Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent TSB transferring money outside sepa online

• 15-12-2017 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,
    I would like to be able to transfer money frim.time to time to an account abroad outside Europe...nine SEPA region. Exactly to Morocco.
    Wondering if the bank offers the online facility ? I know that I probably need to go to the brunch the first time but should I go to the brunch every time I want to transfer money...
    This is mainly for a mortgage with a bank abroad for a vacation home.
    Thanks for any feedback if you are familiar with permanent TSB .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Just go online on PTSB and make the transfer
    You need to exchange the currency first I imagine
    Either setup a curreny fair account
    or
    Use Revolut online app which i find gives better rates and no transaction fees

• Registered Users Posts: 35 romuse

skippy2 wrote: »
    Just go online on PTSB and make the transfer
    You need to exchange the currency first I imagine
    Either setup a curreny fair account
    or
    Use Revolut online app which i find gives better rates and no transaction fees

Thanks for reply...
    I definitely can't do it online as it only allows transfer to sepa region accounts (European union)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Open CF account or use Revolut........both these accounts are within EU
    You transfer your money to either account, exchange the Euro for whatever currency you need.
    Then transfer your exchanged money out to your foreign account.
    If you travel regularly its the best way to save money on rates and fees

• Registered Users Posts: 35 romuse

skippy2 wrote: »
    Open CF account or use Revolut........both these accounts are within EU
    You transfer your money to either account, exchange the Euro for whatever currency you need.
    Then transfer your exchanged money out to your foreign account.
    If you travel regularly its the best way to save money on rates and fees

Thanks a million that scenario works fine..transferung from my account go revolut then transferring to the account outside EU..mainly like the online facility to do all this...
    I went to my bank yesterday PTSB and the answer was I have to go to the brunch every time I want yo do the transfer...tried to explain that it's a matter of paying monthly but nothing...
    Maybe PTSB are very limited for now I will.follow your advise but thinking seriously to move bank after 20 years of doing business with them.

Advertisement