Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with Brock after Roman beats him?

Options
  • 15-12-2017 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭

Swerves can happen, but it seems obvious that Brock will lose to Roman at Mania and possibly a few more times after that to cement Roman.

I have enjoyed him for the most part since he came back a few years ago, but am bored of him now especially after such an incredibly dull title run.

If he was to stay I'd like him to make a few people not named Roman and actually put them over by losing rather than the usual "allowing his opponent to look good in defeat " bollocks they adore so much these days.

However the roster is stacked, they keep hovering up talents of TNA and elsewhere, ultimately him gone would be a good thing. Let them focus on the guys who will wrestle a little more consistently, and will he be that much of a loss to the company? Wage bill huge and rarely there.

What would you guys do with him after Roman is done with him?

Keep him as a special attraction like he is or get rid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Brock's one of the few guys that they have whose name moves tickets and he gets great reactions. He's a legit badass and could kill anyone in that locker room in a shoot as everyone hopefully knows.

I think he brings an edge of unpredictability and tension that no one else in the industry does. You don't see him on Twitter praising his babyface opponents or talking about how much he loves his wife. As far as most people know he's on his farm brooding somewhere or hunting. Just what you want from a monster heel. One of the last of a dying breed that take the business seriously and in turn does serious business. The company would certainly be a poorer place if he leaves.

My view is Roman deserves to go over him at Mania and Brock should then possibly put him over a second time. Then Brock ought to disappear for a few months, comes back in the summer looking for revenge a la the Goldberg feud. He then gets the title back and we build for a new challenger to unseat him at the next Mania. Still plenty of mileage in him yet. I agree he should put over babyfaces but only ones the company wants to get behind as THE top star. I don't want him being used like he was before he broke the streak where he was doing way too many jobs and treated like just another guy. He should be treated as special because he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have Bobby Lashely return too WWE the night after mania and challenge him to a match and they have 2 matches at the next Raw PPV and at Summerslam

do something different with Brock at Survivor Series 2018 and have him as captain of the Raw men's team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Hope he just goes away his last few years him his matches and his suplex city stuff have been totally boring.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

My view is Roman deserves to go over him at Mania and Brock should then possibly put him over a second time. Then Brock ought to disappear for a few months, comes back in the summer looking for revenge a la the Goldberg feud. He then gets the title back and we build for a new challenger to unseat him at the next Mania. Still plenty of mileage in him yet. I agree he should put over babyfaces but only ones the company wants to get behind as THE top star. I don't want him being used like he was before he broke the streak where he was doing way too many jobs and treated like just another guy. He should be treated as special because he is.

I think that sounds like a terrible idea imo , Brock doesnt need a title anymore plus it does not help when he is never on TV or defending the title. If did win the title back at Summerslam then you have another 4-5 months of no sign of the Raw world champ. Personally i am extremely bored of Brock these days , i know he can bring the big match feel at times but most of his matches are the same. A part timer should not be a world champ and it means you are not able to push people towards the championship ( i now wwe are terrible at doing that anyways )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

It's a sad state of affairs when this is about to happen again. It just wont work, Roman is not the guy. Brock is probably done after this, it's a shame he has to pretend to endorse Roman on his way out. I'm pretty sure he'd love to put AJ over huge instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Brock's title reign was a good part of the reason I lost interest in wrestling, I have no interest in seeing him again for a long time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My issue with Brock's title run is I have never believed he would lose the title till Mania, and don't believe there's any result other than a Roman win at Mania as well.

His title run has been utterly devoid of any genuine tension or suspense, and the vast majority of people who get in the ring with him lose so much steam when they do (with the exception of, maybe, Joe, who they never followed up with). As much of a legit badass Brock is, I feel his title run has hurt multiple other people who are there week in, week out. And there's not been any decent story telling behind it either. From a creative point of view, I just find his entire run to be disappointing and a failure.

Dare I say I'm even bored of Heyman's promos which I never thought I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Love Brock, he is an animal, comes out causes chaos , doesnt need to be on the show constantly, either does the wwe championship....

Whats he gonna do on Raw everyweek? Be in impromptu tag matches or squashing guys. He is booked perfectly and his run has been amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Retire him or at the very least never give him a title again and just use him to put others over on the big 4 PPV's.

The Aura is well and truly gone from Brock now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Keep him as the special attraction that he still is. He's a proven draw why on earth would they want to grt rid of him? Brock carries a buzz and aura with him that simply no other star in the whole company has, and part of that is because he isnt there every week being shoved down our throats like everyone else. There's plenty for him to do if he loses the title, feud with finn, The Bar, Shield etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Heyman carries the attraction for me I have no interest in watching Brock send lads to suplex city 50 times before pinning them.

Advertisement