorted would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Giving this a bump. Thought I was sorted during the week, but unfortunately it wasn't to be. Transfers close on Feb 25th, so there's only a few days left.

Edit: Sorted now

• Registered Users Posts: 3 cox222

I have a transfer available if anybody is still looking for one?

After being frozen out it at the Tralee marathon last Sun, really loved the weather for Mallow today :) Great event as always, can't really fault it in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭deisedude

opus wrote: »
    After being frozen out it at the Tralee marathon last Sun, really loved the weather for Mallow today :) Great event as always, can't really fault it in anyway.

And what a spread afterwards!

It was my first time doing it and I loved it. I loved the start, the course, the support and the spread too. Parking was very easy to come by and I thought there was a great buzz in the town before we started. I'll be back for sure.

Advertisement